Post-Game Talk: The Hangover was actually a funny movie. This … is very unfunny.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Lol man did he screw things up with the Nurse and Campbell contracts. Oof

Didn't help that JJ and Bowman made this team older and slower in the offseason and their prized D acquisition benched by Game 3 already.
Perry and Skinner account for 66% of the offense so far.

The offseason wasn’t the problem.

McDavid, Nurse, RNH, Hyman and goaltending have sunk them.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
It's time to ask some uncomfortable questions about team leadership. Lockerroom yelling in the finals aside, the lack of interest in bearing down in regular season games is quite palpable.
Connor and Leon really have to get on my bad side for me to be legitimately angry with them but this is one of those times. They clearly don't have any clue on how to prepare their troops to go to battle when the puck drops at the start of the season. It's unacceptable. They've discusted me this season!

Reactions: K1984 and Oilhawks

North

Jun 25, 2009
In all honesty, say you didn’t know what Nurse was being paid and watched him “play”, where in the d lineup do you think he should be and how much should he actually be making?

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
I don't even know what to say. I'm usually a pretty positive fan, but man...there just isn't much to be positive about right now. I truly at a loss when it comes to this team right now.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Well, the referees are certainly in mid-season form, like they suck bad already.

With that said, I didn’t like how the Oilers played at all after the disallowed goals.

At least the PK% got a boost tonight, I guess?

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Play McDrai on the same line, with 4th line minutes and competition. Gotta ease them back in.

We have no extra forwards, everybody knows they are golden, will get mega minutes no matter how awful they are. No accountability on this team, it’s actually the opposite, the worse you play, and the further behind we fall, the more ice time you get. It’s like minor hockey where the best players get the icetime with no repercussions ever.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I only watched parts of this game but granted I don’t think I saw 2 passes in a row all game. The team is playing sloppy and the fact that they’re the oldest team in the league really is showing, along with our poor defense and goaltending

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Did they at least win on the "deserve to win"-ometer for a moral victory at least?

No... ok... well there's nothing positive then.

Oh and... f*** the refs and f*** the league. Makes an unenjoyable game that much more unenjoyable.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
These f***ers are playing like they're still depressed about losing in game 7. They're passive, they're slow, they unengaged. If someone described their play as "pouty" this is what I'd envision.

Just yikes.

It really feels like even though its only 3 games in to the season that this team could really go off the rails in a hurry if they don't catch a couple of breaks.

Pouty is a great way to explain this team.

I just can’t comprehend why this “leadership” group has to go through this cycle all the time.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Connor and Leon really have to get on my bad side for me to be legitimately angry with them but this is one of those times. They clearly don't have any clue on how to prepare their troops to go to battle when the puck drops at the start of the season. It's unacceptable. They've discusted me this season!
Leon hasn’t been bad so far. Some bad puck luck but he’s been skating and being aggressive.

McDavid OTOH looks like someone voodoo dolled him.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
We have no extra forwards, everybody knows they are golden, will get mega minutes no matter how awful they are. No accountability on this team, it’s actually the opposite, the worse you play, and the further behind we fall, the more ice time you get. It’s like minor hockey where the best players get the icetime with no repercussions ever.

2nd power play unit should be starting next game.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Same crap start as 3/4 last seasons.

There's basically two flavors of regular season for this team, ass start (see 3/4 last seasons) or hot start followed by a nightmare December.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
McDavid can go eat popcorn if he doesn’t want to play hockey

F all of them
We heard about him having an injury for much of last season then no surgery in the offseason. If he didn't heal 100% then we are completely f***ed. All that I know is that when grit guys like Hyman are losing battles and not giving 100%, something is majorly off.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Terrible officiating but you have to overcome this stuff.

-Absolutely nothing coming from the big guns.
-Mc-D has 1 point in 3 games? Trying to stickhandle thru too many guys
-All kinds of shots that simply miss the net
-passes that are whiffed on
-guys drifting into the slot and you know that Stu doesn't excel at stopping those.

Well, as someone said on the last GDT--they only play well with their backs against the wall. 3 home losses to start the season might constitute a wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad