Post-Game Talk (GBU): The End Boards End It

Pads of Irbe

Nov 26, 2014
G: "Gussy's" english. I saw Zemgus get interviewed in the first intermission and you just couldn't hear he's Latvian. His american accent is really good. I couldn't place it to a specific region, but it sounded very american to me.

No wonder, he's been living in USA for at least 5 years.

Thing is, now he's speaking latvian with american accent :D

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo

I don't think he speaks Latvian with an American accent at all.

He just can't roll his r's in Latvian, so he for some reason (might be subconscious or whatever) switches that sound with the flat 'r' of American English.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje

I still don't think most people are that fluent in five years. I've worked with people who's families have lived here for three generations and they don't speak that good Swedish! ;)

But English is probably easier to become fluent in since most people learn the basics in school and hear the language in music and movies.

And since we're already off topic: I've got to learn some Latvian. Linguistics is cool.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
You can take the boy out of canada, but you can't take canada out of the boy.

Any chance Ennis commented on that dump in? The way he dumped it and the way Moulson was in perfect position, makes me wonder if it was a low-probability dump in that Ennis knew occasionally pops out to the slot.

He mentioned that he wanted to dump it in high so that Price couldn't play it or something along those lines, but he didn't specifically mention the stanchion possibility IIRC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad