GDT: The Hurricanes Play a Bunch of Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
My issue is that I see very few people doing this. I see most people going from extreme to extreme on a monthly basis based on absurd expectations and a refusal to take into account the speed bumps that a top team will go through over the course of a season, let alone over a potential 10-15 year window. I think the team is petering out over the course of the stretch here and is going to have a tough time in the playoffs. So for the most part I’m more in alignment with the people you’re talking about than they’d think. But they’re such obnoxious and emotionally extreme doom and gloomers that there’s no real “agreement” with them. In November we were missing the playoffs. When that didn’t happen, we were a paper tiger. Today we’re sitting at 2nd in the league with 2 games left in the season, fading down the stretch and licking our wounds from a couple of highly critical and unexpected injuries (among other, valid things like goaltending, Corsi not translating to goals, etc), and the folks who’ve been saying we’re terrible and going to miss the playoffs all year are using it as an opportunity for a completely non sequitur of an “I told you so”. And that’s very annoying. I don’t think getting annoyed at those people is the same thing as gatekeeping fandom.
Thanks for sharing your perspective. I was alluding to the folks on social outside of here. Across all platforms, the infighting and divide within the fandom discussions re: the roster, coaching and management has taken an unexpected and sometimes, ugly turn as the Canes performance has fallen off.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Thanks for sharing your perspective. I was alluding to the folks on social outside of here. Across all platforms, the infighting and divide within the fandom discussions re: the roster, coaching and management has taken an unexpected and sometimes, ugly turn as the Canes performance has fallen off.
Last year’s falloff plus losing to rangers set the stage. Once again expectations were raised this year from early stellar play and then with a poor TDL the falloff has made folks cranky.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
Last year’s falloff plus losing to rangers set the stage. Once again expectations were raised this year from early stellar play and then with a poor TDL the falloff has made folks cranky.
Let them be not spending at capital is actually better in hindsight with Svech going down a week later, even had we gotten Mier it's basically a wash losing Svechnikov we needed anther threat and a healthy Svechnikov to contend.... It stinks the hockey gods did not favor us this season.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
So did we just decide we were going to gift wrap the metro to the Devils and no one thought to tell me? I mean I know I haven't been in the GDTs lately but I figure if the Canes aren't going to bother showing up why should I?

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Let them be not spending at capital is actually better in hindsight with Svech going down a week later, even had we gotten Mier it's basically a wash losing Svechnikov we needed anther threat and a healthy Svechnikov to contend.... It stinks the hockey gods did not favor us this season.
Or maybe spending capital and Svetch doesnt get hurt.

Bally: no ghost replay????

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
A818C27550C852CE23371154E143EA5DA8A582F9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad