Post-Series Talk: The Florida Panthers (A1) defeat the Tampa Bay Lightning (WC1) 4 games to 1

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
1 down...

1714443542264.png

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I wouldn't call them unbeatable, just really really good and its hard not to like the pieces they added. Time will tell, but I wouldn't bet against them.
Yeah, agree on betting odds. Just being hopeful that any of the field can beat them in a best of 7.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
AV? I have had it since it happened. Nice try to burn me but it was an ice cold landing. I have been a lightning fan since they were invented and I go to meet the 2004 Stanley Cup team with because my hockey team won states.

Not salty, the deeper team won. We still are a better franchise. Good luck signing all your players in the offseason.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
The better team won. Florida's commitment was really impressive. Never strayed from the gameplan from minute 1 to minute 60.

My #1 star of the series was Forsling but Bob, Tkachuk and Verhaeghe were beasts too.
Yeah, people who claim Tampa's stars were off don't realize what guys who shut down lanes without smashing people can do in today's game.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Passing of the torch moment. Tampa is done as a contender. Phenomenal run. 2 Cups, 4 East titles, 6 East Finals appearances.
Yep, that 8 yr run of 6 ECF's, 4 SCF's, 2 "Cups", and 3-peat attempt at the end of 8yr playoff run. Was more than any NHL fan could ask for, unbelievable memories!!! Nothing great last forever, and time to pass torch for now and see what Lightning do now.

Truly amazing Lightning stayed this competitive: after such cap-scraps to keep that success together. Cap ony goign uo like 2 million over 3-4 yr while Lightning were attemtping 3-peat was terrible cap timing. It happens, one takes some -vs- losing some.... Still was worse cap growth any multiple winning "Cup" winning teams dealt with by a long-shot. GM made some great cost -vs- value moves that keep Lightning compeditive last 2-3 years, but missed the mark on some that have stung team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad