The ending Matt Duchene thread (Duchene traded to Ottawa)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
From Elliott Friedman:

4. I’m a big believer in the Lou Lamoriello, “If you have time, use it,†philosophy, so, when it comes to unsigned players, the next pressure point is the start of the season. That said, I’m surprised that Josh Anderson remains without a deal. Columbus went the extra mile to keep the edgy, rapidly improving forward from Vegas, and others.

It is believed, for example, that Colorado asked for him in Matt Duchene talks, only to be rejected. Word is the Jackets want a three-year term to protect against Anderson’s upcoming salary arbitration eligibility, but the two sides are nowhere close on value. Another source indicated Anderson used Tom Wilson as a comparable. The Washington forward signed for two years and $4 million, but that did not bridge the gap, either. Anderson’s agent, Darren Ferris, declined comment. This is a huge year for the Blue Jackets, too.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jason-blake-knows-well-whats-ahead-brian-boyle/

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Any sources?

On the cbj Reddit pages . Like I said a rumor , but here is link

Wow...how has the team "Embarrassed" Josh? Other than putting out the offers he's received I can't think of anything. Those offers also seemed to be pretty fair IMO. I would love to have him but Jarmo is keeping cool and making the right decision to manage cap well. It is what it is at this point.

In other news one of my buddies in Cbus has a contact that knows some folks in the front office and he told him today that a deal for Duchene is "very likely".

As with all other speculation, you have take that with a grain of salt but you have to wonder how Anderson plays into the mix. Could be this guy is talking out of his ass too, but I'm hoping we can swing a Duchene deal that helps both clubs. https://www.reddit.com/r/BlueJackets/comments/71jm49/comment/dnb6swy?st=J7UXZHKQ&sh=dde181c1

Yeah just passing on some rumblings that COULD have come from the front office. Like I said have no concrete knowledge to say if they are substantiated or not or what "very likely" means. Im just passing on info from one of my best friends who has connects to cbj FO.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
On the cbj Reddit pages . Like I said a rumor , but here is link

Wow...how has the team "Embarrassed" Josh? Other than putting out the offers he's received I can't think of anything. Those offers also seemed to be pretty fair IMO. I would love to have him but Jarmo is keeping cool and making the right decision to manage cap well. It is what it is at this point.

In other news one of my buddies in Cbus has a contact that knows some folks in the front office and he told him today that a deal for Duchene is "very likely".

As with all other speculation, you have take that with a grain of salt but you have to wonder how Anderson plays into the mix. Could be this guy is talking out of his ass too, but I'm hoping we can swing a Duchene deal that helps both clubs. https://www.reddit.com/r/BlueJackets/comments/71jm49/comment/dnb6swy?st=J7UXZHKQ&sh=dde181c1

Yeah just passing on some rumblings that COULD have come from the front office. Like I said have no concrete knowledge to say if they are substantiated or not or what "very likely" means. Im just passing on info from one of my best friends who has connects to cbj FO.

6 hours ago, Duchene in the lineup tonight for Colorado's preseason game. I'll go along with my day.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Apparently Sakic has lowered his asking price to a player + prospect + pick. I'd share a link, but I'm on my phone. See Chris Nichols' timeline, I believe the quote was from Dreger.

If Dreger is correct, I would have to think this will all come to an end pretty soon

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Apparently Sakic has lowered his asking price to a player + prospect + pick. I'd share a link, but I'm on my phone. See Chris Nichols' timeline, I believe the quote was from Dreger.

If Dreger is correct, I would have to think this will all come to an end pretty soon

Not sure that's a change to his ask. As I recall the presumed ask was an established young NHL player with upside, a high prospect and a 1st. I think Dreger has become a click bait monger and don't see a lot of value in his inside info personally.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Not sure that's a change to his ask. As I recall the presumed ask was an established young NHL player with upside, a high prospect and a 1st. I think Dreger has become a click bait monger and don't see a lot of value in his inside info personally.

The previously reported asking price was a left handed defenseman + established roster forward + high end prospect + pick. So his ask has definitely come down a bit

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Murray/Carlsson, Abramov/Milano, and conditional 2019 pick. Condition is if he re-signs its a first. If he doesn't its a 2nd.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Carlsson, Anderson , and a second :popcorn:

Murray/Carlsson, Abramov/Milano, and conditional 2019 pick. Condition is if he re-signs its a first. If he doesn't its a 2nd.

If you're gonna do this, and I'm not convinced Jarmo should, the defenseman almost HAS to be Murray. Not only would he be the only money you're sending away now, if Carlsson goes you're pretty much faced with losing him after this year when he wants a raise (presumably, even if he remains leveled off) and the team also has to make a decision on Boone, Cam, Matty and JJ. Unless you're just automatically going to give him Jack's old money, which I'm not convinced is the way to go.

So if you trade Carlsson, you're looking at a high likelihood of losing both Carlsson and Murray. Now, maybe you were considering that Murray's gone anyway - it just doesn't seem like a good idea to be losing so much NHL caliber talent on the blueline in short order.

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
Haha, I saw Colorado's preseason game a couple nights ago vs. VGK.

Sakic being nuts and expecting the world for Duchene is the reason why the Avs will still be in the mile high basement this season.

48 points and -112 differential and the dude expects another NHL team to break themselves trying to help Sakic get out of a mess he created.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Haha, I saw Colorado's preseason game a couple nights ago vs. VGK.

Sakic being nuts and expecting the world for Duchene is the reason why the Avs will still be in the mile high basement this season.

48 points and -112 differential and the dude expects another NHL team to break themselves trying to help Sakic get out of a mess he created.

None of those stats mean anything in Duchene's evaluation though. He's still a good player, he's a #2C on most teams in the NHL, and good luck finding a centre with 60 pt talent and decent defensive skills being available most years.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
So if you trade Carlsson, you're looking at a high likelihood of losing both Carlsson and Murray. Now, maybe you were considering that Murray's gone anyway - it just doesn't seem like a good idea to be losing so much NHL caliber talent on the blueline in short order.

If we look at Carlsson objectively, he is very limited offensively. Our top pairing is set for a while to come. He can move the puck a bit and he seems to be able to skate. He also looked like a moron in the playoffs (small sample size and unfair to be sure).

What does this look like going forward? Not sure. However, he's unproven with limited offensive upside. He's also a LD. He as a late 1st rounder. Seems to me he can be replaced and he seems to have been placed on pedestal that it seems unlikely he can live up to.

The desire for Carlsson seems to be just as much related to a disenchantment with Murray than anything that Carlsson has really done or show to this point. If he can net Duchene, I'm not really thinking all that long or had about it and I'm not really all that sold on Duchene.

As far as JJ, depending on what he looks like this season I'd be ok with a 3 year extension. He's really not going to break the bank and he's pretty consistent, flaws and all. You know what you get and he seems like he can keep going for a while.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If we look at Carlsson objectively, he is very limited offensively. Our top pairing is set for a while to come. He can move the puck a bit and he seems to be able to skate. He also looked like a moron in the playoffs (small sample size and unfair to be sure).

What does this look like going forward? Not sure. However, he's unproven with limited offensive upside. He's also a LD. He as a late 1st rounder. Seems to me he can be replaced and he seems to have been placed on pedestal that it seems unlikely he can live up to.

The desire for Carlsson seems to be just as much related to a disenchantment with Murray than anything that Carlsson has really done or show to this point. If he can net Duchene, I'm not really thinking all that long or had about it and I'm not really all that sold on Duchene.

As far as JJ, depending on what he looks like this season I'd be ok with a 3 year extension. He's really not going to break the bank and he's pretty consistent, flaws and all. You know what you get and he seems like he can keep going for a while.

No Carlsson didn't look like a moron. He looked great and was statistically one of the best defenders. They scored on a 2v1 with a one timer just inside the blue line, defensemen aren't supposed to stop that.

Carlsson has an amazing combination of mobility and reach, and very good defensive smarts for a young D. Decent puck moving too, he's an ideal #4D, which is exactly what we need.

JJ has to go or Atkinson is gone. Or you keep both and Jenner etc... are gone. It's really important that we have ELC players in those positions. Savard carried JJ, I really think Carlsson might be the better player right away.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

If you think what I posted is an issue this is a potential solution for sure. But are you re-signing Murray in this scenario?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Dubois to the wing tonight . Question to ponder , do the jackets want to see if he can replace Anderson , big winger , (maybe Anderson is packaged in a Duchene Deal )

Did they not like what they saw from him at center in game 1 ?

Or, is it simply preseason , don’t read too much into it ?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If you think what I posted is an issue this is a potential solution for sure. But are you re-signing Murray in this scenario?

I was only continuing a conversation, I really didn't have any issue(s) with anything you posted.

My assumption is that only 1 or Murray/Carlsson would no longer a Jacket as it relates to the Duchene discussion. Torts seems to have put Murray in one of his dog house's and Torts can be a royal ass about it. I'm not nearly as down on Murray has what most around here or Torts, for that matter.

I think that Murray has better tools available to him. Carlsson might turn out to be a very solid defensive defensemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad