The Dallas Stars look really bad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Looking much better as of late, and they're even (currently) top-10 in fewest goals against per game......not a bad use of those extra games they've played early on, hopefully an indicator of future defensive success same as last season.

Still need more from their offense though, dead last in the league. Special teams still struggling as well.

On the right track at least.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The play of Klingberg , Seguin , Radulov and Pavelski has been a problem ( Benn has been ok since he's been put with Hintz and Perry ). The question before the season was is the depth scoring good enough ? Well so far it has been but the primary scoring sucked.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The play of Klingberg , Seguin , Radulov and Pavelski has been a problem ( Benn has been ok since he's been put with Hintz and Perry ). The question before the season was is the depth scoring good enough ? Well so far it has been but the primary scoring sucked.

And things look like they could be headed in the right direction with Klingberg and Pavelski. Seguin and Radulov hopefully can get each other going here pretty soon like they did against Washington

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Still a team that lacks offensive chemistry but i think that will be stronger in the 2nd half.

Importantly they have found their defensive structure again with good goal tending only giving up 1 goal in each of last 3 is a good trend. Get a good test with their next two games with pittsburgh and the avs but defense / goal tending is what made them great last year in the playoffs.

If the stars can be a wild card position team by xmas they will be strong in the 2nd half...just don't want to be chasing from too far.

If gurianov can turn yesterdays great game into some freedom and confidence to click with his amazing speed, he could really be an asset. Just needs to click over to be a 15 goal scorer...really hope we see more from him now.

Gurianov-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Hintz-Perry
Dickinson-Pavelski-Janmark
Cogliano- Faksa- Comeau

That is a strong fwd core. To compliment the resurgent defense and goal tending.

Reactions: The Pale King

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
just think if you had zuccarello back , make the call Guerin will answer.

We have Radulov, Pavelski, Perry, Gurianov, and Comeau as right wingers not really a huge need for us right now. Plus we’ve already got lots of older players on multi year deals.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
just think if you had zuccarello back , make the call Guerin will answer.

5 years is too long and the NMC in the expansion draft year is a horrible idea. Thatswhy he was not re-signed and thatswhy he won't be traded back to the Stars . I have no idea what the hell we'd even trade for Zucc so it would any sense.

Zucc chose the longest and biggest deal with most control. I don't blame him for it but he also has to live with the bad of that decision now.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Seguin is in his prime of his career, time to earn that contract and lead the team. I expected more from them, they did challenge the Blues last year and were unlucky.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Got shutout tonight and are now 4-8-1 on the season. Lowest scoring team in the league and the PP is at 8.3%, which is obviously a big reason for our scoring issues and top players point totals considering the guys listed below make up our #1 unit.

25 goals in 13 games. 1.92 Goals per game. 6 of those are from Roope Hintz. Miro Heiskanen is 2nd on the team with 3 goals...Hintz leads the team with 7 points.

6 points in 13 games for Seguin
5 in 13 for Benn
4 in 13 for Radulov
3 in 13 for Pavelski
3 in 13 for Klingberg

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Additionally, they also suffer the Curse of the Lousy Uniform. They'll never win anything in that.

Logo is bottom tier but the uniform is great. Their main curse is the low camera angle curse which guarantees I’ll never watch their home games.

Pucker Factor 10

Serious guy who doesn't take things too seriously
Oct 26, 2019
The Frozen Tundra of Nanook
Logo is bottom tier but the uniform is great. Their main curse is the low camera angle curse which guarantees I’ll never watch their home games.

That logo is so incredibly bush league. That green is pretty good, but it clashes with the black pants. Not a good combination at all. I sure liked their unis in the late '90s/early '00s when they went to 2 consecutive SC Finals, the white jerseys in particular looked sharp. I'd like to see them integrate a little gold in with the green and eliminate the black altogether, but I guess they're dead set on not paying any homage to their roots from Minnesota.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Down 3-0 late until late in the 2nd tonight and then scored 6 straight goals to win 6-3.

Radulov with a hat trick + an assist
Pavelski with 1 goal, 2 assists
Seguin with 1 goal, 2 assists
Benn with an assist

Big boys woke up for a period

I'm somewhat shaken and stirred by the last 25 mins of that game. First enjoyable Stars experience this year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The team needs to look at how they approached the game after they went down 0:3 and just play with more offensive spark to start games and keep doing it. The Wild obviously are a bad team but the team just actually tried to play offense for the last 25 ish minutes of the game . Which is something they just have not done for large parts of the 14 games they've played. Its defense first in every situation and when in doubt just dump and chase. That approach will not work. You can't win without taking risks because you're never scoring without any risk.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
That logo is so incredibly bush league. That green is pretty good, but it clashes with the black pants. Not a good combination at all. I sure liked their unis in the late '90s/early '00s when they went to 2 consecutive SC Finals, the white jerseys in particular looked sharp. I'd like to see them integrate a little gold in with the green and eliminate the black altogether, but I guess they're dead set on not paying any homage to their roots from Minnesota.

The late 90s/early 00s jerseys were great. But THAT logo was bush league, not this one. The current logo is just average but there's only so much you can do with a star. The current color scheme and uniforms are fantastic.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
5 years is too long and the NMC in the expansion draft year is a horrible idea. Thatswhy he was not re-signed and thatswhy he won't be traded back to the Stars . I have no idea what the hell we'd even trade for Zucc so it would any sense.

Zucc chose the longest and biggest deal with most control. I don't blame him for it but he also has to live with the bad of that decision now.

But an older Pavelski got nearly similar $$ amount over a shorter term with an NMC, "in the expansion draft year."

If NMC was the deal breaker with Zucc, whom seemed to build great chemistry with Roope, then how does it make sense to give Pavelski one?

It doesn't, because it's Nill.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
But an older Pavelski got nearly similar $$ amount over a shorter term with an NMC, "in the expansion draft year."

If NMC was the deal breaker with Zucc, whom seemed to build great chemistry with Roope, then how does it make sense to give Pavelski one?

It doesn't, because it's Nill.

Pavelski does not have a NMC in his third year. He has limited NTC. Meaning he can and probably will be exposed to the expansion draft.

I would not have given any older UFA signing a NMC in that year. Almost no matter who.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Pavelski does not have a NMC in his third year. He has limited NTC. Meaning he can and probably will be exposed to the expansion draft.

I would not have given any older UFA signing a NMC in that year. Almost no matter who.

I wouldn't give a NMC to anyone besides a franchise type player, like Heiskanen or (someday, hopefully) Hintz....regardless of whether it's a ED year or not.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I wouldn't give a NMC to anyone besides a franchise type player, like Heiskanen or (someday, hopefully) Hintz....regardless of whether it's a ED year or not.

It's mostly a tool to hopefully get players to take less money or convince them to sign at a specific place . Here player X you can have all those trade protections and we get a better caphit / the other team is not willing to do that . At least thats how i see it.

Its a major reason why Zuccarello signed in Minny. The gave him good money and all the trade protection possible. Nobody else was willing to offer that.

Pavelski signed with the Stars because of the third year that probably is a bad idea but at least that year doesn't have a NMC .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The real Dallas Stars have showed up and are now 6-1 in their last 7. No longer looking really bad.

Reactions: 42

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
It's mostly a tool to hopefully get players to take less money or convince them to sign at a specific place . Here player X you can have all those trade protections and we get a better caphit / the other team is not willing to do that . At least thats how i see it.

Its a major reason why Zuccarello signed in Minny. The gave him good money and all the trade protection possible. Nobody else was willing to offer that.

Pavelski signed with the Stars because of the third year that probably is a bad idea but at least that year doesn't have a NMC .

That is the problem. Somehow management is convinced that all those "temporary gaps" will be filled in by the products of their "drafting genius." Even though Roope has all the makings a very cerebral offensive player and Gury may be on his way to proving his naysayers wrong (being very generous with my assessment here), it has come at a very heavy price of inconsistency from season to season.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Seems like it's mostly Radulov, Hintz, Seguin and Heiskanen providing the offence. Benn and Klingberg still missing.

Seguin doesn't look himself lately.....passing up prime scoring chances looking for the pass, and when he does shoot he isn't scoring. You're right he still looks better than Benn/Klingberg but he's still sputtering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad