The last few games you beat and rate them 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Like a Dragon Gaiden 5/10

Like-a-Dragon-Gaiden_-The-Man-Who-Erased-His-Name-7.jpg.webp

Easily the worst game in the Yakuza series so far, though didn't expect anything more so didn't mind the playthrough. The plot didn't at any point feel captivating or necessary for the series canon, and gameplay elements were mostly the same or worse than in earlier titles. Quality over quantity could have saved the game here, but that definitely wasn't the case. Lukewarm filler content for a few evenings, likely never to be visited again. Not a pain though.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Nuclear Blaze - 7.5/10

Nuclear Blaze is a pretty fun indie 2D platformer as a firefighter investigating a secret lab. The music is really good, although there's not enough of it. The mechanics work and it was fun trying to solve some minor puzzles as you put out fires to reach the next area. The game can be completed in about 2 hours and I enjoyed the whole 2 hours.

Now the frustrating part is after you complete the game, you can unlock "Hold My Beer" mode which is basically hard mode with some new paths you have to take. I was enjoying it at first but after you get about a quarter of the way through the game, it becomes too difficult due to poor game mechanics. You have to be incredibly precise in all of your movements, jumps, dodges, etc as you race to put out the first completely before it spreads. Even one missed jump, missed dodge, misstep will lead you to failure and have to restart the room. I don't normally mind challenging platforming but the jumping, climbing, and dodging doesn't feel precise enough for this kind of difficulty.

I enjoyed the first run, I wanted to do the second, but I gave up on the second just because I thought the game mechanics weren't good enough for the difficulty presented. I still enjoyed the base game however, and would recommend it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad