Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Trading away Ullmark gave Swayman a lot of leverage. Easier said than done but if I were the Bs I wouldn’t have traded Ullmark until after Swayman signed. Swayman is a great goalie but not irreplaceable and still voodoo like 99% of other goalies. Giving him a huge long term deal would be a mistake.

If Swayman would accept that wouldn’t he be signed by now?
Leverage .....................this is the most important word in the discussion.
Swayman has it right now.
Swayman seems to think he represents the goalie fraternity, and it's on him to get a big deal so all goalies can fall in line thanks to him and his agent....
Seems crazy.

If they don't get it done, and the Bruins struggle out of the gate Swayman keeps his leverage.....if the Bruins sprint out of the gate, Swayman loses all leverage and probably gets his butt traded??

I would think it gets settled, but at this point, it seems 50-50

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Korpisalo will have better numbers than Ullmark this season. Not because he's better but because the Sens defense is near ECHL level in quality.

Ullmark had one amazing season playing behind the best regular season team of all time, last season he had already reverted back to his normal numbers from his Buffalo years. He also couldn't be trusted to get starts in the playoffs.

I was going to say that you were crazy, then I looked up the Sens defense.

Good post.

Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Has anyone leaked what Swayman is asking for?

Reading through this thread I think everyone is understating what the ask could be here.

Swayman should be asking to be the highest paid goalie in the league. The Price and Bob contracts were signed YEARS ago, and goalie contracts are set to go up.

Why should swayman ask for less than Vasilevskiy or Hellebuyck?

I think swayman might be asking for $11m and I think he should be

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

Reading through this thread I think everyone is understating what the ask could be here.

Swayman should be asking to be the highest paid goalie in the league. The Price and Bob contracts were signed YEARS ago, and goalie contracts are set to go up.

You're out of your mind. $11 million. get real.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
You're out of your mind. $11 million. get real.

If he signs for $6m he’s getting cucked

No reason he wouldn’t be asking for at least vasi numbers and a good chance that goalie contracts stagnated at $10m on the high end for too long

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Im a Leaf fan and while I like Swayman, he doesnt have the body of work. Id offer 2 years at $5M and let him prove it. He only beat the Leafs because they played Samsonov too much.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Im a Leaf fan and while I like Swayman, he doesnt have the body of work. Id offer 2 years at $5M and let him prove it. He only beat the Leafs because they played Samsonov too much.
Going from memory, Swayman was the Bruins best player in that series.

I see either a short term deal at a solid rate(6.5-7), or a long term deal at Vasi+.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Vasilevskiy's current contract was signed in July 2019, which was after the 1st round humiliation against Columbus, and before any Cups, though. TB has only 1 Cup under his current deal.
Also after winning the presidents trophy with 128 points and Vezina.

Last edited:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

He wants the McAvoy deal and they are offering him 6.5 or something

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If he signs for $6m he’s getting cucked

No reason he wouldn’t be asking for at least vasi numbers and a good chance that goalie contracts stagnated at $10m on the high end for too long

Vasi had a Vezina and two other top 3 finishes when he sighed his deal, as well as having started up to 65 games in a season.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

Vasilevskiy just came off a 44 win season and then won the Vezina a month before signing that contract in 2019.

Bobrovsky had two Vezinas (14 & 17) and was lights out for Columbus putting up some of his best numbers in a contract year leading up to his contract which he signed as a FA in 2019.

Hellebuyck won a Vezina in 2020 and has put up All-Star level numbers year after year before signing his extension in 2023.

I think Swayman will be talked about similarly to these guys at some point but comparing him to these players now is putting the cart before the horse.

Each of them had multiple years of All-Star level stats, at least one Vezina, and this tiny little thing Swayman has just accomplished this year which is being considered the de facto starter.

I think the guys you listed and their resumes are reasons why the B’s look at Hellebuyck and argue that Swayman hasn’t passed him yet so why should he be paid more than that guy when the ink on Hellebuyck’s contract is barely even dry.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Yikes........................11M seems way off. I thought I read he was asking for 9.5M and we all know that's code for 8-8.5M and that's where he will probably end up..............Bruins may move into the 7.5M neighborhood also.
50-50 crapshoot right now guys.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Vasy and Bob both have Cups. Can't see how he thinks he deserves more than Hellebuyck

FFS he's won one playoff series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad