Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That I, do not believe to be totally true. The players are aware of what is going on, and know how it could affect the roster, they also realize that a job might be in jeopardy
Players love when the salary bar is raised. Most want every penny they can get.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sounds really immature. Holding grudges. Just because you think you are worth something doesn't mean you get it, until you show you are worth it. If you are so confident in your value take a 1 year contract at 5m and win the vezina then you can have 10m per.
Just business man..............the Bruins kicked him in arbitration last year..............he then played lights out, won a playoff round, and now is asking to be paid.

No big deal really, both sides are just doing business. Maybe his plan all along was to get traded?? The devalued him, last year, so why would they still want him??

Who knows what happens next. A trade would think...

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Just business man..............the Bruins kicked him in arbitration last year..............he then played lights out, won a playoff round, and now is asking to be paid.

No big deal really, both sides are just doing business. Maybe his plan all along was to get traded?? The devalued him, last year, so why would they still want him??

Who knows what happens next. A trade would think...

He elected for arbitration last year, not the Bruins. Is Boston supposed to go into it talking about how amazing he is and how he's the future, or use comparables around the league that he sees as an insult. At the time he had no playoff experience except helping Boston choke game 7.

Like you said though, he most definitely proved himself this year taking over the starting spot and doing well in the PO.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
If he's asking for $9 million on a long term deal, that's $500k more than Hellebuyck got to play in Winnipeg with his 2 Vezinas. Good luck with that.

Hellebuyck is 31 years old, with a contract that will carry him to 39.... that contract is the ultimate "pay me later" type of deal.

Swayman is 25. He's locking up the prime of his career.

Reactions: bh53 and stl76

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Perhaps his dogs like expensive food, much like Modano's dogs did back in the days. We shouldn't judge this guy too harshly before all facts are out.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Just wait till korpisalo has a bad game or two in a row. Bruins fans will really start to lose their minds now.

Also I love this "well he wanted to go to arb" excuse. Like why do you think he would want to go to arb in the first place? Probably because the Bruins were offering him trash, just like how they started off these negotiations.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'm trying to think of how many goalies through the history of the sport I would sign for 8 years at a high cap hit and the list isn't getting very long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad