Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
How is becoming a UFA not good for his bank account?

There's another path for him: sign his qualifying offer for this year. Go into next season as an Rfa, at that point he can pretty much force a trade since he can do the 1 year QO again and be a UFA, so if he wants out the B's would pretty much have to trade him next offseason or lose him for nothing the following year.

That's IF he wants to get out, which I don't think he does. But make 3.6 for 1 year and then being traded for by a team that's willing to pay him is absolutely better for his checking account than signing for 4 years below maket price.
If he sits out, he does not get paid this year, I believe if does not sign this year by december1, he cannot sign and play for the whole season. What you are saying, sign for one year at 3.6 is a lot less than what he could sign for now, so I would say either way his pocket book is effected.

Swayman sitting out means korpisolo is starting... Trust me you do not want that
Hey, sometimes you have to play the cards you are dealt.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Who is acting like that? Swayman is asking more then he is worth based on resume and comparables. He also has no leverage as a RFA. The most likely outcome is a compromise is reached, otherwise Swayman is either in Europe or not getting paid. They certainly arent caving in to his top of he market demands or walk him to UFA. That is ridiculous.
I’m not arguing that. I’m saying you saying that Swayman has no leverage because Boston has Korpisalo and some guy on contract…like Boston does need Swayman in net for them this year lol that is his leverage.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Lmao if he had no leverage he would be signed right now. His leverage is his importance to the team. It really isn’t hard to figure out.
This doesnt even make sense. If he sits out the start of the season and Korpi and Bussi start off with a .920 s%, what happens with his leverage? He is also not getting paid and not ticking off any time until UFA.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
They have two other signed goalies. Swayman doesnt have income if he doesnt sign. He wont be getting a 2 year contract that takes him to UFA. Thats nonsense.
And you think Bruins management wants to head into the season with Korpisalo as their #1. That is absurd as well.

Its going a to be a 2 year deal worth 12M, or an 80M 8 year deal. And management will know next time not to bring their #1 franchise goalie to arbitration.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Who is acting like that? Swayman is asking more then he is worth based on resume and comparables. He also has no leverage as a RFA. The most likely outcome is a compromise is reached, otherwise Swayman is either in Europe or not getting paid. They certainly arent caving in to his top of he market demands or walk him to UFA. That is ridiculous.
Bro you got to stop wearing your homer glasses... Swayman wants to get paid. He feels he's at a lvl higher than Sorolin who signed 8.25 when the cap was lower
He wont sign anything under 9.5

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
And you think Bruins management wants to head into the season with Korpisalo as their #1. That is absurd as well.

Its going a to be a 2 year deal worth 12M, or an 80M 8 year deal. And management will know next time not to bring their #1 franchise goalie to arbitration.
They might not want to, but thats what it is looking like if Swayman doesnt lower his demands. He is not getting a 2 year deal, there is no incentive for the Bruins to do that. He also hasnt proven he is a franchise goalie that can carry a full load that he will be expected to if he wants to paid like a franchise goalie

Bro you got to stop wearing your homer glasses... Swayman wants to get paid. He feels he's at a lvl higher than Sorolin who signed 8.25 when the cap was lower
He wont sign anything under 9.5
Swayman can want and feel whatever he wants. He isnt in position to demand anything.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
How is becoming a UFA not good for his bank account?

There's another path for him: sign his qualifying offer for this year. Go into next season as an Rfa, at that point he can pretty much force a trade since he can do the 1 year QO again and be a UFA, so if he wants out the B's would pretty much have to trade him next offseason or lose him for nothing the following year.

That's IF he wants to get out, which I don't think he does. But make 3.6 for 1 year and then being traded for by a team that's willing to pay him is absolutely better for his checking account than signing for 4 years below maket price.

That path closed on July 15th.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Bruins fans actually think Korpisalo is good and are being frugal on their Swayman budget so I would pass on trusting all of us on value

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
And if they start the season and they don’t get .920 save percentage?
Depends? Is it .750 or .900? They either ride it out or pick up another goalie. They arent getting forced to give out a $10 million contract though. Meanwhile, Swayman will be skating at the local rink earning no money.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm sure he will get signed in that $7 mil range. Which is a good price for the Bruins. Just doesn't have the leverage for a monster deal quite yet.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I'm sure he will get signed in that $7 mil range. Which is a good price for the Bruins. Just doesn't have the leverage for a monster deal quite yet.
Swayman wont sign an 8 yeat deal at 7M lol. A 2 year deal at 7 mayber.

If Bruins want an 8 year deal which is likelly what they want. It'll 76M +

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Add to this that the Bruins just went out and signed two big dollar UFA contracts with Lindholm and Zadorov. Certainly Swayman sees the club spending on other players, and understands he’s more important to the club’s success than they are. So he’s for sure only signing for North of 70 million. Likely it’s an 8 year x 9 mill deal. 72 mil.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Show me some comps at RFAs with Swayman’s resume for that.

Saros, Helly, Demko, Shesterkin all came in at 5-7 for 4-6 years with Helly having a much better resume.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad