Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Hilarious to see people shitting on a guy who's showed up at every chance he got. Good on him for getting his money, some team will be thrilled to have him
Its like they are worried he might get a little too much of the billionare's money, lol

Reactions: JKG33

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
even if I wasn't someone who hates the bruins with every fibre of my being I would be cheering against jeremy jacobs.
I’m actually enjoying it, hope it drags on and on and is a major disruption for the bruins.

Sweeney ought to tell him it's 8 mil per season and each day he doesn't sign it goes down by $50k/year.
Swayman laughs!!

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I’m actually enjoying it, hope it drags on and on and is a major disruption for the bruins.

Swayman laughs!!

I'm sure he'll laugh once he misses the entire season after missing the deadline and the amount he gets per year drops.

Hilarious to see people shitting on a guy who's showed up at every chance he got. Good on him for getting his money, some team will be thrilled to have him

You seriously think other teams especially those that has the cap space are suddenly gonna pay 8x9m which probably won't do squat to bump them from bottom of the lead standing to higher in the standing. Hockey is a team sport its gonna take more than a goalie team to go from bottom of league standings to higher up. he's not going to make a difference in SJ, Anaheim chicago etc not with out better players in front of him. A goalie is just as good or better as the guys in front of him.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I'm sure he'll laugh once he misses the entire season after missing the deadline and the amount he gets per year drops.
Bruins have Korp and two ECHLers as the goalie group. Bruins arent letting this go past the deadline. They just picked some scrub off waivers in desperation.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

Pepperidge farms remembers and so does Swayman.

Looks like the Bruins pissed him off last year.
Sounds really immature. Holding grudges. Just because you think you are worth something doesn't mean you get it, until you show you are worth it. If you are so confident in your value take a 1 year contract at 5m and win the vezina then you can have 10m per.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That I, do not believe to be totally true. The players are aware of what is going on, and know how it could affect the roster, they also realize that a job might be in jeopardy
True. But the players’ anger and frustration will be directed at management and not their teammate.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Who says they will? The team doesn't owe him a darn thing.
Of course they will, they can’t do squat in the POs with that goalie group. They know it.

Shit if Korp gets an injury between now and Dec, he should ask for 12mil.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Of course they will, they can’t do squat in the POs with that goalie group. They know it.

Shit if Korp gets an injury between now and Dec, he should ask for 12mil.
Then why isn't he asking for 12m now... Oh i know how about 15m.. Lets go with that.. He's still not getting it cause no one wants to risk having a bad contract with a goalie with zero guarantees he'll actually perform up to that contract. Hell florida fans has been trashing their goalie's contract until he won a cup since the day he signed it.

There is a reason why goalies are voodoo. They can be great one year and be trash for the rest of the contract. And there is zero guarantees that Swayman would actually care and play however he wants the moment the contract however amount it is gets signed. You can't trust him to keep playing his A game for the rest of the contract.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Then why isn't he asking for 12m now... Oh i know how about 15m.. Lets go with that.. He's still not getting it cause no one wants to risk having a bad contract with a goalie with zero guarantees he'll actually perform up to that contract. Hell florida fans has been trashing their goalie's contract until he won a cup since the day he signed it.
Clearly you don’t understand what leverage is during a negotiation.

If Korp did get hurt, it clearly would hurt Swayman’s bargaining position, lol. Hint - he wouldn’t ask for less $$$$.

Reactions: Fatass

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Clearly you don’t understand what leverage is during a negotiation.

If Korp did get hurt, it clearly would hurt Swayman’s bargaining position, lol. Hint - he wouldn’t ask for less $$$$.

and swayman plays like trash and boston misses the playoffs anyways and are stuck on a BAD contract for the next 7 years. not only that they'll have to deal with current players suddenly want more and they'll drop in standings, miss the playoffs and still have to deal with a bad contract for a goalie...

Its not as if swayman is the only going out there and they can re-sign him and only him and not sign anyone else. Martin Jones for example is still available...

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
and swayman plays like trash and boston misses the playoffs anyways and are stuck on a BAD contract for the next 7 years. not only that they'll have to deal with current players suddenly want more and they'll drop in standings, miss the playoffs and still have to deal with a bad contract for a goalie...
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Shit, this was the best, almost spit my coffee across the room.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
I guess you don't understand the concept of goalies are voodoo... Ever consider why there are only so few goalies that are getting paid that high or more... After Price and bob for their contracts, It didn't change the goalie market price at all.

Efactor

Dec 10, 2002
hfboards.mandatory.com
Do the math, at $8M this seaon he makes 9.1% of the team cap of $88M. He can probably live with that. If the cap as projected post-Covid goes up 5% per season. In eight years, the cap would be $124M. 9.1% of $124M is $11.285M. His ask of $10M per season is just to make sure over the whole contract he gets his 9%. Facts.

Whether or not you think he's worth 9% is another issue. But remember, when Bobrovsky signed his deal he got 12.3% of the $81.5M cap.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Swayman will get over 64.

Neely looks like an idiot, and Sweeney is a buffoon for trading Ullimark before have Swayman signed, total amateur hour.

Funny how Neely is taking it personal, coming from a guy who held out for more money during his career.

The Bs have always screwed over their stars, right back to Orr.

First time in a while, a guy has told them to stuff it on their home town deal stuff, good on him.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Neely looks like an idiot, and Sweeney is a buffoon for trading Ullimark before have Swayman signed, total amateur hour.

Funny how Neely is taking it personal, coming from a guy who held out for more money during his career.

First time in a while, a guy has told them to stuff it on their home town deal stuff, good on him.
Yup. Players should always try their hardest to get the most they possibly can. Careers are fleeting. Swayman has all the leverage here. It’s obvious by how Neely reacted at his presser. He came across as a person who is totally frustrated. And of course he is. He has no control over the situation. Swayman has all the control. And that obviously pisses off Neely.

Reactions: Habby4Life

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Swayman is looking like the biggest idiot here.

Asking WAY more money than he deserves because his feelings got hurt in arbitration isn’t someone I would want in the locker room.

I would never pay a goalie with rabbit ears this bad. Bruins will be happy to get something for him instead of wasting $60 million on an oversensitive goalie.
This.

I definitely don’t want my second highest paid player who hasn’t even proved that much to be THAT sensitive

He seems like a head case

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad