CFL: The CFL Thread: Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Review got the call right. pass interference on Ottawa. Jersey was being held.

And they screw up the 2nd one. Should have been pass interference.

Last edited:

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Edmonton have no QB. Ford is trash.

But all the Edmonton media and fans claimed he was the future MVP just getting held back by mean old Chris Jones LOL

Tre Ford is dogshit, I wouldn't take him over Maier and Maier is the worst QB I have seen in the history of the Stamps.

Reactions: ManByng

DoubleEFan

Aug 26, 2024
It was surprising they started Tre Ford for this game. Earlier in the season I was on the bandwagon for putting Ford in. As much as I like Tre Ford and wanted to see him start, I felt MBT was winning games and they should have stayed with what was winning games. Or at least put MBT in yesterday with more than 9 minutes left in the game to try and salvage things. Tre Ford clearly was awful the entire game until he got something going in the 3rd quarter, but then gave the game away with that pick. Tre Ford hasn’t played since his injury and to put him in to start against a team as good as the Bombers and announce right at the end of the previous game that he definitely would be the starter is puzzling. Unless it was to drum up more ticket sales. They want Tre Ford to stay in the pocket, but he really isn’t that kind of quarterback. Which is why MBT may have been the better choice up against a strong Winnipeg defence. It appeared even MBT thought he should have been put in the game sooner. He was reaching for his helmet before half time and warming up. Maybe at this point they give Tre Ford the start on Friday and prepare to put MBT in much earlier if things go awry. Really whatever decision is made about who starts on Friday will be questioned.

sonic92

Mar 5, 2020
Peace River, AB
We end the month of September with CFL Week 17.

Edmonton (5-9) at Winnipeg (8-6) Fri. 8PM ET
  • The Blue Bombers have now won six in a row as their defence caused problems for the Elks last week. Edmonton is making a QB switch with McLeod Bethel-Thompson getting the start for this one.
Hamilton (5-9) at BC (7-7) Fri. 10:30PM ET
  • Three straight wins has the TiCats still in playoff contention, but they'll have the tough task of a late start in Vancouver. It appears that Nathan Rourke will be the starting QB for the Lions in this one, but I don't think the QB controversy will go away yet.
Ottawa (8-5-1) at Saskatchewan (6-7-1) Sat. 3PM ET
  • These two teams played to a tie in their last meeting, but both teams will need a win here. Ottawa is trying to hang onto second in the East for a home playoff game, while the Riders have a wafer-thin hold on a playoff spot.
Montreal (11-2-1) at Toronto (7-7) Sat. 7PM ET
  • The Alouettes appear to be back to their winning ways after a weird stumble for a couple of weeks, and can clinch first in the East with a win in this one. The Argos meanwhile have been very inconsistent, but still hold a playoff spot right.
Bye Week - Calgary (4-9-1). Some locker-room infighting happened after dropping an important game to the Riders. This keeps adding to my theory that many changes are needed in Calgary, but apathetic ownership won't do anything in all likelihood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad