Line Combos: The Hunt for EJ's Left Handed Man

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I really hope the Avs don't base trading Stastny off Hishon's health. I'm beyond happy that Hishon is back, but he will be rusty and a ways off still. Besides, I'm not sure if Hishon will play center in the pros. Sgarbossa is a much more likely replacement as a #3C in a sheltered role.

He may be rusty, but I think finishing up the season in the AHL will be great for him, we just have to hope he regains his form and becomes what he was when we drafted him. I see him as a centre, I'm not a fan of drafting players and then making them switch positions. It won't be based on his health alone though, he'd have to produce in order for them to consider moving Stastny. Is it likely? Probably not, but its a possibility.

Maybe it takes until we get going next season and Hishon is playing well in the AHL for them to move Stastny mid-season and call Hishon up to take his spot; either way, I just have a feeling that they're going to make a judgement off of how Hishon plays, which isn't the smartest move but it is a possibility

RingsOfS4turn

Mar 5, 2013
Yes, because since he was traded here his production wouldnt get us anything more than a second out of him.

RingsOfS4turn

Mar 5, 2013
lol every team is gonna lining up to give away their top assests for a #1 D-man that plays dump and chase on the PP

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
To clarify, I was working under the impression that Siemans would replace Hejda in a couple years which still left a hole at LD.

Thanks for not blowing my OP up as much as I anticipated though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Ok, lets just say management decided on trading EJ what do you think the avs should get in return?

Not going to happen because the Avs simply can't afford to trade their best defensemen by miles, but for argument overpayment of 1st + 1st line wing. Anything less and I would be seriously upset.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wonder what his thoughts are on Stastny's declining production, McGinn's struggles, and Barrie being labelled as a 7/8 dman by Joe Sacco.....:sarcasm:

My guess is Stastny should be traded for a 4th or 5th round pick, McGinn put on waivers. And Barrie bought out this summer.

Makes sense really, might as well remove all the dead weight.

RingsOfS4turn

Mar 5, 2013
Barrie deserves the roster spot more than Johnson so far this season. I think stastny should be traded in the off season for a decent D-man. Look i know Johnson is by far the most talented D-man on our roster, he's just missing the heart to go along with the talent. Mcginn is a third liner and should be a force on a line with Mitchell and Downie(when he returns next season)... And no one will ever offer us a 1st + a 1st line winger for EJ. And his production is less than half of shatty's since that trade happened.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Barrie deserves the roster spot more than Johnson so far this season. I think stastny should be traded in the off season for a decent D-man. Look i know Johnson is by far the most talented D-man on our roster, he's just missing the heart to go along with the talent. Mcginn is a third liner and should be a force on a line with Mitchell and Downie(when he returns next season)... And no one will ever offer us a 1st + a 1st line winger for EJ. And his production is less than half of shatty's since that trade happened.

2473273-page0_blog_entry34_mj_laughing1.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008

Last edited:

member 116861

RingsOfS4turn

Mar 5, 2013
All i see is sarcasm and support for an overrated player. Whats wrong still butthurt we got fleeced in the EJ trade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad