Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
And you think Bruins management wants to head into the season with Korpisalo as their #1. That is absurd as well.

Its going a to be a 2 year deal worth 12M, or an 80M 8 year deal. And management will know next time not to bring their #1 franchise goalie to arbitration.
No way he gets 80M/8. Maybe 49M/7.

Reactions: bert

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
This doesnt even make sense. If he sits out the start of the season and Korpi and Bussi start off with a .920 s%, what happens with his leverage? He is also not getting paid and not ticking off any time until UFA.

It makes no sense because of an "IF"?

Lol

Okay so what "IF" the Bruins goalies suck? Does Swayman still have no leverage?

He has leverage either way. It can/will vary, but it's still a real thing whether you want to admit it or not.

Reactions: Burnie97

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Show me some comps at RFAs with Swayman’s resume for that.

Saros, Helly, Demko, Shesterkin all came in at 5-7 for 4-6 years with Helly having a much better resume.
And Sorokin at 8.25 is the comp here
Thats 9.9% of the cap back then.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
And Sorokin at 8.25 is the comp here
Thats 9.9% of the cap back then.
Sorokins deal starts this year. 9.38% of the cap. All 8 years are UFA years and he was already proven to handle no. 1 duties 55-60 starts for two years, including one as the Vezina runner up.

How exactly is Swayman, with 2 more years until UFA eligible and no Vezina finalist seasons, comparable to Sorokin? let alone get a deal that's a much higher 10.8% of the current cap?

Reactions: bert

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
bro should just sign a offersheet he likes, then make the bruins match it ... contract solved haha

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Sorokins deal starts this year. 9.38% of the cap. All 8 years are UFA years and he was already proven to handle no. 1 duties 55-60 starts for two years, including one as the Vezina runner up.

How exactly is Swayman, with 2 more years until UFA eligible and no Vezina finalist seasons, comparable to Sorokin? let alone get a deal that's a much higher 10.8% of the current cap?
Was not 9.38 at the time of the signature but 9.9

9.9 of 88M is 8.8M

Now add the "you toook me to arb last year and I hated it" tax.

Fact is. Swayman will not gwt strongarm in signing an 8 year deal at 6-7M, he showed already he was not interested. Its going to be either a 2 year deal so he can walk, or a deal that makes him one of the top5 paid goalie in the NHL.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK

9.9 of 88M is 8.8M

Fact is. Swayman will not gwt strongarm in signing an 8 year deal at 6-7M, he showed already he was not interested. Its going to be either a 2 year deal so he can walk, or a deal that makes him one of the top5 paid goalie in the NHL.
Its equally as likely he signs 8yr x $6-7m as it is 8x $9.5m... almost zero chance at either.

Reactions: BergyWho37

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

9.9 of 88M is 8.8M

Are you his agent? You seem to know a lot about what Swayman will do. What will not happen is a 2 year deal. You know who has leverage? Mitch Marner has leverage. He is 1 year to UFA with a NMC. You know who doesn't? Swayman with no contract and no UFA rights.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
What really should happen is a one year deal. One year 6-7 and he'd still he a RFA after the season. Prove to the Bruins you can handle a full season playing 60 games as a starter and have success and make the Bruins have no choice but to give you 8 years 80 mill. I think that's best case hypothetical for the Bruins but a one year for Swayman might be way too risky, if he has a down year then he blows any chance of getting his bag and a long term deal. I don't blame him for wanting it now and can't blame the Bruins for being hesitant to give it to him.

Reactions: Helistin

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Are you his agent? You seem to know a lot about what Swayman will do. What will not happen is a 2 year deal. You know who has leverage? Mitch Marner has leverage. He is 1 year to UFA with a NMC. You know who doesn't? Swayman with no contract and no UFA rights.
Sure bro. Bruins will start the season with Korpisalo. Realize they are terrible without a goalie... Bruins can play hardball all they want they are cooked if Swayman doesn't sign.

Swayman can sign in Europe for a year and then an OS next year

Very few teams could even offer that kind of offersheet
Lots of team can offer 2 years 6.86M$ OS.. Comp low and if Bruins march they walk him straight to UFA. Of they dont they get a late 1st and 3rd

• Haha
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Swayman wont sign an 8 yeat deal at 7M lol. A 2 year deal at 7 mayber.

If Bruins want an 8 year deal which is likelly what they want. It'll 76M +
Bruins have always signed their core guys cheap. I don't expect him to get anything starting with an 8 for AAV. That means the term comes down a bit I imagine.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
The chances are very high it’ll between 7.5 and 8.5 for 8 years if it’s less years it’ll be around 6yrs for low 7’s

I’ll see myself out now

Reactions: FMichael

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Sure bro. Bruins will start the season with Korpisalo. Realize they are terrible without a goalie... Bruins can play hardball all they want they are cooked if Swayman doesn't sign.

Lots of team can offer 2 years 6.86M$ OS.. Comp low and if Bruins march they walk him straight to UFA. Of they dont they get a late 1st and 3rd
Sure bro. seems like you figured it out. Europe for a year. Good plan.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder.

To what extent does the Boston organization attribute the recent success they've had with Ullmark (from Buffalo with no track record) and Swayman (mid round prospect) to the strong defensive system and blueline personnel they have in front of them? AKA would they be disinclined to pay Swayman like the game's elite if they think he's enhanced by the structure they have in place and they can replicate 85-90% of this success with anyone?

Pretty tough question with so much AAV on the line.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What really should happen is a one year deal. One year 6-7 and he'd still he a RFA after the season. Prove to the Bruins you can handle a full season playing 60 games as a starter and have success and make the Bruins have no choice but to give you 8 years 80 mill. I think that's best case hypothetical for the Bruins but a one year for Swayman might be way too risky, if he has a down year then he blows any chance of getting his bag and a long term deal. I don't blame him for wanting it now and can't blame the Bruins for being hesitant to give it to him.

On the Bruins end, a one year deal makes a lot of sense. You get to test drive Swayman as a number one and build up a little more track record, feel comfortable Swayman is that guy and you get a reasonable AAV for one more year, let the cap grow.

From Swayman's POV it's a roll of the dice since could get hurt, have a down year and cost himself a lot of leverage. Will be interesting to see if this goes into hold out territory and whether the Bruins just keep having success with their generic Koriposalo Bussi duo, or if things fall apart giving Swayman even more leverage.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

They can offer it, but that's not going to get swayman to sign lol

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
I wonder.

To what extent does the Boston organization attribute the recent success they've had with Ullmark (from Buffalo with no track record) and Swayman (mid round prospect) to the strong defensive system and blueline personnel they have in front of them? AKA would they be disinclined to pay Swayman like the game's elite if they think he's enhanced by the structure they have in place and they can replicate 85-90% of this success with anyone?

Pretty tough question with so much AAV on the line.
I wouldn’t say Ullmark had no track record. He posted above average (and significantly better than his platoonmates) stats on very bad Buffalo teams. The real question was if he could be a 50-60 game starter, and his time in Boston didn’t really answer that.

Reactions: wintersej

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
They can offer it, but that's not going to get swayman to sign lol

i dont know man, these guys are just people and if i thought i was worth a certain amount and my boss kept telling me im not ... after awhile its like f it .. I'll work somewhere else .. not saying it will happen as everything points to it not .. but its a possibility

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Bro you got to stop wearing your homer glasses... Swayman wants to get paid. He feels he's at a lvl higher than Sorolin who signed 8.25 when the cap was lower
He wont sign anything under 9.5

Is there a team in the league that would be happy to pay him that much money? I doubt it.

Reactions: Pengu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad