Celtics/NBA The Celtics are NBA champions: Boston wins first title since 2008 in blowout victory over Mavericks; Jaylen Brown named MVP

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Guessing there must have been some intel out there that they liked him. Saw something that had six mock drafts from the media all lined up next to each other and three of the six had Scheierman going at 30 to the Celtics and two of the ones that didn't had him going earlier. Wonder if this means anything for that Hauser extension that's been talked about.
Early on it was reported his floor was 30 by I wanna say Givony

Reactions: BernieMcAvoy

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Oh man I love this pick. I’m seeing a ton of Boston haters online mad we got him and saying how smart Stevens is. I got real nervous we were gonna take that soft douchebag Filipowski so this makes this even better

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Scheierman scouting report from ESPN:

Strengths: Scheierman is a dynamic perimeter scorer who shoots the ball at a high level on the move while contributing with his versatility and feel for the game on the wing.

Weaknesses: He is not particularly long or physically gifted, complicating his defensive potential at the NBA level, especially considering he will turn 24 in September.

The verdict: Scheierman, who played some point guard at the mid-major level while recording numerous double-doubles last season, brings interesting things to the table as a rebounder and passer for a player who might be the best movement shooter in this draft.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
5th grade gym teacher called his parents in for a meeting to say “he’s too competitive”. Nebraska HS single season passing td record. Shoots, passes, rebounds. Difference between him and Hauser is that he’s more of a shoot off the dribble guy than Hauser. I think you can actually play them together, will be interesting to see if they do that at points

Reactions: Alicat and Mione134

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
A pet peeve of mine is how many NBA championships a city has won.

Boston Celtics have now won 18 championships - 1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008 and 2024.

The media thinks the Los Angeles Lakers have won 17 championships but the actual number is 12 - 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010 and 2020.

The other 5 belong to the MINNEAPOLIS Lakers - 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953 and 1954.

Banners belong to teams, not cities. It's like saying that the Los Angeles Dodgers, for example, only have six World Series rings instead of seven. Yes, they won the 1955 World Series when they were in Brooklyn, but that doesn't mean they lose their ring when they moved from coast to coast. That ring belongs to them, not Brooklyn.

The Los Angeles Lakers have 17 banners. If we want to start getting into which banners count and don't count, that opens up a messy can of worms with every team in sports, including the Celtics.

Reactions: PB37

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Why the hell did we pass on Filipowski?!?! He was way better than Lively at Duke a year ago and is a nice Al/KP backup.

Solid pick otherwise since there is no way we extend Houser after next year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Knicks and T Wolves did get much better and they are top 5 teams. Dillingham is an amazing pick for a team desperate for a scoring point guard that has everything else.

Knicks had everyone hurt come the second round. They need quantity not quality. They’ve got 8 or so quality starters before the depth guys.

I think Denver’s cast has sucked since they lost Bruce Brown for now bad off-season for them.

Don’t really consider anyone else a top team. Dallas will be in the playin games next year. Philly sucks Milwaukee is probably too old Indy and Miami are there I guess Cleveland will likely fall off a cliff.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Banners belong to teams, not cities. It's like saying that the Los Angeles Dodgers, for example, only have six World Series rings instead of seven. Yes, they won the 1955 World Series when they were in Brooklyn, but that doesn't mean they lose their ring when they moved from coast to coast. That ring belongs to them, not Brooklyn.

The Los Angeles Lakers have 17 banners. If we want to start getting into which banners count and don't count, that opens up a messy can of worms with every team in sports, including the Celtics.

No it doesn't. Not even a little bit. Zero percent includes the Celtics.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
if you want to get technical about it the Celtics history up to '78 is with the Clippers now because of the franchise swap with the Braves

LOL no, that's now how it works. Two owners swapped the team they owned. The Celtics did not become the Clippers or vice versa. The Boston Celtics remained the Boston Celtics, just like they did when Wyc bought them.

This genuinely made me laugh.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I'm glad they have 18 now so it sounds like it's coming less from a place of insecurity but the Los Angeles Lakers have 12 titles. If the Oklahoma City Thunder win a title, it's not going to be their 2nd because the Seattle SuperSonics won in 1979.

Teams belong to fans, if there was no fans these guys would be playing in ymca gyms instead of making millions every year. There's very little overlap between people who would have been fans of the Minnesota Lakers and the Los Angeles Lakers. All teams struggle to hold onto the same fanbase after relocating to a city miles away from their previous home or a different state. Are the Raiders the only exception?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The Kyle Filipowski stuff that is coming out is disturbing. His brother and mother have come out and said that they haven't spoken to him in 2 years and that he's being groomed by his girlfriend who is mormon. Probably why he dropped to the 2nd round.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That would be hilarious. And I'd do it.

Bronny should of stayed in college. Listening to his dad to declare was a mistake.
Even if he has a tantrum and goes to Australia like his agent is telling teams, I'd do it anyway just so it pisses off Lebron.

54 is never seeing the floor on this roster anyway

Reactions: Mione134

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
I actually like Cam Spencer. Kid can play but not sure how practical he is for the Celts. Love to see them take Bronny just to see daddy's face lol. Wanted Freeman but he just went.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad