Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
My prediction is this gets done at $8.25M right before Dec 1st
I’m hoping at some point swaymans dad slaps him upside the head and asks him what’s wrong with him. Sway seems to be completely devoid of any sagely advice in this process that forces him into recognizing the sweetheart setup he has in Boston.

Reactions: VaporTrail

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
As a hard core bruins fan, I can comfortably say they’re not cup contenders this year. They still have holes in scoring depth that need to be addressed, and certainly won’t get any better by giving a half season goalie 9 million year. But who knows, lighting can strike, but the odds are they are still a piece or two away from serious consideration, IMO.
Once you get in playoffs anything can happen

Reactions: Score08

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So if Swayman plays way more games and puts up the great Numbers whats he worth in 2 years as a UFA?
I am guessing he can find a hell of a lot more that 8 million. It's not his fault the team only lets him play half the games right now
So if Swayman plays way more games and absolutely shits the bed what’s he worth in 2 years as a UFA?
I am guessing he will find a hell of a lot less than 8 million. It’s not his fault the team had him play more than half the games

It’s a long term deal at an agreeable salary. There’s risk on both sides. That’s the point.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Swayman is a moron if he doesn't take the proposed offer.

$97561 is the amount per game he will lose out on if offered $8 million per year for ease of numbers.

Missing time will hurt his progression, and who would want to take this guy on in the future.

Kids wrecking his future.....

I would walk away from him right now, get what you can and let him and Gross be losers together.

Embarrassing. . . .

You ain't worth that much bud.

He will never be in the top 5 behind another team....

Good luck bud.....

Reactions: BostonBruins11

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Just thinking back, who was the last Bruins goalie to put up bad numbers in Boston and their system?

Blaine Lacher?

2007-2008 Manny Fernandez played 4 games and didn't look good. Was injured and never recovered. so 14 years ago?
Wow I forgot all about manny fernandez. Just looked at his stats and he had some really great seasons.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If these numbers are accurate, Sweeney and the Bruins are absolved and Swayman and his agent are dumb as shit

Ad

Ad

Ad