The ending Matt Duchene thread (Duchene traded to Ottawa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Dubois to the wing tonight . Question to ponder , do the jackets want to see if he can replace Anderson , big winger , (maybe Anderson is packaged in a Duchene Deal )

Did they not like what they saw from him at center in game 1 ?

Or, is it simply preseason , don’t read too much into it ?

The last one.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Colorado director of reserve list scouting Brad Smith has a reserved seat in the #CBJ pressbox tonight. FYI.

Must be for the penguins because there's not a single CBJ player that interest avs fans in the lineup tonight. Outside of the obvious "no way in hell" ones that CBJ won't trade.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Must be for the penguins because there's not a single CBJ player that interest avs fans in the lineup tonight. Outside of the obvious "no way in hell" ones that CBJ won't trade.

Milano is in lineup , PLD, Abramov . Hard to say is part of the trade talks .

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Come on, anybody is available for the right price

The only safe player on the ice is Bobrovsky.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Sakic either needs to take the best offer for his team and make a trade..

or announce he is no longer shopping him

GM's are not going to want to deal with him in the future if he is going to conduct business this way

He has totally screwed this ordeal up IMO

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The way Milano is playing I no longer see him as a piece. Imo I've had him as mid 6 NHL ready for 2 years but just like now just no spots but with 2 RW a LW and a C spot I want Milano at the LW spot he is as ready as he ever will be and I want his play making ability I'm our team. If PLD is on the wing and Dubi up the middle or even Jenner that could be one hell of a line for a 3rd...

Right now Murray and Anderson for Duchene and a pick is what I'm thinking is my best offer.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The way Milano is playing I no longer see him as a piece. Imo I've had him as mid 6 NHL ready for 2 years but just like now just no spots but with 2 RW a LW and a C spot I want Milano at the LW spot he is as ready as he ever will be and I want his play making ability I'm our team. If PLD is on the wing and Dubi up the middle or even Jenner that could be one hell of a line for a 3rd...

Right now Murray and Anderson for Duchene and a pick is what I'm thinking is my best offer.

The Jackets aren't moving Anderson, and would move Milano, even with his impressive camp, in a heartbeat for Duchene.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I was only continuing a conversation, I really didn't have any issue(s) with anything you posted.

My assumption is that only 1 or Murray/Carlsson would no longer a Jacket as it relates to the Duchene discussion. Torts seems to have put Murray in one of his dog house's and Torts can be a royal ass about it. I'm not nearly as down on Murray has what most around here or Torts, for that matter.

I think that Murray has better tools available to him. Carlsson might turn out to be a very solid defensive defensemen.

I was only trying to extrapolate past the Duchene conversation as it relates to D depth. Acquiring Duchene using Carlsson may price Murray out of a next contract, if the team wants to give him one at all. Which means you're out both Carlsson and Murray after this season.

Again, maybe this isn't a problem, I was just wondering if it's a good idea.

Whereas is you acquire Duchene using Murray, you've still got Carlsson on an ELC.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I was only trying to extrapolate past the Duchene conversation as it relates to D depth. Acquiring Duchene using Carlsson may price Murray out of a next contract, if the team wants to give him one at all. Which means you're out both Carlsson and Murray after this season.

Whereas is you acquire Duchene using Murray, you've still got Carlsson on an ELC.

I think you have to keep Carlsson otherwise DSL is right, you create cap issues for the Jackets. Keep in mind JJ needs a new deal and if Murray isn't traded and has a good year I see him as the priority over JJ. If you trade Carlsson you either lose one of JJ or Murray for potentially nothing or you screw up the cap for the following year when lots of big guns are do new deals.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think you have to keep Carlsson otherwise DSL is right, you create cap issues for the Jackets. Keep in mind JJ needs a new deal and if Murray isn't traded and has a good year I see him as the priority over JJ. If you trade Carlsson you either lose one of JJ or Murray for potentially nothing or you screw up the cap for the following year when lots of big guns are do new deals.

There are guys that have to be resigned all over the lineup. So I agree with you, but a simpler way to put it is that it makes a big difference that our #4D is on an ELC. That's the outcome we should be seeking.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

That's gonna depend on Nuttivaara and whether or not we have any more depth on the LHD behind Nuttivaara and Werenski in the next two seasons.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Before Panarin, I'd say Duchene should've been a target. With Panarin in Columbus I think there's very little need for Duchene. They are very different players and play very different games, but having Dubi and Wennberg as our top 2 centers is not an issue with the quality and depth that's on the wings and on D. 1 is very good (1st line?) defensively and adequate (2nd line?) offensively, while the other is very good (1st line?) offensively and adequate (2nd line?) defensively. The idea that we need Dubi to be bumped down to "3C" to be a "contender" IMO is completely wrong. Maybe in 3 yrs, sure. I think Dubois (no not Stenlund) will have made the full transition or matured enough to handle "2C" type minutes by the time Dubi regresses enough to be removed from his current deployment. The offense has been more than fine the last couple years without much "top end" talent.

IF we were to still attempt to acquire Duchene I think it should be a forward heavy package. I know COL want/need D, but assets are assets. I can see or would be "ok" with an "extra strong" offensive heavy package for Duchene. But with how CBJ are structured, both cap-wise and roster-wise, there's not too many different options that would work for both teams. Think Jenner+Bjork/Anderson+Milano/Abramov. Its hard to say what I'd really be "ok" with as we don't know what we would get with Duchene, not so much with on ice performance, but in actual years. Other things that would make sense for COL that I would be opposed to, would be something centered around Wennberg or Atkinson.

They are young and have potential but from what we have now in Carlsson and Nutivaara, IMO we DO NOT have the D depth to move Murray, or either of the Euros. I think everybody is slotted pretty well where they should be, but Murray has demonstrated between multiple seasons that he can already handle #2/3 D man minutes perfectly fine. He is also still very young, for NHL players in general and especially for D men. He's not getting worse. The other thing that gets brought up sometimes but downplayed a bit is injuries. They are going to happen. Think about when/if a "top-4" guy goes down for an extended period. God forbid Jones. Last year's success had a lot to do with ALL the top-6's play AND health. We should harness the strength of the D not deal because of it.

Sorry, been a while..

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Before Panarin, I'd say Duchene should've been a target. With Panarin in Columbus I think there's very little need for Duchene. They are very different players and play very different games, but having Dubi and Wennberg as our top 2 centers is not an issue with the quality and depth that's on the wings and on D. 1 is very good (1st line?) defensively and adequate (2nd line?) offensively, while the other is very good (1st line?) offensively and adequate (2nd line?) defensively. The idea that we need Dubi to be bumped down to "3C" to be a "contender" IMO is completely wrong. Maybe in 3 yrs, sure. I think Dubois (no not Stenlund) will have made the full transition or matured enough to handle "2C" type minutes by the time Dubi regresses enough to be removed from his current deployment. The offense has been more than fine the last couple years without much "top end" talent.

IF we were to still attempt to acquire Duchene I think it should be a forward heavy package. I know COL want/need D, but assets are assets. I can see or would be "ok" with an "extra strong" offensive heavy package for Duchene. But with how CBJ are structured, both cap-wise and roster-wise, there's not too many different options that would work for both teams. Think Jenner+Bjork/Anderson+Milano/Abramov. Its hard to say what I'd really be "ok" with as we don't know what we would get with Duchene, not so much with on ice performance, but in actual years. Other things that would make sense for COL that I would be opposed to, would be something centered around Wennberg or Atkinson.

They are young and have potential but from what we have now in Carlsson and Nutivaara, IMO we DO NOT have the D depth to move Murray, or either of the Euros. I think everybody is slotted pretty well where they should be, but Murray has demonstrated between multiple seasons that he can already handle #2/3 D man minutes perfectly fine. He is also still very young, for NHL players in general and especially for D men. He's not getting worse. The other thing that gets brought up sometimes but downplayed a bit is injuries. They are going to happen. Think about when/if a "top-4" guy goes down for an extended period. God forbid Jones. Last year's success had a lot to do with ALL the top-6's play AND health. We should harness the strength of the D not deal because of it.

Sorry, been a while..
What are you sorry about?
Welcome back.
And your post is still shorter than most of my tomes.
Plus I agree with your take (not that that has ANYTHING to do with my reply! :sarcasm:)

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Duchene is showing Jeff Carter effort for last 2 Avs games.

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
If Jarmo could acquire Duchene and re-sign Anderson this weekend, the top 9 becomes Cup contender level. Maybe a bit of good fortune for the organization?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If Jarmo could acquire Duchene and re-sign Anderson this weekend, the top 9 becomes Cup contender level. Maybe a bit of good fortune for the organization?

Depends what we give up. I'm not sure how much it helps if Dubois, Anderson, or Bjorkstrand are included in a deal with Murray or Carlsson. I mean, it helps, but our forwards don't look so hot right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad