The last few games you beat and rate them 5

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
For what it's worth, Blood & Wine won the Best RPG of the Year award in 2016, the only DLC to ever do that. I spent a lot of time with it when I played the first time, but I loved the new map and really didn't want my Witcher 3 experience to end so I was dragging it out.

I'll reiterate the others: HoS has an outstanding story and should be done first (and before end game ideally), Blood & Wine should be last and after the main story. Both can be done after the main story though without any issue, it just fit better for me to tackle them that way.

Also I love one of the 'new' (to the game, not the world) characters you meet in B&W, one of my favorites of the whole game.
I should do HoS before deciding what to do with Cirri?

Reactions: Bocephus86

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - 8/10
I kind of blew this game off on release, picked it up at some point, maybe in a bundle, and forgot about it. Seeing the success of Space Marine 2, I wanted to finally give it a shot and I'm glad I did. I really don't know much about the Warhammer universe but it was fun going through this one.

The game is fairly repetitive but it basically plays like a dated third person Doom. You go out there and you ♥♥♥♥ orks up. You will grind them into a red paste, kill tons of enemies that come running towards you with whatever you have in your arsenal. Rifles aren't fast enough as hordes rush you? Time to bust out the melee weapons! Everything transitions really well.

I was interested in playing Space Marine 2 with all the praise it has received, after playing this, I am now excited to play it. It's a little dated, it's a little repetitive, but sometimes this kind of mindless action is what you need to have some fun!

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I should do HoS before deciding what to do with Cirri?
That's what I did when I replayed after the DLC came out. I started a new play through after I got both DLC. Its been a few years, but I think I switched to HoS right before the point of no return in the main story. I can't remember if I purposely traveled back to take it on or if there was a reason I was back in Novigrad that late game.

It doesn't hurt to do it after either.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Dave the Diver - 8/10

I finished the story and I guess you can keep playing to get trophies you missed or whatever. Anyway, fun game with great gameplay loop of diving then sushi bar. The characters are pretty good for what they are and most of the 5-10 seconds clips that would show for various things had me cracking up. Some things aren't explained very well but I guess that's what internet guides are for.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad