Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
One possibility... A total of $64 million could include money deferred. So the Bruins are thinking it's $64 million total, but Swayman/Gross think it doesn't count because some money is deferred.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Im actually laughing at the fact that someone is openly and blatantly lying.

Like there's no way you can go back out there and say "Actually my words were taken out of context by the media, this is what it actually meant"

Oh this nasty

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Any teams out there want to give the bruins some good stuff for a young good goalie of the present and future? Boston would probably trade him if you gave up some seriously good stuff. Otherwise theyll just coast into the playoffs with or without him and lose in the first round (as long as it isnt the leafs) with or without him too. And wait till next year

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Any teams out there want to give the bruins some good stuff for a young good goalie of the present and future? Boston would probably trade him if you gave up some seriously good stuff. Otherwise theyll just coast into the playoffs with or without him and lose in the first round (as long as it isnt the leafs) with or without him too. And wait till next year

No way i would ever want him.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
At this point I jut don't see a reconciliation between them. Sway was already overly butthurt about going to arbitration last year so I can't see him just being ok with going back to Boston now.

Reactions: FMichael

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Oh shiiiii....

So first the don't want to return calls for 3 weeks and now they lying about offers.

Seems like the Bruins management has some explaining to do.

Who says Boston's management is being dishonest? I wouldn't trust the biz to say anything with a straight face. When things start going through media especially from the players side its the agents job to make the opposing side look bad and vice versa.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I'm leaning toward believing the agent here. At the end of the day, the agent was the one who RESPONDED back to the initial statement, which meant they had all day to think about their response.

I refuse to believe they would just go "Nah we have to lie and say that offer was never presented us".

They could've just kept it at "We're super disappointed that Neely went public with our negotiations. Not something we were expecting"

Instead, they added "That offer was never presented to us". Im sorry but Neely is lying

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I don't understand. You agreed to pay Pasta 11m so just stfu and pay Sway 10m.

Those are your two franchise pieces moving forward.

This didn't need to happen.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
At this point I jut don't see a reconciliation between them. Sway was already overly butthurt about going to arbitration last year so I can't see him just being ok with going back to Boston now.
Yeah - animosity between Swayman & Sweeny almost seems as though it might be best to part ways.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I'm leaning toward believing the agent here. At the end of the day, the agent was the one who RESPONDED back to the initial statement, which meant they had all day to think about their response.

I refuse to believe they would just go "Nah we have to lie and say that offer was never presented us".

They could've just kept it at "We're super disappointed that Neely went public with our negotiations. Not something we were expecting"

Instead, they added "That offer was never presented to us". Im sorry but Neely is lying

Gross/player are just as guilty of going through the media.

Reactions: UConn126

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't understand. You agreed to pay Pasta 11m so just stfu and pay Sway 10m.

Those are your two franchise pieces moving forward.

This didn't need to happen.

That just makes no sense

But at the same time that’s how Leafs do their business, give players open check

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Ooo tough comment

You don’t give 10M for a goalie who’s never been a true starter for a season
Not trying to be tough, just find it a bit silly to be chirping another team when the thread is about challenges that your own team is experiencing. I also never said to give him $10M.

Reactions: OVO16

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Never said that they arent guilty.

Im just saying based off facts i see here today, I guess that its Neely who lied in today's 64 Million offer ordeal

and here's the thing agents always say stuff that make their clients look good. Never trust an agent as much as you trust a GM. Both need to knock it off.

Not trying to be tough, just find it a bit silly to be chirping another team when the thread is about challenges that your own team is experiencing. I also never said to give him $10M.

there are people who saying that boston should just pay the guy what he wants and other teams would gladly pay the guy what he wants....

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Team is probably 3 or so years away from competing. Swayman is turning 26 in a month. May be too early to commit that much money to a goalie.
A swayman $9m x 8 contract likely 'turns good' in year 3... so it's actually perfect for a team like utah's timing.

Generally speaking, you'd be correct that it's too early for them to commit to a big money goalie, but he's only 25, so can grow with that team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad