GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Superstitions? Us? Naaah. Sabres 4-Stars 2 10/22/24

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I will die on the hill that a guy getting chances is so much closer to breaking out that a guy who isn't. Cozens is not getting any puck luck but he's getting shots and chances which is more than half the battle IMO.
Yep. Cozens is getting chances.

Quinn on the other hand… no shots or even shot attempts this game. Yikes

Reactions: Chainshot

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Yep. Cozens is getting chances.

Quinn on the other hand… no shots or even shot attempts this game. Yikes
He seems to be the high forward, and the line is not getting sustained zone time, so I think he is mostly just out there playing defense.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I thought the 2nd period (+ some of the third) was the best I’ve seen the Sabres play in years. The energy, backchecking, forecheck, tight on gaps was outstanding. It was a mature brand of hockey that we didn’t see under Granato.

If we can play like that consistently - we 100% can be a legit playoff team. It’s also a part of what makes it so frustrating when they look lackadaisical - because you know this is what they’re capable of.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Really happy to see Tage feeling it again. This team will sink or swim with his 1C game.
That whole line is producing like a 1st line with Tuch having 9 pts in 8 GP, Tage having 8 pts in 8 GP, and JJP having 6 pts in 6 GP.

Now if someone could unplug Cozens and Quinn and plug them back in, that would be great.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad