The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
here is a question, lets assume that Darling is on the team, will the Bhawks still be having a this disastrous system ?? even with the performance that Darling is having this season ??
ok i made a simple mistake, lets me assume that the word i wanted to use is season in this disastrous season??

would the presence of Darling have change this season ??

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
ok i made a simple mistake, lets me assume that the word i wanted to use is season in this disastrous season??

would the presence of Darling have change this season ??

Yes, with how he has played this season, the Hawks would be a sure thing for Dahlin. :laugh:

Jokes aside, it's obvious Darling has had a really, really, really bad season. If he's here, it's hard to say if he would still have that bad season. But if he did, then it doesn't change anything other than giving us a better pick.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yes, with how he has played this season, the Hawks would be a sure thing for Dahlin. :laugh:

Jokes aside, it's obvious Darling has had a really, really, really bad season. If he's here, it's hard to say if he would still have that bad season. But if he did, then it doesn't change anything other than giving us a better pick.
ref the bold, :thumbu: :cheers: excellent. many thanks needed that this morning.

well the reason i posted such convoluted question without a real answer, is b/c i seen poster stating hypothetical questions or statements, i figure the most important one is last yr trade with Darling. would he have change this season with a viable goaltender in nets for the Bhawks.

for me i would answer yes, if vegas wouldn't have selected him. he is or was a much better option than what this season has shown. however this is in the realm of would've, could've, should've.

Reactions: TLEH

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I still think that Darling can absolutely bounce back, but the fact is that given his season we shouldn't be amping for him to return even if the Canes are willing to half retain.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Panarin with 4 points tonight...but at least Q found someone to carry Toews...it just too bad his name is Patrick Kane

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The way he's getting talked about makes even if you move Seabs it's still a worry adding a greater value of what Panarin will cost. This team already has to fit too many cheap elcs or high end deals.

Panarin has been hot lately, kinda hot the last 2 regular season finishes too, but before it CBJ wasn't so certain for a playoff spot as they seem now. He's helped them in that regard but for both clubs these need to benefit them long term

Reactions: LDF

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
He had seven points in seven games in 2016 and was one of many that did squat in 2017. I just don't get the talking point that he was a non-factor when the playoffs came around when that statement only makes sense if you only look at 2017 and then hold him to a different standard compared to the rest of the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The way he's getting talked about makes even if you move Seabs it's still a worry adding a greater value of what Panarin will cost. This team already has to fit too many cheap elcs or high end deals.

Panarin has been hot lately, kinda hot the last 2 regular season finishes too, but before it CBJ wasn't so certain for a playoff spot as they seem now. He's helped them in that regard but for both clubs these need to benefit them long term

interesting point. while many can gauge whether it is a win - lost for how one would look at it or want to see it. but the end results will not be visible until sometime in the future.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Panarin 3g/1a

68pts in 74gp.

Product of Kane?
not sure anyone ever said that - I think we all said it sucked to lose him, but were hoping to get a 25g 25a Saad back who could play better defense and help out Toews with the loss of Hossa. That hasn't happened obviously and Panarin had a rough few month stretch as well to only really come on the past 6 weeks. Panarin is good, no damn doubt about it, wish we had him but f*** it can't look back now

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
It was mostly the main board who was saying that (sans maybe a poster or two here). They thought Panarin was overrated and a product of Kane when Hawks fans jumped in to say he is pretty f***ing dangerous on his own.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
not sure anyone ever said that - I think we all said it sucked to lose him, but were hoping to get a 25g 25a Saad back who could play better defense and help out Toews with the loss of Hossa. That hasn't happened obviously and Panarin had a rough few month stretch as well to only really come on the past 6 weeks. Panarin is good, no damn doubt about it, wish we had him but **** it can't look back now

Panarin has 52 points in 49 games since December 1st, and he's 25 points in 22 games during the past 6 weeks, so it's not just a few weeks.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
not sure anyone ever said that - I think we all said it sucked to lose him, but were hoping to get a 25g 25a Saad back who could play better defense and help out Toews with the loss of Hossa. That hasn't happened obviously and Panarin had a rough few month stretch as well to only really come on the past 6 weeks. Panarin is good, no damn doubt about it, wish we had him but **** it can't look back now

Go look at the trade thread, a lot of HF experts liked that trade, if not by page one then by page ten they were all saying "I kinda like that trade now, makes the team more balanced, gets Toews going, etc"

And yes many said that Panarin's production will go down without Kane...

What an absolutely pathetic trade by a pathetic useless clueless GM

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Go look at the trade thread, a lot of HF experts liked that trade, if not by page one then by page ten they were all saying "I kinda like that trade now, makes the team more balanced, gets Toews going, etc"

And yes many said that Panarin's production will go down without Kane...

What an absolutely pathetic trade by a pathetic useless clueless GM

with ref to keep everything in perspective, yes i mention that i like the trade. i like it b/c at the end of the day, it was the length of Sasad contract that won it for me. the additional thoughts of helping Toews will be a plus. Kane is good enuf to over come the lost of the breadman. ex - line is Kane, AA and Schm would and could have taken up the slack.

now for the way kane's line is being handle is the real problem esp in kane production. this will be seen at end of at this lousy season. Q's table setting, his ability or lack of restraint in his constant changing line and limiting the player TOI is a major problem. this hasn't change and it is viewed more this season my posters b/c of the season the Bhawks is having.

yes SB is not completely innocent in this season failure, but it is the game by game coaching or lack off that is affecting the season. the real question is who is more complicit in this season outcome ??

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
As of roughly three weeks ago Panarin only had two more goals than Saad had at that point in time. That has since changed, clearly.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hey, if Stan knew Panarin was going to play like this, he would have kept him. This is the guy he was in year one and then some. He needs to carry his own line though. There had to be some internal debate on him between Bowman and Q.

As for Panarin in the playoffs, he’s going to tear it up if he keeps this type of play up. The cross ice globetrotting falls flat in the playoffs, but this one man swiss army knife thing he has going this year should do a lot of damage, rooting for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad