HF Habs: The Development Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Trade D prospects for forwards.
1688410145753.png

All in good time.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Since I have consistently complained about them rushing prospects to the NHL, I love seeing Ramage say that we need to slow cook some of these kids now. Finally people working for the Habs that understand development.
He mentioned they brought 3 rookies in and they accepted that as the Habs weren't projected to be very good, even by his own admission and likely what the rest of the management group felt with that team.

I'm thinking it's quite possible that none of the young d start with the team. By that I just mean Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He mentioned they brought 3 rookies in and they accepted that as the Habs weren't projected to be very good, even by his own admission and likely what the rest of the management group felt with that team.

I'm thinking it's quite possible that none of the young d start with the team. By that I just mean Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher

I think Hutson would need to struggle, I think he's easily on the team unless things go badly.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hard to make playoffs with three rookies on Blueline yup. Hutson looks like lock to make Habs to me though. Better NHL player than AHL to me. By seasons end he quarterbacks #1 pp. My prediction.

Other two make it sometime this season. According to how things go. Injuries usually play a role. How Barron plays also.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005
Since I have consistently complained about them rushing prospects to the NHL, I love seeing Ramage say that we need to slow cook some of these kids now. Finally people working for the Habs that understand development.
Who was rushed and didn't work out?
Suzuki 0 AHL games is now our captain
Caufield 8 AHL games is now 1st liner
Guhle 3 AHL games top 4 D, just signed long term
Slaf 0 AHL games, franchise cornerstone, long term contract
Sergachev never played in the AHL and immediately became a stud for Tampa.

Right now Reinbacher spent another season overseas, Demidov spending another season overseas, Mailloux full season in the AHL, Hutson 2 seasons in college.

Kotkaniemi maybe was rushed, but maybe he's just not that good as we see in Carolina.
Poehling spent alot of time in the AHL and he was a bust and still is a bust.

Newhook had 10 AHL games on a much better Colorado team. Dach had 3 AHL games with Chicago. Those guys were rushed alot more than our players.

Where is all this prospect rushing that the Habs are doing that fundamentally broke players?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

Right now Reinbacher spent another season overseas, Demidov spending another season overseas, Mailloux full season in the AHL, Hutson 2 seasons in college.

Kotkaniemi maybe was rushed, but maybe he's just not that good as we see in Carolina.

Newhook had 10 AHL games on a much better Colorado team. Dach had 3 AHL games with Chicago. Those guys were rushed alot more than our players.

Where is all this prospect rushing that the Habs are doing that fundamentally broke players?
I bet You could add hutson with zero game in the AHL. This guy is already nhl ready

Then Mailloux played one year in the AHL, because he didnt play a lot last few years (injury). But pretty sure he is going to play in the NHL this year too and not looking back

Reinbacher could statt in the AHL. I mean, he is 19 years old. Our d corps will be a log jam. Hugues need to make a clean up someday

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

I guess you could add Galchenyuk to Kk, but it is very possible that he too was not just good enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad