Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Offer sheets are all calculated with a max length of 5 years, for purposes of determining compensation.

A 7x9 has a total value of $63m. So, divided by 5, it would be a $12.66m AAV, and 4 1sts for compensation.

You wont see offersheets over 5 years, for this reason.
Eventually, someone might try but no way on the 4 1st round picks. The 1st,2nd, and 3rd between the 6.8-9.1 million range think could happen but depending on player their team might just match it anyway.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Eventually, someone might try but no way on the 4 1st round picks. The 1st,2nd, and 3rd between the 6.8-9.1 million range think could happen but depending on player their team might just match it anyway.

I just can’t see a team offering the kind of OS the Bruins wouldn’t match and paying the real and draft capital to do it. Certainly not in September.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Do... do clowns wear uniforms in your experience? 😶
You went full neckbeard reddit mod on this response bud. You really shouldn't talk to people in real life like a movie sitcom with all that manufactured snark.
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Reactions: Reality Czech

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
It’s interesting how we have seen the progression of players over the years but at the same time the regression and importance of star goaltenders decline. In fact, it’s not about how good your starter is, but how good your backup and goaltending depth is. Gone are the years where Roy, Belfour, brodeur, kipper, Lundqvist churned out 65+ games a year. If you have aspirations of winning a cup, your starter needs to be at 55 gp or less. Anything more is too taxing and catches up at some point in the playoffs. When I see Cup winning teams win with Adin hill, binnington, kuemper I’m reminded, a low caphit goalie who can just be good and not great can win to.

Sure vasilevsky and bob won cups with high cap hits, but they also had superior defence and defensive minded forwards to help shelter them.

Where you should invest is defence, defence and forwards that can play defence can shelter the weaker aspects of your team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Craig Ludwig

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
It’s interesting how we have seen the progression of players over the years but at the same time the regression and importance of star goaltenders decline. In fact, it’s not about how good your starter is, but how good your backup and goaltending depth is. Gone are the years where Roy, Belfour, brodeur, kipper, Lundqvist churned out 65+ games a year. If you have aspirations of winning a cup, your starter needs to be at 55 gp or less. Anything more is too taxing and catches up at some point in the playoffs. When I see up winning teams win with Asian hill, binnington, kuemper I’m reminded, a low caphit goalie who can just be good and not great can win to.

Sure vasilevsky and bob won cups with high cap hits, but they also had superior defence and defensive minded forwards to help shelter them.

Where you should invest is defence, defence and forwards that can play defence can shelter the weaker aspects of your team.
Bang on, I'm very curious to see how Ullmark does this year in order to prove that theory. Aiden Hill could barely make it in the NHL as a back up, and all of a sudden he's an MVP with that strong Vegas Defense. If I'm a GM, I ain't wasting $8-10 Million (10% + of my Cap) on a goalie.

Reactions: Reality Czech

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Bang on, I'm very curious to see how Ullmark does this year in order to prove that theory. Aiden Hill could barely make it in the NHL as a back up, and all of a sudden he's an MVP with that strong Vegas Defense. If I'm a GM, I ain't wasting $8-10 Million (10% + of my Cap) on a goalie.
Agreed, all the recent cup winning teams, Avs, blues, caps, golden knights and panthers have one thing in common, great two way forwards and excellent top 5 defence.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Do the Bruins have those pieces though? IMO that club needs Swayman to make the playoffs. And if they miss the playoffs the current GM will be out of work.
Panthers have goalie Bob at 10 per. Swayman is equally as good and important to his team.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Do the Bruins have those pieces though? IMO that club needs Swayman to make the playoffs. And if they miss the playoffs the current GM will be out of work.
Panthers have goalie Bob at 10 per. Swayman is equally as good and important to his team.
The Bruins do have a staunch defense that gave Ullmark a Vezina. Not denying Swayman is a good goalie, and that the Bruins need him. But he doesn't have the Bob track record that earned him the $10M. I'm willing to bet Korpisalo's numbers vastly improve in Ottawa, just as Ullmark's did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad