Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
He really can’t be asking for 9 or more. Sorokin and Hellebuyck just got extended for less than that and have better resumes. I’ve said for a while that it should be 8x8, I think it’s too much, but we can afford it and supposedly the cap is going up.

Reactions: wintersej

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Why would they ever sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal in a million years?

So they shouldn't sign him to an 8 year deal. Or a 1 or a 2. So only what's best for Boston. K

I think this is the biggest issue.

Swayman to max his salary it is either 1 or 2 years to prove or pay up for 8.
Boston wants a long term cheap contract but Swayman knows he is worth more.

Curious what they do.

A 7x3 deal locks him for 3 years and 21 million.

Be 28 when he needs a new deal 28 to 36 or 28 to 35 locks good years.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
He really can’t be asking for 9 or more. Sorokin and Hellebuyck just got extended for less than that and have better resumes. I’ve said for a while that it should be 8x8, I think it’s too much, but we can afford it and supposedly the cap is going up.
Sorokin, the guy who lost the job to the backup? Hellebuyck the guy who turns into a fraud in the playoffs?

Swayman hasn't had an opportunity to put up a vezina season like those two have, but he also hasn't been as bad as them at their worst either

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Sorokin, the guy who lost the job to the backup? Hellebuyck the guy who turns into a fraud in the playoffs?

Swayman hasn't had an opportunity to put up a vezina season like those two have, but he also hasn't been as bad as them at their worst either

Exactly why it’s a risk to give him more money. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad