Line Combos: The Hunt for EJ's Left Handed Man

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Erik Johnson=314GP, 131Pts
Kevin Shattenkirk=181GP, 105Pts

TfsbS.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Can you guys imagine what it'd be like if we had a Shatty-Barrie top pairing? All of the points would get scored, on us sure, but that would be way more exciting than watching EJ clean up for morons.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
I think that with news of Joey Hishon playing his first game, the Avs might be more tempted now than ever to move Stastny. I can't see O'Reilly getting traded, not with the way he's played since arriving and not with the chemistry he and Landeskog have. I have a feeling the organization will keep a real close eye on Hishon and if they like what they see, they'll have confidence to move Stastny either at the draft or in the summer, but no sooner.

As for what we'd garner in return, I think that we'd have to add to Stastny in order to really get someone worth it. One of Elliott/Barrie would have to be included in the deal; don't care which one, Elliott seems to have more offensive flare but less reliable in the defensive zone while Barrie seems to be more of the Brian Rafalski type, steady both ends and chips in with offense, can be PP QB.

Of the names listed, I think that Alexander Edler, Keith Yandle, and Tobias Enstrom are the attainable players for a package involving Stastny + Elliott/Barrie, but I don't know if I'd want those players. I LOVE what I've seen from Wierchioch so far in Ottawa but I wouldn't trade that package for him alone.

Troubling dilemma, because I'm content with moving Stastny but at the right cost, not for a player who will come in and be a 2nd pairing d-man

As a Sabres fan I would be thrilled to bring Barrie to Buffalo. Kid is a stud.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
No one except for myself apparently wants to trade our 1st it seems, but here's my pitch. Fills 2 spots for one Asset. Risk:yes, but IMO a good risk to take

Reading some of the boards, Offers similar to this seemed pretty well received.
Kulikov + Howden/Shore + ?
for
Yak
So I figure our 1st would probably get at least a similar return since most feel the top 5 >Yak.

Was thinking adding Zanon, Hunwick, would bump the "?" a bit.

McGinn-Dutch-PAP
Landy-ROR-Downie
Howden-Stats-Jones or (Jones-Stats-Shore)
McLeod-Mitchell-Palushaj
Olver/Bords

Kuli-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Wilson-SOB
Hunwick/Zanon

Siemans eventually replaces Hejda or Wilson
Elliott eventually replaces SOB

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
No one except for myself apparently wants to trade our 1st it seems, but here's my pitch. Fills 2 spots for one Asset. Risk:yes, but IMO a good risk to take

Reading some of the boards, Offers similar to this seemed pretty well received.
Kulikov + Howden/Shore + ?
for
Yak
So I figure our 1st would probably get at least a similar return since most feel the top 5 >Yak.

Was thinking adding Zanon, Hunwick, would bump the "?" a bit.

McGinn-Dutch-PAP
Landy-ROR-Downie
Howden-Stats-Jones or (Jones-Stats-Shore)
McLeod-Mitchell-Palushaj
Olver/Bords

Kuli-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Wilson-SOB
Hunwick/Zanon

Siemans eventually replaces Hejda or Wilson
Elliott eventually replaces SOB

I'd jump all over that personally, I absolutely love the way Kulikov plays. If we could get Bjustad also instead of Howden/Shore I'd be ecstatic!

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'd jump all over that personally, I absolutely love the way Kulikov plays. If we could get Bjustad also instead of Howden/Shore I'd be ecstatic!

i was thinking of Bjustad, but was not sure he would play on the wing where as Shore projects as a possible C/RW and Howden a LW/C

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
As a Sabres fan I would be thrilled to bring Barrie to Buffalo. Kid is a stud.

As of right now, the most likely one to be traded is Elliott but that's because he's been struggling with consistency after his injury, and Barrie was our best defenseman for the games he played. However, Elliott likely does have more offensive potential

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I would trade Erik Johnson for a 2nd, recall barrie, and trade Stastny for a D-man.

Yes, because since he was traded here his production wouldnt get us anything more than a second out of him.

lol every team is gonna lining up to give away their top assests for a #1 D-man that plays dump and chase on the PP

Ok, lets just say management decided on trading EJ what do you think the avs should get in return?

Barrie deserves the roster spot more than Johnson so far this season. I think stastny should be traded in the off season for a decent D-man. Look i know Johnson is by far the most talented D-man on our roster, he's just missing the heart to go along with the talent. Mcginn is a third liner and should be a force on a line with Mitchell and Downie(when he returns next season)... And no one will ever offer us a 1st + a 1st line winger for EJ. And his production is less than half of shatty's since that trade happened.

All i see is sarcasm and support for an overrated player. Whats wrong still butthurt we got fleeced in the EJ trade?

Erik Johnson=314GP, 131Pts
Kevin Shattenkirk=181GP, 105Pts

I know I'm crying about it as well!

Interesting first eight posts on the board. Didn't feel like mentioning Stewart this time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad