The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Why do seriously people want to move Ribs? 50-point #2C, and I'm thinking he could put up more next season as he doesn't face the toughest matchup anymore. Yeah, he was weak in the postseason but it doesn't automatically dismiss the two great reg. season performances that he has had for us.

Yeah, it kind of does.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Eriksson or Okposo & 1 of the UFA Dmen would be all we need, imho.

give 6.5-7 to a 30 year old Eriksson who is probably looking at 5-6 years in term

Give 6-7 to a 28 year old Okposo who is also probably looking at 5-6 years in term

Or give 5-5.5 to a 26 year old Boedker who is probably looking at 4-6 year in term.

I say go the cheapest/youngest route in Boedker, lock up Forsberg, sign a vet/big boy d-man at a decent price.

This adds a scoring/speed piece, gets us Forsberg for the foreseeable future and gives us the room to lock down Johansen to a big deal when he is up after next season. Gives us an even better top 6, and a top 6 that is in tact for years to come.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
give 6.5-7 to a 30 year old Eriksson who is probably looking at 5-6 years in term

Give 6-7 to a 28 year old Okposo who is also probably looking at 5-6 years in term

Or give 5-5.5 to a 26 year old Boedker who is probably looking at 4-6 year in term.

I say go the cheapest/youngest route in Boedker, lock up Forsberg, sign a vet/big boy d-man at a decent price.

This adds a scoring/speed piece, gets us Forsberg for the foreseeable future and gives us the room to lock down Johansen to a big deal when he is up after next season. Gives us an even better top 6, and a top 6 that is in tact for years to come.

He sucked this year.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Not really. What it does do is make it clear that we can't rely on him in pressure situations. So we keep him around as secondary scoring and find someone who can actually handle those responsibilities.

This.

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
If we dont want to go crazy and make some fun deals involving moving one of our top 4 D and if we want to keep both Smith and Wilson I wouldnt mind going for Bozak and Brouwer. Bozak could be had for around a 2nd according to Toronto fans and if we overpay a bit maybe we'll get them to take a cap dump for a year. Also read St Louis might be willing to drop Brouwer for cap reason and I think he's a fantastic 3rd liner that would be great for us. He'll probably make around 3,5 though.

*After dropping Goose we'll have about 13,5 mill cap space
*Resigning Forsberg means an increase of maybe 5,5 leaving 8 mill
*We trade 2nd + Bourque + Nystrom (cap dump 2,5) for Bozak (cap 4,2) leaving 6,3
*We sign Brouwer for 3,5 leaving 2,8

Next year Fisher and Ribeiro leaves clearing cap for Johansens increase.

2016/2017 something like
Wilson - Johansen - Neal
Forsberg - Bozak - Smith
Järnkrok - Ribeiro - Brouwer
Arvidsson - Fisher - Sissons

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
I think Fiala is either in the lineup next season or traded. Really hope for the former.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'd like Okposo personally. I don't know the Wild's cap situation but you have to wonder if there is mutual interest there, as he is from St. Paul and played college hockey at Minnesota.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
The Nashville Predators have over $15 million in cap space for next year with 18 players under contract. Filip Forsberg needs a new deal, but they have plenty of room for it.

via mynhltraderumors.com

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
The Nashville Predators have over $15 million in cap space for next year with 18 players under contract. Filip Forsberg needs a new deal, but they have plenty of room for it.

via mynhltraderumors.com

I dont think thats a true statement though

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We could trade Vesey's rights for Ericsson's that way we could have 1st shot at signing him. Not sure how things will look cap wise though if we sign Ericsson and Forsberg. All we are getting rid of is Gaustad.
I doubt they need to trade for Vesey to ensure that they get him. I'm sure Boston already knows they're signing him through some type of shady move or another, whether it be tampering or backdoor discussions or whatever.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
According to NHL Numbers, they have $16 mil in space with really only having to sign Forsberg and Hook. I really don't understand where the budget concerns come from.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/NAS?year=2017

I agree. I don't think there should be any budget concerns whatsoever. The only concerns we should have is log jamming the youth again. If we decide to sign 1 or 2 forwards from the free agency pool, the only thing it will effect is our young guys.

Like where will Arvy play moving forward. Where does Jarnkrok slide in. Fiala and Aberg, do they make the cut? Does Kamenev see action? Those are the concerns. Not budget.

And at this point I think we def. need to add a forward to the top 6. Not worry about the budget.

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
Shouldnt this be what we have to play with?

attachment.php

Im also being kinda cheap on Järnkroks raise I think..So yeah, if we want to improve our top 6 this year we need to get rid of either Ribs or Nystrom.

Last edited:

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
According to NHL Numbers, they have $16 mil in space with really only having to sign Forsberg and Hook. I really don't understand where the budget concerns come from.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/NAS?year=2017

because we have not ever been, as you point out aren't close to being, and won't in the near future be a cap team. There is an internal budget, and it wouldn't surprise me if we were close to it, given Poile doing zip at the trade deadline - all the blather about Vesey aside. We still ride the profit-sharing train, and we don't have the revenue to afford to give that up.

Next year is the year to watch, I think, not this one. We only lose Goose now - that money is going to Flip. Following year, though - Nystrom, Fisher, Ribs, and probably some others, but those are the more significant dollars that go. That's what, $9mil? If we don't fill whatever hole we have this year with kids, seems that's when we'll have a little cash to spread around.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
because we have not ever been, as you point out aren't close to being, and won't in the near future be a cap team. There is an internal budget, and it wouldn't surprise me if we were close to it, given Poile doing zip at the trade deadline - all the blather about Vesey aside. We still ride the profit-sharing train, and we don't have the revenue to afford to give that up.

Next year is the year to watch, I think, not this one. We only lose Goose now - that money is going to Flip. Following year, though - Nystrom, Fisher, Ribs, and probably some others, but those are the more significant dollars that go. That's what, $9mil? If we don't fill whatever hole we have this year with kids, seems that's when we'll have a little cash to spread around.

While true, our backs aren't against a wall like many are insinuating. Folks can speculate an internal cap, but we aren't close to the actual one, so options are there.

Personally, I speculate that ownership just saw the team go the furthest its ever been which also translates to $$$. We'll see.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Guys, we're not going to ever spend to the Cap, we have an internal Cap which is the same as the Cap Midpoint which allows us to get those Revenue Sharing checks.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
i think it all changes with the step forward we took this year.

It's pretty simple, we were another scoring forward away from taking another step minus our lapse in defensive play but I don't anticipate Weber/Josi having such a horrendous game ever again really.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

The owners have said and Poile has confirmed he has never spent his budget from the owners, so it's Poile limiting his own budget, not an internal cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad