Post-Game Talk (GBU): The End Boards End It

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Good
Ennis with the beauty goal. Every part of that sequence was absolute filth.
Enroth except for losing the puck.
Moulson gets the lucky bounce as a reward for his chances.
Foligno looked effectively engaged.

Bad
Hodgson, generally.
The powerplay.

Ugly
Hit on Gionta.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Myers with 27:28 of ice time. Risto and Zads below 20 mins, Strachan only other one above 20 (likely because he was partnered with Myers).

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Joe Yerdon @JoeYerdon
Therrien on Emelin hit: It's a big on a little guy. He wasn't trying to hurt him.

Not an excuse.....can't make those hits no matter what

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m1 minute ago
Enroth's .936 even-strength save % ranks 7th in the league among goaltenders with at least 10 games played.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
G:
-MGE Line
-Ennis clowning Emelin and Price. GOTY. What a B-E-A-U-T.
-End boards. That stanchion (sp?)
-Enroth
-Myers was solid
-Mitchell
-Zadorov: The hit on Galchenyuk. :nod: :) He's starting to assert himself more. They mentioned how he doesn't look for the hits, he lets them come to him (something I specifically remember them saying about him his Draft year).
-Risto <3333
-Foligno
-Related to Foligno: The response to the hit on Gionta. I was halfway expecting him to ragdoll the refs aside and unleash the hornet's nest.
-Isles lost!
-RJ
-Coming home to catch the third period of a win after 12 hours of working Black Friday.
-The Thanksgiving leftover care package my mommy sent me home w/ from last night! :)
-Hanifin? Barzal? Strome? Konecny? Marner?

B:
-Carey Price
-Columbus lost
-PP

U:
-The hit on Gionta
-Refs swallowing the whistle on the Hab goal
-Leino
-Black Friday shopping

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 4m4 minutes ago
Sabres' line of Matt Moulson-Zemgus Girgensons-Tyler Ennis has combined for nine goals and 22 points during their seven games together.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Sabres' line of Matt Moulson-Zemgus Girgensons-Tyler Ennis has combined for nine goals and 22 points during their seven games together.

I remember reading something Nolan said about them...the quote was akin to, "We found out we have a top line. We've got that kinda down now. And we have three other lines." Accurate :laugh:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

That is actually awesome. Matty is here for 5 years, Ennis is here for awhile and Girgs is our stud. These guys clicking is huge.

Bps21*

Remember that poster who used every single post to say moulson sucks and hodgson is better than ennis but people have it out for him?

He's been awful quiet that whole stretch.

Bet we see him in a dry spell though.

ZeroPT*

Foligno has been real solid since his return from injury. Hodgson is starting to frustrate me and I have alot of patience with him. I really think Murray will dangle him and another piece or two to get a good young top 4 LHD like Cornel+Hodgson+NYI 2nd for 3rd+Gardiner or something.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Hodgson wasn't that bad. At least he was engaged. Back checking and finishing his hits on the forecheck.

Something subtle, yes, but can Gionta please activate his stick when pressuring opposing dmen in the neutral zone? You're not 6'4, man, you can't snap a stick out like a lizard tongue and fill a lane. It needs to be out to begin with and it needs to be active. If not, it's basically wasted energy on his part

Little things.

Good solid game to watch. Not our prettiest, but I like the concept of learning how to win and close a game out regardless of whether the road to the win was picturesque or not.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- a win against top team in the east
- Ennis highlight goal
- Moulson capitalizing on a fluke bounce
- The D with Myers back
- Enroth again
- the team acting like a team, standing up for each other
- watching the game with 3 Habs fans and chirping them :D

B- CoHo is not shooting enough, but I do appreciate he is working harder in his own end and along the boards.

U- Mez getting paid so much to do so little

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Girgensons' stat line from the game last night.

A: 1
+/-: 1
Hits: 3
BS: 4
Giveaways: 0
Takeaways: 1

I usually get blank jerseys because I am not attached to any one player, but I think I am going to have to get a Girgensons one.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
The I don't know what

Moulson referring to Zemgus as Gussy :laugh:

You can take the boy out of canada, but you can't take canada out of the boy.

Any chance Ennis commented on that dump in? The way he dumped it and the way Moulson was in perfect position, makes me wonder if it was a low-probability dump in that Ennis knew occasionally pops out to the slot.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
G: "Gussy's" english. I saw Zemgus get interviewed in the first intermission and you just couldn't hear he's Latvian. His american accent is really good. I couldn't place it to a specific region, but it sounded very american to me. With that stache he could just as well be a stereotypical L.A cop in a Hollywood production about things that blow up for no particular reason.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
G
Enroth
5x5 play
The team believes

B
that bounce which allowed us to win

U
Edmonton blows a lead
Columbus just sucks

This may be the only time I really want my team to suck for an entire season, and hell they don't win when I want them to, why would they lose?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Just watched the game... Holy **** that Ennis goal was awesome

Loved Stewart dropping off the next faceoff
Enroth deserved the shutout, that goal was BS

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Ennis' goal was unbelievable. It was the first time I actually jumped out of my living room chair watching the Sabres in a looooong time!

Jame is right - that MTL goal was bogus.

The passing last night was excellent. They were able to tic-tac-toe their way up the ice a bunch of times. When their passing is good, they can actually gain the zone and keep possession (and limit the opponent's possession). It makes such a huge difference. I'm not sure why they can do it some nights but not others. Maybe MTL was just giving them too much room?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00