Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
We did with Tory Krug thanks. Check with Blues fans on how happy they were with him

Yeah well this time Gross has the leverage not the Bruins. Swayman will absolutely sit just long enough to ruin the season but still get paid. He knows that 8x8 offer will still be there a month into the season.

Gross had Nylander hold out till Dec first to get 400k more / season

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He is not a 10M goalie, how many times can that be said? 44 games started is the most he has. No major trophies either. He can sit if he can’t accept a fair offer 8x8.
if Swayman won’t accept 80 mil over 8 years then certainly there’s a problem. Bruins would need to look to moving him at that point.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah well this time Gross has the leverage not the Bruins. Swayman will absolutely sit just long enough to ruin the season but still get paid. He knows that 8x8 offer will still be there a month into the season.

Gross has the leverage as an RFA with no contract and in no better position even if he sits out the year? That offer should go down once the season starts. Again, I heard Sweden is nice.

Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
That's why you should be scared I see this ending badly for the Bruins
Well since you're the same guy who thinks the Leafs are by far the best team in the Atlantic Division and will compete for the Stanley Cup this season your opinion carries very little weight for those of us here that don't drink the blue and white Kool-Aid that you continually chug down. :thumbd:

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Panthers just went to a final and followed with the Cup. They pay goalie Bob (a key in both those playoffs) 10 per. I’d say they’re quite successful because they pay their goalie.
Funny you’re comparing sway to Bob

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
What kind of return they can get for this guy?

Hopefully a decent amount. I think Utah could end up being a very good trade partner, they're in need of a true starter and can afford the cap hit without needing to dump any salary. Vejmelka, UHC 1st '25 and either a current roster forward or blue chip prospect should be very doable.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Well since you're the same guy who thinks the Leafs are by far the best team in the Atlantic Division and will compete for the Stanley Cup this season your opinion carries very little weight for those of us here that don't drink the blue and white Kool-Aid that you continually chug down. :thumbd:

Swayman holding out in a contract dispute is the biggest victory Leafs fans have had over the Bruins in decades 😭

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

And what leverage does swayman has? Sitting out doesn't mean he'll get more sitting out especially for a goalie doesn't prove why he deserves more. And what team that has the cap space that actually be willing to pay what he wants... Guess what no one.

Hopefully a decent amount. I think Utah could end up being a very good trade partner, they're in need of a true starter and can afford the cap hit without needing to dump any salary. Vejmelka, UHC 1st '25 and either a current roster forward or blue chip prospect should be very doable.

and you think utah is suddenly gonna pay the guy 9-10m+ I don't think so.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Sure, but imo that’s where this is heading. And when the Bruins offer that, if Swayman still says no, then it’s time to move on for the club.
Its not heading anywhere near that. You are just spouting nonsense. Post anything that mentions that by any source besides your brain.

Reactions: RI.B FAN

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
and you think utah is suddenly gonna pay the guy 9-10m+ I don't think so.

I do, because they are arguably a star goalie away from making some real noise and with a new fanbase to impress ownership should be (and has been so far) willing to spend to make that happen. They also have a ton of young, cost-controlled talent in Cooley, Iginla, Doan, Kesselring, Simashev and But to use more cap than most teams on a goalie. It's a natural fit to me.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I doubt either side would do it, but I’d like Vejmelka, Crouse, and a pick.

Reactions: VeteranPresence

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I do, because they are arguably a star goalie away from making some real noise and with a new fanbase to impress ownership should be (and has been so far) willing to spend to make that happen. They also have a ton of young, cost-controlled talent in Cooley, Iginla, Doan, Kesselring, Simashev and But to use more cap than most teams on a goalie. It's a natural fit to me.
Team is probably 3 or so years away from competing. Swayman is turning 26 in a month. May be too early to commit that much money to a goalie.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I want a pony. Zero % chance Bruins give either of us what we want. Swayman isnt getting $80 million by anyone
That’s your opinion and the premise of this thread’s discussion. IMO Swayman is worth 80 million. He has two years to free agency. The Bruins, on an eight year term, are buying six UFA years and the player’s prime. That will cost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad