GDT: The Hangover. Oilers v Flames, 6 PM, SN.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
That D core
r_1407520_GB8AG.jpg

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
presented Proprietary theory #50 Apr 21, 17 here. a 30 yr look at final 4 roster.
Part C. 4+ top 60 Ev Def D
part D. Top PK F & D
Desharnais #5 EV deff D last 2 ssn. Ekholm, Ceci, Kulak top 40. Kulak can cover 4 Bott 60 def D Nurse. We saw Ekholm do that 4 Bott 60 Bouchard.
Ekholm - Desh a top 20 PK . PK Prs better than avg, Ekholm in4, Ceci 3, Kulak, Desh 2.
Must remember CHI cup ( match my theory) roster was built before Bowman.
VGK took 100% matching in Exp draft: Top OSH save % Fluery, 9 elite Ev & PK D trade 2, 3 Top PK fwd
4 Top 125 eV g/P Fwd, 4 top OSH targeting fwds
Coach; 1G, 7D, 11F stated APr 21, 17 Pre Exp draft they would be a GA cup final team.
My quote, “ Opinion is for those who do not care about killing others” Dad Avro arrow, NASA, ESA said Space Shurttle example of people not looking at 100% of variables = guessing!
Last 33 final 4 most winning teams give up 6g 1.50gaa to .3G .75 GAA in 4 wins.
A 3 this playoff had that happen!
Muti M fwd shut down by Def.
Talk D. Sutter t Cactus Corner truck stop Congratulating him for trading 4 Brayden mMcnab (Top 10 EV Def D). Sutter would tell me “ We are turning them into F…… robots.” Never told him I agree! See final 4 def
He is ex. Of the Coach part A. In final 4 roster.
50 NHLtheories is 8th best work!
#2 Predict Plastic disaster & Designing a zero pollution solution not built. NAIT 94-96
#3 unique combos Fetal cell const. Fe/male traits in xx,xy 78-81’ age 14 -18
#5 N.O.V. Drill equip/bid design client Gasprom) ( 40+ yr new enviro tech in RUS! F yeah) vs Chenney Pre VP
#6 data Ident & capture Coal to NG conversion Pilot site ( Sheerness) till Cancer diagnosis in 18’
Our roster is not top 5 final 4 structured yet! But 2 D have history to get there! Go oilers!
IMG_1964.gif

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
presented Proprietary theory #50 Apr 21, 17 here. a 30 yr look at final 4 roster.
part D. Top PK F & D
Desharnais #5 EV deff D last 2 ssn. Ekholm, Ceci, Kulak top 40. Kulak can cover 4 Bott 60 def D Nurse. We saw Ekholm do that 4 Bott 60 Bouchard.
Ekholm - Desh a top 20 PK . PK Prs better than avg, Ekholm in4, Ceci 3, Kulak, Desh 2.
VGK took 100% matching in Exp draft: Top OSH save % Fluery, 9 elite Ev & PK D trade 2, 3 Top PK fwd
Coach; 1G, 7D, 11F stated APr 21, 17 Pre Exp draft they would be a GA cup final team.
My quote, “ Opinion is for those who do not care about killing others” Dad Avro arrow, NASA, ESA said Space Shurttle example of people not looking at 100% of variables = guessing!
Talk D. Sutter t Cactus Corner truck stop Congratulating him for trading 4 Brayden mMcnab (Top 10 EV Def D). Sutter would tell me “ We are turning them into F…… robots.” Never told him I agree! See final 4 def
#2 Predict Plastic disaster & Designing a zero pollution solution not built. NAIT 94-96
#5 N.O.V. Drill equip/bid design client Gasprom) ( 40+ yr new enviro tech in RUS! F yeah) vs Chenney Pre VP
#6 data Ident & capture Coal to NG conversion Pilot site ( Sheerness) till Cancer diagnosis in 18’
Our roster is not top 5 final 4 structured yet! But 2 D have history to get there! Go oilers!
leon-draisaitl-confused.gif

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Emberson likes to hit but isn't overly big. Nurse was running around in game 1 but might not be healthy. Then we have Perry who is slow but will drop em if need be and Podkolzin that can play physical. Everyone else is either average or below average in terms of playing physical. Watch Connor get fed up and start hitting because no one else will.
I'd argue Draisaitl and Ekholm are both also above average (and perhaps Hyman, in a different way).

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Season start looks a lot like last year. Underlying metrics look good meaning things should turn around. Bad goaltending. Bad finishing. Bad finer details on defence leading to some glaring defensive mistakes.

They'll tighten up defensively, the goalies will start giving them average performances instead of terrible ones, and the extremely talents top 6 and top pairing D will start finishing their chances.

A win tonight would help a lot to not let them dig a hole this year. A .500 October would be more than fine for me.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Wish we could have moved Nurse somehow before this season. Yeah there would be a hole, which is why you gotta move him in the off season and use the massive savings to fill out the roster. Just a massive handicap to the roster, he’s taking all the money that could pay for a whole 2nd pairing.

Anyway.

I went to the last pre season game, you could tell very quickly that the Oilers would lose and get embarrassed. They just have that vibe very early on sometimes, like they’re just not gonna try, or they’re depressed, it’s f***ing annoying. Go work a real job for a year, tell me how it feels to get up in the morning for astronomically less money, just to get by, then tell me how it’s hard to get up for games while making more money in a single game than you would toiling away for a whole year.

Ahem.. anyway.

It’s game 2 but we’ve seen this bullshit before. If they’re playing like depressed losers I’m tuning out of this game and maybe waiting until they’ve got a winning record until tuning back in.

Wake the f*** up and find your balls.. starting to feel like the Leafs, high off their own farts and probably close to carrying purses around like Auston.

Reactions: Duke74

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Off the top of my head, the have 3 forwards tougher than any of our players: Lomberg, Popsil, Klapka. Their D isn’t any better than ours skill-wise but they have some huge guys. A couple taller than 6’4”, no one under 6’0”. I’m worried we’re going to get pushed around.
Pospisil for sure will be running around. Perry and Nurse will need to stand up, maybe Hyman, Nuge and Kulak too.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Start PP#2 on the powerplays.

Janmark-McDavid-Hyman Podkolzin-Draisaitl-Arvidsson Skinner-Henrique-Brown

RNH-Ryan-Perry

Stop this lazy slide before it becomes 2-9-1 and get these guys to actually dig in now so we aren't playing dirty teams in the first couple rounds. We know they can win games when eventually engaged and playing with their buddies, and we know PP#1 can score for a while. We need a functional empowered pp2 when McD and Drai are injured again because they played catchup all season and playoff series.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
part D. Top PK F & D
Good to have you back on HF.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Pretty sure he was part of the Open AI project that created it. Maybe he didn’t directly create it but he definitely had some involvement in the past, possibly paving the foundations for it.
He was an early investor, but he left and started his own when they didn't want to merge with Tesla.

Reactions: Duke74

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Move Janmark and Brown up into the top6 as designated back checkers because the centers obviously don't want to.

Far too much slack being given to the stars, in part due to reluctance to criticize them at all (ever), and I'm sure part due to good will with the game 7 Finals appearance and video of vocal leadership, etc

Leadership from the guys with letters has been missing and is as big a part of this shit start as Skinner and Pickard forgetting how to goalie and the vaunted D issue. The much maligned role players have come to play.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
part D. Top PK F & D
It appears you're sharing a portion of your proprietary hockey theory, specifically focusing on the importance of defense in building a successful NHL team. Here's a breakdown of your key points:

Theory Components:

Part C: Having 4+ top 60 even-strength defensemen (EV Def D)

Part D: Top penalty-killing forwards and defensemen (PK F & D)

Key Players:

Desharnais (top 5 EV Def D)

Ekholm (top 40 EV Def D, top 20 PK)

Ceci (top 40 EV Def D)

Kulak (top 40 EV Def D)

Nurse (top 60 EV Def D)

Observations:

Chicago Blackhawks' Cup-winning roster (pre-Bowman) and Vegas Golden Knights' expansion draft strategy support your theory.

Last 33 Final Four teams with the most wins allowed 6 goals (1.50 GAA) in losses and 0.3 goals (0.75 GAA) in wins.

Multi-forward shutdown by defense.

Personal Anecdote:

Conversation with Darryl Sutter, former NHL coach, about trading for Brayden McNabb (top 10 EV Def D).

Other Theories:

You've developed 50 NHL theories, ranking this one 8th. Other notable theories include:

Predicting plastic disasters and designing zero-pollution solutions (ranked #2)

Unique fetal cell combinations (ranked #3)

Environmental tech designs for Gasprom (ranked #5)

Data identification and capture for coal-to-natural gas conversion (ranked #6)

Conclusion:

Your theory emphasizes the importance of strong defense in building a successful NHL team. While the Edmonton Oilers' current roster isn't top 5 in Final Four structure, you're optimistic about their potential with two defensemen having a history of success.

Would you like to discuss or expand on any specific aspect of your theory?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Far too much slack being given to the stars, in part due to reluctance to criticize them at all (ever), and I'm sure part due to good will with the game 7 Finals appearance and video of vocal leadership, etc

Leadership from the guys with letters has been missing and is as big a part of this shit start as Skinner and Pickard forgetting how to goalie and the vaunted D issue. The much maligned role players have come to play.

Any view of the team so far that isn’t the Top 6 is completely unable to score and the goalie is completely unable to stop the puck is an effort to tag the team with whatever problem certain fans want it to be.

Hear a repeat of “old! slow! Coyotes D men!” when none of those things have been the problem so far. The players that people fret over being too old or too slow have been our best players so far, sadly. The Coyotes D men wouldn’t be much of an issue if Darnell Nurse found a way to play hockey at an NHL level to start the year.

If we had even .850 goaltending and shot at like 8% we probably win one of those games, or at least have a point. That’s how incredibly bad our shooting and goaltending have been. Wishing we can hit shooting and SV% numbers that would be considered massively subpar in any normal environment.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Any view of the team so far that isn’t the Top 6 is completely unable to score and the goalie is completely unable to stop the puck is an effort to tag the team with whatever problem certain fans want it to be.

Hear a repeat of “old! slow! Coyotes D men!” when none of those things have been the problem so far. The players that people fret over being too old or too slow have been our best players so far, sadly. The Coyotes D men wouldn’t be much of an issue if Darnell Nurse found a way to play hockey at an NHL level to start the year.

If we had even .850 goaltending and shot at like 8% we probably win one of those games, or at least have a point. That’s how incredibly bad our shooting and goaltending have been. Wishing we can hit shooting and SV% numbers that would be considered massively subpar in any normal environment.
Yup. The oldest slowest dude on the team is leading the team with an xGF that's double the guy in 2nd haha.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah. I won't get angry if CGY lays the boots to us. I have a really hard time seeing us win this game. CGY is much more engaged in their games.

Can somebody translate this? Still appreciate your effort for whatever you are trying to convey
The big gist I think is Ekholm and Kulak are good defensively and have shown ability to cover for and improve bad defensive players. Pointed out to what Ekholm did for Bouchard. So he is saying to play Kulak with Nurse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad