The defense is 1 piece away from being set.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Me thinks this is the D to start:
Reilly McCabe
OEL Tanev
Benoit Myers/Liligren

Myers / Lilligren as 7.

Timmins traded, Lilly traded at deadline when Haakanpa is ready

I think Berube is gonna ride the big bodies

It's Rielly Tanev no question about it. So long as both are healthy It's Rielly Tanev

Reactions: rumman

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
So because he failed in a tough role we should pretend he succeeded?

19% of his starts were in the defensive zone, so every 5th shift he started in the defensive zone, no clue where you are pulling the 80% from.

He did not help out PK.

I've said multiple times I like him, I think he is good in a bottom pairing position and he was good in the regular season.

Maybe he was set up to fail, but he failed in the playoffs.
On hockey reference it says his dZS% this playoffs was 79.7% so I’m guessing that’s where it came from.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
On hockey reference it says his dZS% this playoffs was 79.7% so I’m guessing that’s where it came from.

Not sure how it is possible (unless it is all situations and excludes the times he starts on the fly).

His breakdown was around 5% offensive, 10% neutral, 20% defensive, and 65% on the fly at 5v5.

80% of the time he is not starting in the defensive zone.

1/20 offensive start
2/20 neutral start
4/20 defensive start
13/20 on the fly

16/20 starts not in the defensive zone.

Doesn't seem like a big deal honestly.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
a package that sends Lilly plus the other way..........
I think Leafs are going to be stuck with him unless they throw in another player(s) or prospect(s) and or even combination with picks as well. The question then becomes who would they want to replace him with that would fit salary they could afford. Let say Fowler is available maybe could get Ducks to retain 1.5-2 million off 6.5 contract. That's 4.5 or 5 and Liljegren is at 3. Would have to trade close to the 1.5- 2 million or more back to manage under salary cap. Let's say it's Kampf(2.4) or Jarnkrok(2.1) that would work but Ducks probably would want picks also. Wonder if 2-2nd picks added would be good enough.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad