Post-Game Talk: The Hangover was actually a funny movie. This … is very unfunny.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Can't really agree with this. Not timid, not at all. Indeed I'm fascinated how personalities like McD can so easily seem to handle the stress of pro sports and really doing that from the start. McD is so good at the PR aspect particularly that he's the poster boy of the NHL. He's head and shoulders confident in himself and in his psyche. He's a mozart in that regard, if you meet somebody like McD you really wonder how its even possible to be so mature at age 15, 18, 21 etc. Rather than what you said McD is EXPERT at acclimating. One of the things that helps him be so great.
That has nothing to do with approach to games though, which there is a pretty extensive history through multiple coaches and rosters of his team failing to be ready at puck drop.

He's the poster boy by talent, and because he will never say something controversial. Is that a sign of confidence? Idk, I get that more from guys like Drai, Nylander and Zegras. Guys who are unabashedly themselves, not trained media robots.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Get me a pair of teen burgers and a large copium to drink please.

If you can't tell, I take losing to the Flames poorly. lol
Lmao I’m so terrible with slang. I looked up what copium meant bahahah

I agree. Me either. I was disgusted with the loss. More less disgusted that we are being out scored 15-3 in three games. We aren’t even just bad, we are complete trash. I don’t even know what to say

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Al Bundy has entered the chat. lol, I figured he would eventually.
I can't think of a better picture that describes the Oilers last three games than this one...

MV5BZDc5NzZmNTYtOTdmNS00MjkxLWE5NWEtNDI2MjJiYzFjMzgzXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_UY1200_CR486,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
This organization is so out of touch with reality they'll somehow blame coaching for this gross roster construction.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
The main boards just washing their boners over this. Man oh man… what it must be like to have more joy out of watching the oilers lose, than watch your own team win lol. I tell ya, I hate Toronto and Calgary with a passion, and I could care less what they do. I don’t even know what their records are. I swear people just have too much time on their hands.

People who don’t even cheer for Calgary or Edmonton tune in just to see Edmonton lose lmao.

A lot of losers out there

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
McDrai are really owning this bad start for me. Jackson's shine has really worn off too.

3 games in and Emberson is sitting, and Brown is in the minors. Somehow HF was concerned about offer sheets the first day of free agency, yet the idea seems to have eluded management. There was some big mistakes this offseason

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
The main boards just washing their boners over this. Man oh man… what it must be like to have more joy out of watching the oilers lose, than watch your own team win lol. I tell ya, I hate Toronto and Calgary with a passion, and I could care less what they do. I don’t even know what their records are. I swear people just have too much time on their hands.

People who don’t even cheer for Calgary or Edmonton tune in just to see Edmonton lose lmao.

A lot of losers out there

One of the main reason why I don't really go on mains anymore. At some point, it's less about ribbing with rivals and more straight vitriol. I think after Ben Stelter died, some people on that board were making fun of him for being fat, saying they were honoring some fat kid. Stopped really going there too often. I think for some people, it's gone beyond just fan rivalry and went into actual, illogical hatred. People there don't care about reasoned arguments, doesn't matter. No smart discussion can happen there anymore.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Nurse can’t be waived or traded..a healthy scratch should definitely happen
Everytime I think Nurse cannot get any dumber, he does it. Guy cannot play simple hockey. Tries too much and it leads to a goal against when he leaves his man.

Just a braindead low IQ dman. Just hideous

Fun fact:

If they didn’t have Jeff Skinner they’d have one goal in three games.
The top guys should learn a thing or two from this guy. What did he have? 8/9 shot attempts and 6 actual shots on net?

Dumb idiots all overpassing it. Refusing to play simpler. Can't take shots and drive the net, etc. Perimeter dynasty

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I’m frustrated that it seems like in this day and age, being a skilled player = you don’t have to hit or aggressively forecheck. In pro hockey, every f***ing player should be willing and able to throw a few hits per game. Especially early in games when you’re fresh - why not make the investment in a little bit of intimidation? The team looks emotionally flat to start out games, and they didn’t even attempt to respond to Backlund hacking at Skinner’s leg behind the net.

Based on how last year went, I’m still feeling good about them turning things around, but some physical play would really help get that going.

No matter how good this team has been in the regular season for the last 5 years, there’s always a near catastrophe at some point where the season looks in jeopardy - whether it be in the first few weeks, or sometime in December or January. Why can we not ever just get 82 games where they lock into a playoff spot early and comfortably stay there? The unevenness that this team plays with should’ve been outgrown now that the leadership group are all late 20s-early 30s.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
One of the main reason why I don't really go on mains anymore. At some point, it's less about ribbing with rivals and more straight vitriol. I think after Ben Stelter died, some people on that board were making fun of him for being fat, saying they were honoring some fat kid. Stopped really going there too often. I think for some people, it's gone beyond just fan rivalry and went into actual, illogical hatred. People there don't care about reasoned arguments, doesn't matter. No smart discussion can happen there anymore.
Absolutely disgusting. I think I saw that too. It’s such a shame. Nothing wrong with fan rivals and even saying “your team isn’t as good as you think it is” but it’s next level on the main boards. These fans genuinely have nothing better to do on Sunday night than watch a team they hate lol. It’s sad honestly.

I don’t know why I bother going on there anymore. So many unintelligent idiots there

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'm glad you've stopped going there. It's a complete shit show of illogical people with no hearts

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Tough to win with a McDavid sporting 1 assist and -5 stat line though three games. A thoroughly well earned -5 at that.
Very frustrating. These clowns went on that 16 game streak and never allowed more than 2/3 goals in those game. They played air tight D where our goalies barely had to make big saves.

They just can't stick to that D system. They stray away.

Playoffs they played pretty good D too. Just some atrocious goaltending here there first 2 rounds mainly.

The refuse to stick to it defensively. That Andersson goal was so embarassing by McDavid and Hyman? Atrocious.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

McDavid needs to adopt the Kobe Bryant Mamba mentality. You're bigger than these f***ing useless refs. Should have got a call for interference before the Anderson goal.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
yep, they should just admit they f***ed up and bench him. At this point who cares, he's waaaay too bad to really use effectively. Unironically, if they bought him out and had dead cap space until 2030, it would be preferable to him playing.
They don't have the balls to bench him. Sometimes you pressbox a guy for 2 games let him see the game from up top and reset. They will never do this.

What’s Tonya Harding up to these days?
Maybe he should start partying with Jack Campbell..well, I shouldn't go there, but I know what he was doing here and in Detroit to go to that program.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Not paying hard nose, hard work hockey is kicking their ass right now.

But some of the off-season moves an not addressing our D is hurting them big time.

Expecting another coaching change soon. Not sure if it’s the right move or not though.
There is no way they can replace the coach. You might as well just start trading the top guys and to a massive re-tool. Coach killers

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They are still hungover it seems.
Draisaitl, Bouchard, Hyman, McDavid, RNH have been just plain bad especially on the defensive side of the puck. Bouchard can’t make a 5 foot pass on the tape it seems. RNH looks like he’s skating in sand.

Nurse is at this point a massive liability in every facet of the game. And I’m the guy who said he’s going to rebound this year. Glad I didn’t go to Bet925 with that silly statement.

Team desperately needs players with some sandpaper as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad