Online Series: The Bear(Season 3, June 27th, 2024)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm 99.9% certain we had a thread going for previous seasons but haven't been able to find it in a search at all(Maybe I have the poster who made the thread blocked).

But, season 3 of The Bear dropped tonight. I'm about to start episode 1.

For my money this has been the best show on TV the last couple of years. Very excited for Season 3.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm 99.9% certain we had a thread going for previous seasons but haven't been able to find it in a search at all(Maybe I have the poster who made the thread blocked).

But, season 3 of The Bear dropped tonight. I'm about to start episode 1.

For my money this has been the best show on TV the last couple of years. Very excited for Season 3.

Did they drop the whole season or are they going week to week?

ACLEVERNAME

HANDS
Jan 6, 2010
Napkins (episode 6) was fantastic. I'd put it up there with Forks from season 2. Love me some in-depth character development.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Whole season.

2 episodes in. I f***ing love this show.
Interesting. I'm 2 eps in and I'm thinking "when is the season going to start"? Too much pure set-up for my taste. They did this last year too. I'd much rather have more current plot in all episodes than have the lengthy hyper stylish prologue. It shouldn't take 2 full episodes to get the band back together.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Interesting. I'm 2 eps in and I'm thinking "when is the season going to start"? Too much pure set-up for my taste. They did this last year too. I'd much rather have more current plot in all episodes than have the lengthy hyper stylish prologue. It shouldn't take 2 full episodes to get the band back together.

You're not going to like this season very much.

ACLEVERNAME

HANDS
Jan 6, 2010
Just finished. Fantastic. It's a slow burn to the lead up. Napkins was fantastic but Ice Chips was a work of art. I felt it in my heart watching it. Jamie Lee and Abby Elliotte deserve accolades for their performance. Hands down best show since The Wire.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
I wanted wait until I finish the whole season before commenting.

The highlights: Tomorrow, Napkins, Forever.
The lowlights: John Cena, The Faks...my goodness the Faks are annoying. They were alright in small doses in the first two seasons, but this season it felt like they upped their bickering for the sake of adding to the chaos and anxiety of the show and doesn't really move the story along.

In the last episode, did I see a picture of Bradley Cooper? Seemed like a random inclusion. Other than that, it was great to hear famous chefs sit down together and talk about how they started, and how they developed their passion for cooking.

And man, I really wish Carmy had punched those stupid glasses off Joel McHale when they met in the hallway.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Finished it over the weekend.

Definitely a step back from seasons 1 and 2. But still a really solid season and would be top tier for just about any other series right now.

My two biggest issues were that A) We didn't get enough actual kitchen chaos time, the character development overall was good but I feel like they got away from what made the show so fantastic to begin with, the chaos in the kitchen. And then B) The feud between Ritchie and Carmy felt forced the longer it went on. First few episodes it felt natural, but the more it went on with them practically refusing to interact or acknowledge each other for the entire season(Which was also like 2 months in time) it started to feel forced. Especially based on their interactions in the first two seasons, I just have a real hard time they wouldn't have patched things up by the end of the season. Especially by the time they attended the funeral meal in the finale.

I thought John Cena was awesome honestly. I get that the Faks were a bit much overall this season, but I thought John Cena played his role so well. I dunno if his cameo was leaked or anything before but I was completely shocked when he showed up and thoroughly enjoyed his appearance. The "Haunting" was definitely a contributing factor in the Faks getting to be too much afterwards though.

Still gets a solid 8/10 for me, but Season 1 and 2 were arguably both 10/10s in my books(I'd probably give Season 1 a 9.5, Season 2 a legit 10/10) so its definitely a step back, from "The best series going right now" to very good.

I am going to be very curious to see how Season 3 feels once Season 4 releases though. I read they wrote both seasons together and filmed them back to back, and that if you treat Season 3 more as a 3A, and then Season 4 as 3B, a lot of what takes place begins to make more sense.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, I felt this season was a bit too focused on cinematography and not enough on the plot and character arc. We didn't really get any resolutions to anything this season either. I enjoyed a lot of it still but it felt like a filler season which some great episodes rather than anything that meaningfully propelled the story forward.

Reactions: Jovavic

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Absolutely love this show! I'm a foodie so love this insight (which I've heard is quite accurate) to the fine dining restaurant.

Just watched the first episode of the 3rd season and holy hell that was one of the most beautiful episodes I've ever seen. Kind of an episode where you can say so much without saying nothing at all. It didn't take our journey any further where we were but I feel like I just took a whole journey. I'm too old to use this term but this was CINEMA!

I'm going to savor this season a bit, so I'll probably do an episode or two a week...so excited for what's to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad