The English Lower League thread (Part 2)

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
Still 35 games to go but Sunderland is three points clear at the top, will they find success this year and make their return to the PL? I've watched and enjoyed the show on Netflix but I don't really follow them, what's been the key to their success so far?
We spent most of last season drifting after firing our manager, completely failing when hiring his replacement and then spending a good chunk of the season just drifting with a caretaker in place. In terms of points we're not actually that much better off after 10 games compared to last season, it's just that around this time last season the wheels fell off.

Other factors are our new head coach has a system that suits our players very well. Last season we had 3 goals scored by strikers, we've already got double that this season. Our three strikers this season are miles ahead of last year's crop. And we're a young team, players have developed. Especially Rigg & Bellingham. Finally we signed a couple of experienced player. In particular Chris Mepham has solidified our defence with a calm experience that balances the back line pretty much perfectly.

We've been lucky too of course but I don't think outrageously so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad