The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Declaring that a player will be bad in the playoffs before they have even played one playoff game in their career is stupid as ****.

Jake Guentzel is 5'11 and 180 lbs. He has 43 points in 41 playoff games... Higher than his career regular season average.

Patrick Kane is as small as DeBrincat, and less physical. The only guy with more playoff points over the last decade is Sidney Crosby...

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
LOL he isn't even that slow, he is average.

LOL dude come on you can’t believe that, average means he can keep up with most situations, he’s like the slowest player in the league, that’s not average. Tell me a slower player please because I have not seen one. His skating just bad.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
LOL dude come on you can’t believe that, average means he can keep up with most situations, he’s like the slowest player in the league, that’s not average. Tell me a slower player please because I have not seen one. His skating just bad.

Probably not the slowest if you include Dmen but among forwards, Strome is right there among the slowest.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
he can keep up in most situations. Slowest palyer in the league, lol, watch more hockey. Zach Smith, is slow.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
he can keep up in most situations. Slowest palyer in the league, lol, watch more hockey. Zach Smith, is slow.

Actually, from a standstill, Strome can't keep up and his edges are terrible as well which is most obvious away from the puck. His skating is the main reason that earlier I called for Strome to be moved to the wing. His hockey sense keeps him afloat in this league but like most guys on this team, he needs to resist his pass-first mentality.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Actually, from a standstill, Strome can't keep up and his edges are terrible as well which is most obvious away from the puck. His skating is the main reason that earlier I called for Strome to be moved to the wing. His hockey sense keeps him afloat in this league but like most guys on this team, he needs to resist his pass-first mentality.
It's not often NHLers are caught standing still. When he's moving, he has no issue keeping up with Debrincat when entering the other teams end. He knows his strenghts, and plays off of them. He's not going to zoom by guys, but he can keep up with his linemates, and is among the average NHL skaters. the "slowest skaters in the league" don't average 0.8+pts/GP.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's not often NHLers are caught standing still. When he's moving, he has no issue keeping up with Debrincat when entering the other teams end. He knows his strenghts, and plays off of them. He's not going to zoom by guys, but he can keep up with his linemates, and is among the average NHL skaters. the "slowest skaters in the league" don't average 0.8+pts/GP.

That's part of my point though. Strome often does the half-circle change of direction that exposes his defensive game especially. During a game, there's no start/stop in his skating.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah, and he'll pass the puck in prime shooting areas and play on the perimeter in the O zone.

And Strome isn't the only one.... lately there have been signs that the team is snapping out of that pass-first mentality. Perhaps when he returns to the line-up that will wear off on him as well. The excessive perimeter play and east-west hockey ... well that's not so easy to fix.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I watched 2 periods of the Arizona game yesterday and man do I not miss Schmaltz one bit. I don't even love Strome, but I'm just glad we don't have to deal with Schmaltz anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad