The English Lower League thread (Part 2)

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
They had the 2nd fewest points in the last 15 matches last year, was just following that form.

I dislike Newcastle, actually. Their ownership, not the club in general.

Think their end of season form was down to having an interim coach. If they keep Clarke and get a goalscoring CF they could challenge for the playoffs.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Lots of goals,crossbars, posts and a goalazzo

What a return to the Championship for my Pompey.

The effort was immense, even though the gulf in talent was clear. Leeds are really good.

I wasn't expecting anything out of this game and even less with our top 2 strikers both out. And despite that, we could've won it (and easily lost it...).

A point is a spectacular result in probably the toughest game all year.

Flying over to see Pompey/Luton next week!

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Have you been before?
Saturday will be my 10th match! (It helps to work for an airline.) But as you can see... It's been a looooong road back to the 2nd tier.

Screenshot_20240810-140848.png

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Promoted

West Brom, Sheffield United

Playoffs

Burnley, Leeds, Luton, Middlesbrough

Relegated

QPR, Derby, Cardiff

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Plymouth start the season with a 4-0 win away at Wednesday. Relegated on opening day? Who knows.

Win? I didn't have them in my relegation teams because they kept hold of Whittaker, if they sell him they'll go down. Scoring goals is what keeps teams up and he's one of the best in that league, not sure he can do it alone but he gives them a chance.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Win? I didn't have them in my relegation teams because they kept hold of Whittaker, if they sell him they'll go down. Scoring goals is what keeps teams up and he's one of the best in that league, not sure he can do it alone but he gives them a chance.
LOL an extremely silly typo on my part. Loss. they got f***ing thrashed.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wrexham 3-0 win vs Reading, up to 4th.

A giant middlefinger to possession = equals domination people. 32% possession, 7 shots on target, Reading only one shot.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wrexham 3-0 win vs Reading, up to 4th.

A giant middlefinger to possession = equals domination people. 32% possession, 7 shots on target, Reading only one shot.
Two wins and unbeaten in their first three without Mullin, well he did come on as a sub late today after the game was pretty much decided. Can't really ask for much more than that though Peterborough and Birmingham City away in two of the next three league games will be tricky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad