GDT: The Hurricanes Play a Bunch of Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
Feel free to go back and read the full thread to disabuse yourself of the context you’re trying to speak into existence here lol.

But even granting your premise, I would think if it were that predictable that Pacioretty was broken and would miss anywhere close to the full year, anyone, yourself included, would’ve made a pretty big point of it in the first several pages of the trade thread.
A smarter move would have been letting Pacioretty have a long recovery and worked him in the last week... We were steaming right along in the regular season before Svechnikov went down....

Now we are down two legit 35 goalies wings and 14.5M of cap on LTIR with no one to pick up the slack....

We are missing 75+ goals from last seasons lineup in Nino/Trocheck/Svechnikov the team on the ice right now MIGHT have been in wild card contention if they played the entire season.... I still think most severely underestimate what Svech brings night in and night out.

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
The Borg will trade him for pennies on the dollar before they let a player dictate their team building strategy.
the whole strategy goes out the window and you’re scrambling to avoid a quick descent into mediocrity or worse if you lose him, if the Borg doesn’t understand they need to treat Aho like the obviously unique player and asset he is we’re all wasting our time here anyway

Reactions: zman77

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Sunshines. Is that what we're calling the non-doomer/non-complainiacs? I love it! :laugh:
The air of superiority just rubs me the wrong way. So many of them make the assumption that someone who is simply offering a constructive criticism (not bashing or being ugly) must be a new fan or a bandwagoner. Ignoring that they could just be a realist. Also, they seem to forget in their gatekeeping that a lot of the "new" money is helping to finance the spend to the cap philosophy.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The air of superiority just rubs me the wrong way. So many of them make the assumption that someone who is simply offering a constructive criticism (not bashing or being ugly) must be a new fan or a bandwagoner. Ignoring that they could just be a realist. Also, they seem to forget in their gatekeeping that a lot of the "new" money is helping to finance the spend to the cap philosophy.
Not only that but they will openly say they are better fans than anyone else and if you dare criticize you should be stripped of your fandom and banished from the team.

I've literally had people tell me that on this site.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad