Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Playoffs he struggled so went different direction.
To be faire to Ullmark in 2023 was playing hurt(re-aggravated his groin), Swayman should have been in net after Game 3. I blame the coaching staff for that one though.

I don't blame the Bruins for going with Swayman though, groin injuries for a goalie can be a death sentence for their career.

Reactions: Dog

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
To be faire to Ullmark in 2023 was playing hurt(re-aggravated his groin), Swayman should have been in net after Game 3. I blame the coaching staff for that one though.

I don't blame the Bruins for going with Swayman though, groin injuries for a goalie can be a death sentence for their career.
Yes, it happens.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think I'd rather get a lesser pick for Ullmark than get taken to the cleaners for the next 8 years by Swayman.

Especially considering Pasta and McAvoy already have huge contracts.
Both players already underpaid and worth more then the contracts they signed.

Who knows how hard-core He Is negotiating with Swayman.

He's 25 and he's got 10 good goaltending years left.

If I'm signing a 8 year deal I wanna get paid.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Both players already underpaid and worth more then the contracts they signed.

Who knows how hard-core He Is negotiating with Swayman.

He's 25 and he's got 10 good goaltending years left.

If I'm signing a 8 year deal I wanna get paid.

But for a goalie that only played on average around 43 games a season isn't exactly going to fetch a high starting goalie level contract.

Reactions: Dog and bert

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You ok? is .903 good? Since 2017 he has had better than a .900 save percentage in two seasons. Its ok if you dont want to do any work or want to work in the realm of reality. He's a mental midget that cant make a save when a game matters.

Boston had just as bad metrics as Ottawa did last year in terms of quality shot given up. But I am sure you knew that too.

.900 is NHL average now a days.

People pointing to the metrics when watching Ottawa and Boston play D are too married to made up approximations, and I say this as a stats fan. Shot location and type is only part of what makes a given shot hard or not to save... and Boston's structure makes the same shot a hell of a lot easier than the hair on fire Ottawa D-zone coverage.

I'm not saying that Korpisalo is good, but neither are the guys like Mrazek, Husso, Allen, Vejmelka he has similar stats to over the last 5 years. But, he isn't as bad as he was in Ottawa last season, just like Forsberg isn't that bad, either. Korpisalo will be fine in a backup role and will be fine getting in a little extra work if Swayman is out the first 25 games of the season.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
.900 is NHL average now a days.

People pointing to the metrics when watching Ottawa and Boston play D are too married to made up approximations, and I say this as a stats fan. Shot location and type is only part of what makes a given shot hard or not to save... and Boston's structure makes the same shot a hell of a lot easier than the hair on fire Ottawa D-zone coverage.

I'm not saying that Korpisalo is good, but neither are the guys like Mrazek, Husso, Allen, Vejmelka he has similar stats to over the last 5 years. But, he isn't as bad as he was in Ottawa last season, just like Forsberg isn't that bad, either. Korpisalo will be fine in a backup role and will be fine getting in a little extra work if Swayman is out the first 25 games of the season.
Vejmelka I think will have better year. New location with better players added.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He really wont sign an 8 X 8 eh. Pretty wild.
Spitting Chiclets is reporting otherwise; Ryan Whitney is claiming the Bruins last apparently offered Swayman a 4 year, 6.5 million per year deal. Swayman rejected it and the Bruins apparently haven't returned his calls or messages since. Don Sweeney says Jeremy Swayman remains unsigned, rips ‘inaccurate’ reports

Which led to this tweet from Paul Bissonette

I know Chiclets isn't well liked by everyone, but the last time Biz went on the warpath like this is when he called out Mike Babcock for his weird ass behavior. People called him a clout chaser, moron etc but the truth came out and to a lot of people's shock, Biz had sources within the Jackets org feeding him the info. To be expected of a podcast that has so many ties to players both current and former.

I would be willing to bet their source here is Swayman himself. And if that's case, someone punt Donnie into the sun please.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Spitting Chiclets is reporting otherwise; Ryan Whitney is claiming the Bruins last apparently offered Swayman a 4 year, 6.5 million per year deal. Swayman rejected it and the Bruins apparently haven't returned his calls or messages since. Don Sweeney says Jeremy Swayman remains unsigned, rips ‘inaccurate’ reports

Which led to this tweet from Paul Bissonette

I know Chiclets isn't well liked by everyone, but the last time Biz went on the warpath like this is when he called out Mike Babcock for his weird ass behavior. People called him a clout chaser, moron etc but the truth came out and to a lot of people's shock, Biz had sources within the Jackets org feeding him the info. To be expected of a podcast that has so many ties to players both current and former.

I would be willing to bet their source here is Swayman himself. And if that's case, someone punt Donnie into the sun please.

Swayman did allude to a tough arbitration last summer with Boston and how it was an eye opener about the business. Not sure if feelings were simply hurt or if Sweeney doesn't play nice.

I just think back to the Boston Bruins history with Harry Sinden. Even as recent as the late 90s and early 2000s they had no qualms with walking away from Dimitri Khristich, think they dumped Jason Allison over a contract stalemate, think Bryan Smolinski and Glen Wesley were tough negotiations, Wesley signed an offer sheet with Hartford. Bruins organization just plays hard ball. I'm sure Don Sweeney and Cam Neely learned a thing or two.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Brandon Bussi will become the modern day Hamburglar.

I have no doubt Korpisalo will turn into Ullmark and Bussi will look like a Jeremy Swayman clone. So much work has been done to that Bruins blueline that if any team could avoid paying a goalie premium dollars it would be Boston.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
At risk of sounding like “old man yelling at cloud”, so many articles now are lacking basic proofreading and nearly impossible to follow. Ie. this one.
“I think it’s bull-[expletive] that somebody says I wouldn’t return a call for three weeks,” Swayman said. “There. That’s inaccurate. Was it said? Was it written? I will tell you, I don’t listen to podcasts. My son loves [Paul Bissonnette], thinks he’s fabulous. I think he’s a great entertainer.
Huh? I can figure out that they obviously mis-spelled and meant Sweeney, but if you’re someone reading that article without context, it’s confusing AF and completely alters the story.

Sorry. I’ve seen so many poorly edited, word salad articles lately…

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I have no doubt Korpisalo will turn into Ullmark and Bussi will look like a Jeremy Swayman clone.

Exactly. Instead of hugs at the end of the game they'll be bumping bums in celebration.

That calder and vezina wombo combo from the Korpibussi gang will be a legendary moment in Boston sports history!!!!!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Exactly. Instead of hugs at the end of the game they'll be bumping bums in celebration.

That calder and vezina wombo combo from the Korpibussi gang will be a legendary moment in Boston sports history!!!!!

It’s inevitable… all joking aside Ullmark and Swayman were hardly bluechip when they started their tandem super friends journey. So there’s a better than 0 chance they can replicate it with two other guys. Korpisalo has been good before in the past behind a stingy CBJ blueline. Bussi seems like a guy who has been developed with care.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Sounds like trouble in paradise for the bruins

I’m here for it!!!

About time. Bruins fans were always looking down their nose because they got lucky with a few contracts and then Bergeron decided to basically play for free one last time. About time they have a player hold out and demand more than their worth.

Ask us how it went when Willy was out till then. Bruins season over before it starts if Dec 1 is on the table

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
About time. Bruins fans were always looking down their nose because they got lucky with a few contracts and then Bergeron decided to basically play for free one last time. About time they have a player hold out and demand more than their worth.

Ask us how it went when Willy was out till then. Bruins season over before it starts if Dec 1 is on the table
It was really just the Bergeron and Marchand ones they got lucky on.

Bergeron was obviously almost impossibly valuable but the fact his point totals stayed relatively the same meant the Bruins could get away with giving him less since the raw numbers weren't there.

Marchand was just a guy who took less because he liked the situation. He could have easily cashed in big time once his explosion came post-Julien but didn't.

Pretty much every other deal/extension they signed (Krejci, Rask, Chara in the past and then McAvoy and Pastrnak in the current era) were at market value so this is more of a half-truth in my opinon.

Playoffs he struggled so went different direction.
He struggled, and the Bruins upcoming cap crunch meant they couldn't keep him even if they really wanted to.

If the Bruins didn't need that 5 million of space Ullmark was taking up, i guarantee you he's probably still there given he was really happy with the organization/situation.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad