CFL: The CFL Thread: Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Defensive pass interference eh? Erm… CFL :laugh: nice try to hand the Redblacks a loss, come out with the tie. Worst f***ing league, can’t wait for when it finally shuts down. A few more years!!
Don't be ridiculous. The league doesn't give a damn about western teams. They only care about Ontario teams. Ottawa got most of the calls in the game.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Meh I saw it other way around. That PI call was horrendous, it shoulda have been Redblacks win right there.

The roughing the passer was legit. You can't hit the QB below the knee, they've been very clear about that rules for years.
I'd wager neither should have been called. Guy gets cut block, falls into a QB and that's a penalty? Nah son. And i hate the Riders.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
what PI call?
The Sask challenge. That's exactly how you teach DBs to cover. Don't interfere with him reach over and knock it down. That's what he did.

I'd wager neither should have been called. Guy gets cut block, falls into a QB and that's a penalty? Nah son. And i hate the Riders.
What they called tonight is how they've called that for years now. You roll into the QB below the knees you'll get called. Whether it should be roughing the passer or not, that's a different story. But CFL has called that exact play roughing the passer ALOT over the past few years. It's consistent.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The Sask challenge. That's exactly how you teach DBs to cover. Don't interfere with him reach over and knock it down. That's what he did.
That call was absolutely correct. He reached over several seconds before the ball got there and contacted the receiver. Absolute correct call. Imbecile officials on the field should have seen that easily. I was shocked the booth called it right. if he had done it just as the ball arrived it would have been a clean play.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That call was absolutely correct. He reached over several seconds before the ball got there and contacted the receiver. Absolute correct call. Imbecile officials on the field should have seen that easily. I was shocked the booth called it right. if he had done it just as the ball arrived it would have been a clean play.
So he's supposed to stand there and wait for the ball? Lol. He avoided contact and reached around. Wasn't PI at all.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't think he avoided contact and he prevented the receiver from making a play on the ball.
He didnt contact the receiver, he reached over him and knocked the ball down before it reached the receiver. Biggest thing is he didnt grab the receiver anywhere. No impeding the receiver making a play, he just made the play first. Its how DB coaches teach players to defend.

Even TSN was saying how it was a clean play. It was a botched review that lead to a bunch of shenanigans.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He didnt contact the receiver, he reached over him and knocked the ball down before it reached the receiver. Biggest thing is he didnt grab the receiver anywhere. No impeding the receiver making a play, he just made the play first. Its how DB coaches teach players to defend.

Even TSN was saying how it was a clean play. It was a botched review that lead to a bunch of shenanigans.
And Ottawa knew it was a foul. They were on the field before the ruling was made.
And how did Ottawa get a point. The league effed over Saskatchewan with the real bullcrap penalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruins4Lifer

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Don't be ridiculous. The league doesn't give a damn about western teams. They only care about Ontario teams. Ottawa got most of the calls in the game.
For real? :laugh: the challenge centre has called 11/12 calls against Ottawa this season, they f***ing hate us. And the DPI was the worst call of the season, this game was over on that stop.

The league is all about how they can compete with a much superior NFL. “Let’s make this game more exciting” “you never know what’s gonna happen in the CFL!” “Ottawa wins! Ottawa loses! Tie game! Only in the CFL!”

League is gonna die off soon, oh well

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Refs kissing Argo ass. Disallow a Begelton catch and another Stampeder held on the same play.

For real? :laugh: the challenge centre has called 11/12 calls against Ottawa this season, they f***ing hate us. And the DPI was the worst call of the season, this game was over on that stop.

The league is all about how they can compete with a much superior NFL. “Let’s make this game more exciting” “you never know what’s gonna happen in the CFL!” “Ottawa wins! Ottawa loses! Tie game! Only in the CFL!”

League is gonna die off soon, oh wel
The challenge centre maybe although they gifted Ottawa a point. The officials on the field are trying to give the game to Ontario teams.

Reactions: RCGP2

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Argos needed that win in the worst way. The beginning of the third quarter was a comedy of giveaways by both teams. Felt like the game would have went in the Stamps favour had they allowed the play to continue after the Carey fumble and not blown it dead right away.

If Kelly is allowed to come back for the next game, it should really help the tragic offence of the Argos who have been struggling mightily on that front.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Officiating is becoming a topic of conversation way too much this year. I don't think I've ever seen it this bad. Proulx's crew in particular has been a disaster along with Command Center. CFL needs to clean this up. It seems much much worse this year than year's past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad