OT: ~The Beer, Spirits, & Nightlife Thread V5~ Time For Good Beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Found this at the Moon Giant Eagle. Yeahhhh!

I ended up buying a case of 4 of them. We had a pretty sweet taste test at my brothers house w/ tons of different beers. The sours were getting tons of love. 3 sampler packs down. 1 left in my fridge.

I love mixing the red/pales together. Seriously makes a great sour.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Were there many left? May need to pick that up

Yeah there were 4 left I think.

I ended up buying a case of 4 of them. We had a pretty sweet taste test at my brothers house w/ tons of different beers. The sours were getting tons of love. 3 sampler packs down. 1 left in my fridge.

I didn't get a case...spent too much money elsewhere today :laugh:

Gonna get a case for our Christmas party. Looking forward to trying it then!

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Glad to hear you liked the pack. I need to go pick some up for Christmas parties.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh

I didn't get a case...spent too much money elsewhere today :laugh:

Gonna get a case for our Christmas party. Looking forward to trying it then!

I might have to stop over there tomorrow and take a look for that.

Has anybody had Dogfishhead Beer for Breakfast? I've been looking to try it on tap, but saw 6 packs of it at Giant Eagle.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I might have to stop over there tomorrow and take a look for that.

Has anybody had Dogfishhead Beer for Breakfast? I've been looking to try it on tap, but saw 6 packs of it at Giant Eagle.

I've been wanting to try that. DFH's Tuxedo Pale Ale is very ****ing solid though. I had Stone's Xocoveza Mocha Porter, it was alright but tasted more like a typical over-spiced pumpkin beer

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

Picked one up yesterday! Was curious if anyone had any pointers before I experiment. What you liked/disliked/anything else not in the booklet. Excited to try it as I haven't had many sours, but I enjoyed the ones I tried

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
I've been wanting to try that. DFH's Tuxedo Pale Ale is very ****ing solid though. I had Stone's Xocoveza Mocha Porter, it was alright but tasted more like a typical over-spiced pumpkin beer

I ended up grabbing some last weekend. I enjoyed it. There is an interesting smokey flavor in addition to what you would normally find in a breakfast stout.

I had been trying to find the Stone Xocoveza, but no luck yet.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Finally found a bottle of this stuff at the liquor store by my apartment last night....

oiwv4o.jpg

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Randomly found some Troeg's Master of Pumpkins while picking up some Saugatuck Blueberry Maple Stout. Both are pretty good. I had Saugatuck's Neopolitan Milk Stout a few weeks ago, and it's worth a try as well.

Have a bomber of Delirium Noel from last year to drink tonight or tomorrow.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I dumped ~20 bottles of beer down the drain last night.

I need to drink more...too many great beers skunked on me :cry:

I have a Delirium Nocturnum set aside for today...which will be my first drink at home since Halloween.

What the hell happened to me?

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Nothing absurdly rare or anything, it was mostly from the time I bought out Bevmo's stock of Moose Drool. That and some holiday brews from a couple years ago that were hiding under my sink.

You're on the west coast yeah, Big? Do you get any microbrews down your way from Victoria (Canada)?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
You're on the west coast yeah, Big? Do you get any microbrews down your way from Victoria (Canada)?

Unless you're talking about the big ones, microbrews don't really cross the border much. Outside of stuff like Unibroue I don't recall seeing much from Canada even when living in Montana.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Full Pint Festivus is one of the better seasonals I've had in a while.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Unless you're talking about the big ones, microbrews don't really cross the border much. Outside of stuff like Unibroue I don't recall seeing much from Canada even when living in Montana.

Unibroue gets you drunk pretty quick. 9%! My favourite beer is from Phillips on Vancouver Island. Bottle Rocket is a great ISA.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
"First squeeze" of Nugget is scheduled for January 9th. Should start seeing some in stores in a few weeks.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Cracked open my first bottle of Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva rum last night.

Wow, it was insanely good. :D Although it's pretty sweet though so after 2 glasses I was done.

I'll definately be pairing it with cigars ASAP though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad