Speculation: The coaching search continues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Wait, Andlauer bought that (was it $6M?) monstrosity that looks like the headquarters of a fledgling crypto trading firm on the outskirts of Orlando?

That gives me no confidence in his taste.
So we've been told. The same house that's had 3 owners in 6 years.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Completely understandable given the horrid coaching and dumpster-diving this organization has been doing for the last decade. We’re just too used to it to react any differently.
Yeah. We’re looking at recent coaching results of the dude we hired. And saying. This doesn’t look good.

It’s an extreeemnmeeellyy normal reaction of sports fans. Happens often.

In a year if we are brutal there will be some revisionism. Always is.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Completely understandable given the horrid coaching and dumpster-diving this organization has been doing for the last decade. We’re just too used to it to react any differently.
That’s perfectly fine, being disappointed is a perfectly fine reaction to have.

I’m talking about things like nobody wants to work for Staios, nobody wants to work for Andlauer, Andlauer won’t spend money, Andlauer hiring Staios is a huge mistake because nobody wants to work for Staios, nobody wanted to come because Andlauer was making sure he picked the Assistanrs, etc.

That’s just jumping to the worst conclusions possible because a coach you don’t like was hired.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If nobody wants to work for Staios because they don't believe in him, that's a pretty indictment on Andlauer for hiring him as a rookie President of Hockey Ops.
The Ottawa Senators have been a complete joke for about 7 years.

Raging alcoholic kicking the can and yesman getting fired for lying to make a trade happen doesn't change anything. It will take a long time and a lot of work to be a credible franchise once again.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

I’m talking about things like nobody wants to work for Staios, nobody wants to work for Andlauer, Andlauer won’t spend money, Andlauer hiring Staios is a huge mistake because nobody wants to work for Staios, nobody wanted to come because Andlauer was making sure he picked the Assistanrs, etc.
Well if we think the hire sucks then having the opinion that Staios is doing a bad job is a perfectly fine opinion to have. He is the one who hired Green after all.

Reactions: Relapsing

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
So apparently the Devils roster was healthier and goaltending was better towards the end of the Devils season and they still played worse under Green. Real interesting stuff there. Devils and Canucks fans are absolutely torching him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well if we think the hire sucks then having the opinion that Staios is doing a bad job is a perfectly fine opinion to have. He is the one who hired Green after all.
That’s perfectly fine, that’s got nothing to do with anything I was talking about.

I think it’s a bit reactive, but thats just an opinion as well.

Oct 10, 2010
Was it a lacklustre hiring when you consider what was available 1,000% but we gotta give em a chance! I think many will be more open once they hear Green and Staios speak on WED.

Now if Staios decides to keep Korpisalo as our starter he deserves to be bashed to the fullest degree!

• Haha
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Was it a lacklustre hiring when you consider what was available 1,000% but we gotta give em a chance! I think many will be more open once they hear Green and Staios speak on WED.

Now if Staios decides to keep Korpisalo as our starter he deserves to be bashed to the fullest degree!
That’s going to be a kick in the nads for sure, that contract is going to be nearly impossible to make disappear.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
You know I remember not liking the Hartsburg, Clouston, or Cameron hires

But this is next level bad

flyingfingers

Mar 6, 2024
That’s going to be a kick in the nads for sure, that contract is going to be nearly impossible to make disappear.

Well they could buy him out for a reasonable cap hit ($333k next year with a top penalty of $2.3M in 27/28 when the cap projects to ~96-98M).

But Andlauer does not intend to pay players to not play for the team.

So you can expect both Korpisalo and Hamonic (barring a mysterious offseason surgery that prompts LTIR) at training camp ready to be motivated by Travis Green.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018

That’s just jumping to the worst conclusions possible because a coach you don’t like was hired.
Honeymoon is over for this ownership group.

We were sold a 'best in class' bill of goods. Over, and over, that's been the catchphrase of this group.

Best

In

Class

Objectively, Staios was not the best in class hire for the GM position.

Objectively, Greene is not the best in class hire for the coaching position.

Objectively, this team is no where close to best in class in our division, our conference, or the league.

What else are people supposed to start believing from this ownership and management group?
And if that happens, we'll be told by some people that actually, there wasn't anything Staios could do about Korpisalo in the first place, and they'll just identify the next goal post by which he should reaaaally be judged on, and on and on it goes until there's no scapegoats left.

Reactions: PierresGabriels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad