Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
He's been president of the team for like 15-20 years.
haha. figured hed been there in some capacity for a very long time given who he is and what he meant to the bruins but didnt look it up. Also def never heard him talk before but also dont follow the bruins. Stand by what I said tho. Guy should be smarter then that when it comes to business.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Turns down $64M, Swayman is an idiot. Thinks he should be paid like he's the best starter in the NHL. He's played less than 200 games in his career and hasn't even played one full season as a full time starter. Coming off a fluke playoff performance last year. Lets see him repeat those numbers before demanding more than $64M.

Reactions: FMichael

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
If someone in this process is butthurt it is not Swaymans camp... It's Bruins management looking unprofessional and like they are being bent over and have no idea how to PR their way out of everyone seeing that
Swayman went on a media sympath tour last year after the abritration process and was whining about how critical the bruins were and that it bothered him.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Korpisalo is built to play in Boston’s zone system. They’re not too concerned. There’s a much greater chance that Ullmark lays an egg in Ottawa. It’s much easier hugging your post in Boston than having to make w high quality saves in Ottawa. He’s gonna have to earn not only his contract this year, but if he lays an egg in Ottawa, good luck getting a big contract next year.

Swayman was the goalie they wanted to keep because when the Bruins D did break down, he stepped up to make more quality saves than Ullmark. More timely saves. Neither has really ever stood on their head though.

They can send Swayman to Utah for a nice piece along with Vejmelka, and likely have the same quality of goaltending this season. The thing is? They know it too.

The Bruins aren’t gonna panic here. They can even send Detroit a 3rd round pick for Husso and make sure their ok in net. They hold all the cards in this negotiation because they know their system inflates goalie stats.
that sounds great and all but advanced stat data doesn't really agree with you

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
lol good luck getting that contract with some other team of that amount he wants. Its going to backfire when he starts playing terrible cause the teams that can afford such an amount are not that great thus make the contract look extremely terrible.

Or he'll sign a similar contract with a team that doesn't try to throw him under the bus for public sympathy.

Both sides are probably being greedy. And he chose this line of work where he can be injured next game and not play again. He has his business education from Stanford to fall back on.

Agents/players, this is standard practice. They were likely going to hold out as long as possible to try to squeeze out the deal that they really wanted, and eventually sign. But then Neely inexplicably blinks first and now it's all hilariously f***ed.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Turns down $64M, Swayman is an idiot. Thinks he should be paid like he's the best starter in the NHL. He's played less than 200 games in his career and hasn't even played one full season as a full time starter. Coming off a fluke playoff performance last year. Lets see him repeat those numbers before demanding more than $64M.
While we as fans do not know the exact figures, but after Neely’s comment I think the numbers are probably what many of us suspect and if that is the case - yes Swayman is a goof considering his lack of overall experience and his demands.

I would be surprised if he remains a Bruin.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I've said in in this thread before, but it's again hilarious to me that Boston decided to trade Ullmark before having Swayman signed.

Nothing like giving the guy all the ammo in the world. You're a contending team with an RFA goalie. Option B played like shit in Ottawa and his backups are AHL fodder.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
All those other players were established elite goalies. Swayman is not. Not yet. Period. 7m x 2 year would make sense and carry him to UFA. If he doesn’t want to sign an 8x8, Id let him sit at home too.
I would say zero chance Bruins offer 2 years to walk him to UFA, that makes zero sense.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Friedman just reported that the sides are really far apart in terms of money. So either him or Servalli are wrong, and I doubt it's Friedman.

Reactions: leafsfan5

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
While we as fans do not know the exact figures, but after Neely’s comment I think the numbers are probably what many of us suspect and if that is the case - yes Swayman is a goof considering his lack of overall experience and his demands.

I would be surprised if he remains a Bruin.
Apparently the exact figure was 8x7.8

• Wow
Reactions: FMichael

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
So the Bruins offered 62.5M and Swayman wants 68M? Thats way closer than I thought. They could easily meet in the middle there.

This makes Neely and Bruins look even dumber for what they did yesterday :laugh:
There's zero chance Swayman was at $68M/8 yrs prior to yesterday. They were refusing to move from $76 million ($9.5M/yr) even after the Bruins went up to $62 or $64M - that's what prompted Neely to throw out that number - to get the Bruins back in the media/public opinion favor and make Swayman look like the unreasonable one. It's almost a certainty that Swayman's agent acted quick to that move and reduced their ask yesterday after the Bruins press conference, and then leaked their new latest ask to Seravalli. This new ask makes them look a lot less unreasonable.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Shut up Marc podcast:" Swayman: I went to business school, I know my comparables"

NO Swayman you clearly don't, thinking he's worth more than Saros, Hellebuck, Sorokin. Sit him or ship him out.
Agreed 100%.

The Bruins cannot and should not give him even 8x8 but if Swayman can’t see that that’s a crazy good deal, then it’s time to move on from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad