Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Spitting Chiclets is reporting otherwise; Ryan Whitney is claiming the Bruins last apparently offered Swayman a 4 year, 6.5 million per year deal. Swayman rejected it and the Bruins apparently haven't returned his calls or messages since. Don Sweeney says Jeremy Swayman remains unsigned, rips ‘inaccurate’ reports

Which led to this tweet from Paul Bissonette

I know Chiclets isn't well liked by everyone, but the last time Biz went on the warpath like this is when he called out Mike Babcock for his weird ass behavior. People called him a clout chaser, moron etc but the truth came out and to a lot of people's shock, Biz had sources within the Jackets org feeding him the info. To be expected of a podcast that has so many ties to players both current and former.

I would be willing to bet their source here is Swayman himself. And if that's case, someone punt Donnie into the sun please.
Chicklets is unreal, this sounds like it could be a wild situation. Cant wait to see it play out. I feel like you're putting the cart before the horse here in regards to comparing it to Babcock.

As a leafs fan, he could hold out and miss the whole season and the leafs would still get smoked by a Korpisalo led bruins team in the playoffs.
Absolutely not, people really weren't paying attention to how bad he was last year. And really most of his career outside of 2 or 3 outlier seasons. He is a talented athletic goalie but he has no discipline in his craft, lacks focus and is insanely mentally weak.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It’s time some bruins GOT PAID!

Get that bag, Jeremy
Pasta is paid fair. Swayman will be too. He has the leverage. No Swayman = no playoffs. GMs get fired when high expectations are not met because of a problem they created.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
I think we all know that Swayman is a better goalie than Korpisalo, I don't think anyone is arguing that.

It's also extremely obvious that Korpisalo is not as bad as his numbers in Ottawa indicate, as that is mostly the result of playing behind an ECHL level d corps.

Idunkmyoreos

Sep 28, 2017
I think Swayman is overplaying his hand by thinking he has all the leverage. He has complained many times in the last year, that he did not like the arbitration award last fall - he was the one who initiated the process not the Bruins. Did he expect that the Bruins would just give him what he wanted because he filed. The Bruins presented a case and the arbitrator agreed and Swayman bitches its unfair,

He is attempting to get even because his feelings were bruised. There are threats that he won't sign until December 1. The Bruins could reduce their offer, at December 1, to a one-year deal with the dollar value reduced to reflect missed games and tell him it is his choice to take it or not.. If he refuses Swayman gets $0 and still has two years to UFA and remains Bruins property.

Get the egos (must win by both sides) out of the way and negotiate a fair contract

Last edited:

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I think we all know that Swayman is a better goalie than Korpisalo, I don't think anyone is arguing that.

It's also extremely obvious that Korpisalo is not as bad as his numbers in Ottawa indicate, as that is mostly the result of playing behind an ECHL level d corps.
People keep over exaggerating how bad Ottawa's defense was last year. Were they bottom half sure but they weren't some giant tire fire they were around 20th in the league defensively. They were constantly chasing games because of a soft early goal. If Korpisalo can somehow figure out how to start on time then that is another story, you remove the goals he let in on the first three shots of the game last year and he was pretty average.

I saw a video of all of them a while back but I cant find it now. Oddly enough the number of goals he allowed above expected was roughly equal to the number of goals he allowed on the first 3 shots of the game.

I think Swayman is overplaying his hand by thinking he has all the leverage. He has complained many times in the last year, that he did not like the arbitration award last fall - he was the one who initiated the process not the Bruins. Did he expect that the Bruins would just give him what he wanted because he filed. The Bruins presented a case and the arbitrator agreed and Swayman bitches its unfair,

He is attempting to get even because his feelings were bruised. There are threats that he won't sign until December 1. The Bruins could reduce their offer, at December 1, to a one-year deal with the dollar value reduced to reflect missed games and tell him it is his choice to take it or not.. If he refuses Swayman gets $0 and still has two years to UFA and remains Bruins property.

Get the egos (must win by both sides) out of the way and negotiate a fair contract
That may or may not be true, there are a few calculations for UFA, if in two seasons he hits the age calculation then he is a UFA regardless, but there is a calculation that lets them get there earlier based on seasons played and that of course would be affected.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Chicklets is unreal, this sounds like it could be a wild situation. Cant wait to see it play out. I feel like you're putting the cart before the horse here in regards to comparing it to Babcock.

Absolutely not, people really weren't paying attention to how bad he was last year. And really most of his career outside of 2 or 3 outlier seasons. He is a talented athletic goalie but he has no discipline in his craft, lacks focus and is insanely mentally weak.
would love to see Sweeney say 'Sure, i'll come on the show and respond to what you are saying you are hearing, as long as you state the source of who told you, on the air.'

Reactions: bert

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
At this point let Korp play behind that bruins defense and system, watch him put up good numbers and suddenly swaymann’s a little less important to the team’s success than he may have thought he was.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
At this point let Korp play behind that bruins defense and system, watch him put up good numbers and suddenly swaymann’s a little less important to the team’s success than he may have thought he was.
You do know during the playoffs.

Swayman was 3rd in sv% with .933 and Ullmark was 20th

They had a gap of.047 and roughly 1.5 GAA gap as well.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
Reality is outside of a select few goalies, they can be wildly inconsistent. We see established starters struggle all the time in the playoffs, all you need is a goalie to go on a heater and play great team defense to stand a chance at the holy grail. HUGE risk committing 8 year and 9+million to 1 guy who doesn't even have a track record as a starter.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Swayman can ask for whatever he wants and claim to have leverage but if you are just looking at comparables there is ZERO justification for his demands. And Boston are not known to be overpaying anyone just cause the player think they have leverage and I do not think it's going to happen here.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
listen if the game plan is to pray that korpisolo is significantly better this season then its a bad bet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad