The Honest Thread (Non-biased, equitable hockey observations)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Just had a sudden realization that the biased I was holding on this site was because of strong emotions from reading opposing team fans acting obnoxious and making ignorant posts.(every fanbase has them, some more or less)

I realized that’s such a narrow perspective (in my opinion)

I just had an epiphany, and that is I am going to no longer hold a bias when evaluating or watching hockey. It makes it way more fun for me, plus I will not take watching these elite players from all over the league for granted.

I’ll start ,

I am a Canucks fan

1. McDavid is honestly next level, can’t believe he’s in my era of hockey. Nothing more needs to be said , just wow.

2. Matthews scoring goals is a work of art, he scares any opposing team when he has the puck on his stick in the slot, super dangerous player

3. Makar and Mackinnon are going to win another cup with the Avalanche, Makar had bad luck with injuries but he’s going to have some fully healthy seasons here and then look out

Quotes to consider when posting

"My comments aren't meant as statements of fact but more things that are hard to admit from my perspective." - @Canadienna

Disclaimer : I am not saying there is anything wrong with being biased or passionate, I welcome it and am grateful for it as it adds emotion to the game

Last edited:

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
I honestly can't wait for hockey to begin
Hey man no offence but it’s the off-season, things are slow and also threads can be scanned quickly and easily ignored.

Cheers

edit :
@SUX2BU hey man im sorry, that was rude from me

1. Kent Hughes is a great GM, I wish he was the Leafs GM.

2. Boston Bruins are a hell of an organization
Not going to lie I felt jealous too at time of Hughes. He’s looking sharp so far I’d say,

Also yeah Bruins are the definition of excellence, so much respect

Last edited:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hey man no offence but it’s the off-season, things are slow and also threads can be scanned quickly and easily ignored.

Cheers

Not going to lie I felt jealous too at time of Hughes. He’s looking sharp so far I’d say,

Also yeah Bruins are the definition of excellence, so much respect

Hey, you guys have a great one too. I love what Allvin has done for the Canucks.

Reactions: Coffees

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, if I hadn't been reading opposing fanbases on this site for 18 years or so I wouldn't get so bothered by hockey games.

No one is ever 100% free from bias, but we can try.

Things I'll say: Bruins benefitted from the Canucks' entire defense and Kesler being injured in 2011. The Blackhawks were way better than us in 2013. I still think we should've beaten the Blues in 2019 but Bergeron being uncharacteristically dominated and outclassed by O'Reilly was a major contributing factor.

And when I blame refs for losses it just betrays the fact that your margin for error was that small and you weren't clearly a better team in that case.

snag

Feb 22, 2014

That is why I bought 2 weeks worth of ski-in/ski-out accommodations last night. Now I got that shit to jones over too. LOL

• Love

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Totally agree with OP re: other teams fans generating most of my dislike/hatred for other teams and an overprotective bias for my team.

Some of these may seem obvious, but they're hard to admit as a Habs fan.

1. Michkov has higher upside than Demidov.

2. Leafs have one of the best goalscorers of all time (could end up the best).

3. Tim Stutzle probably isn't the worst diver in the league (anymore :D).

4. Leafs fans aren't really cocky these days and honestly could probably hype their team more than they do.

5. Kreider probably didn't intend to hurt Price, even if he intentionally fell into him. Likewise with Chara/Pacioretty.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Maybe if the league played in a perpetual regular season...........................is what somebody who is not on board with the OP might say.

Glad we won't see those low brow comments in this thread.

Tbh, even if no one is being biased people will still disagree because we don't all think alike.

My comments aren't meant as statements of fact but more things that are hard to admit from my perspective.

Reactions: HabsQC and Coffees

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
This isnt hard to admit because I am jealous of another team but rather because I am petty and find strange things funny. When the team that "wins the offseason" according to media outlets crashes and burns as per usual I really really enjoy it.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
1) Brady Tkachuk is exactly the kind of player you need to have success in the playoffs

2) Carey Price was the greatest goalie of his generation. If he had some offensive help the Habs win at least 1 cup with him.

3) Hughes is doing a phenomenal job with the Habs rebuild

4) Boston is one of, if not the best organization in hockey. Sustained success even after losing several superstar players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad