Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
He's not worth 10 mil imo. Feels a bit rich for his body of work. ~7 is probably where it should be at atm. It will be interesting to see what the B's do about this.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah it’s starting to feel that way.

And then it will get done, and then you will find out that Swayman wanted 8.5, and and Sweeney was offering 7.9 and then this whole thing came down to 600-700K.

And then you will ask yourself why the f*** this took so long so long because there is NO reason it should have.

And then Swayman is going to suck because he missed 2 months of the year because Sweeney f***ed around and wouldn't pay him so now he's rusty.

But instead of scoring 7 goals like Nylander did, Swayman is going to get about 8 wins.

And then instead of blaming Sweeney for f***ing around and screwing your team because that IS what's he's doing.

Your fanbase is going to question Swayman for some reason.

And then in 25-26 he's going to be awesome and not look back.

And if this plays out like Nylander that's exactly what will happen

• Love
Reactions: wintersej

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
And then it will get done, and then you will find out that Swayman wanted 8.5, and and Sweeney was offering 7.9 and then this whole thing came down to 600-700K.

And then you will ask yourself why the f*** this took so long so long because there is NO reason it should have.

And then Swayman is going to suck because he missed 2 months of the year because Sweeney f***ed around and wouldn't pay him so now he's rusty.

But instead of scoring 7 goals like Nylander did, Swayman is going to get about 8 wins.

And then instead of blaming Sweeney for f***ing around and screwing your team because that IS what's he's doing.

Your fanbase is going to question Swayman for some reason.

And then in 25-26 he's going to be awesome and not look back.

And if this plays out like Nylander that's exactly what will happen
Refresh my memory, what $ value were the Leafs and Nylander at around this time in 2018? Who ended up moving the most off their number to get the deal done?

The Bruins and Swayman appear to be pretty far apart if you believe the rumors so far. Bruins are at 4yr x $6.25M and Swayman is at 8yr x $9.5M. Leafs and Nylander weren't that far apart were they?

I think the 8yr x $8M is the deal the large majority of Bruins fans are comfortable with and think is fair. Whichever side it turns out was trying their best to avoid that number, should be the one criticized/questioned the most.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Refresh my memory, what $ value were the Leafs and Nylander at around this time in 2018? Who ended up moving the most off their number to get the deal done?

The Bruins and Swayman appear to be pretty far apart if you believe the rumors so far. Bruins are at 4yr x $6.25M and Swayman is at 8yr x $9.5M. Leafs and Nylander weren't that far apart were they?

At the time the deal got done the talk was that the Leafs were at 6.2, Nylander eventually got 6.9.

That's why I said that if this plays out like Nylander you will find out that this is coming down to between 600-700K

And you are going to wonder why this took so long.

Reactions: Ciao and wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I think the 8yr x $8M is the deal the large majority of Bruins fans are comfortable with and think is fair. Whichever side it turns out was trying their best to avoid that number, should be the one criticized/questioned the most.

In fairness Friedman said they have multiple on the table including an 8 year. We just don’t know the AAV on the 8 year. It would certainly be more than 6.25 you would assume since it’s no longer half RFA years in the deal.

At the time the deal got done the talk was that the Leafs were at 6.2, Nylander eventually got 6.9.

That's why I said that if this plays out like Nylander you will find out that this is coming down to between 600-700K

And you are going to wonder why this took so long.

Gross is a squeeze every penny PIA and Sweeney is a my way or the highway guy. Will be super curious who blinks most.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
We have seen it in past a goalie sit out an entire year (Almost two years actually) during contract dispute

Khabibulin sat out 1999-2000 season playing in IHL over contract dispute. Dispute continued thru most of next season as well before the Yotes finally traded his rights to Lightning

We also saw Joseph consider it after being traded to Edmonton and Oilers unwilling to give him contract he wanted (And the split with Ranford they wanted that was dumb idea). Eventually the Oilers did smart thing and traded Ranford and signed Joseph but it took half a season to get to that point

Swayman could very well miss entire season at his age 25 (Turns 26 during season) and survive

No reason to expect him to surrender in talks to B's as past has seen either team back down (Oilers) or team ultimately trading away player (Khabibulin)

If he truly feels he is worth it and has leverage he can sit it out
Fat chance.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
In fairness Friedman said they have multiple on the table including an 8 year. We just don’t know the AAV on the 8 year. It would certainly be more than 6.25 you would assume since it’s no longer half RFA years in the deal.
A few weeks ago on the 32 thoughts podcast, I remember EF mentioning a Bruins' 8yr offer was "in the sixes", but he didn't seem very sure of when it was offered.

Hard to say if that's any closer than 4yr x $6.25M to what Swayman wants.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Boston management is no pushover. Cam Neely is the president. They don’t call him Cam “kick his a** sea bass” Neely for nothin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad