OT: The Avalounge: Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Hey Shermola I'm going to see Manchester Orchestra

It's on a Sunday in a terrible venue, but I'm sure it'll be lovely

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Went to an Arcade Fire show last night as a part of the InMusic Festival here in Zagreb. Absolutely amazing energy and performance from them as per usual. Others like Michael Kiwanuka were pretty good as well. Kings of Leon have a tall order in front of them today if they want to one up the mad folk from Canada.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Went to an Arcade Fire show last night as a part of the InMusic Festival here in Zagreb. Absolutely amazing energy and performance from them as per usual. Others like Michael Kiwanuka were pretty good as well. Kings of Leon have a tall order in front of them today if they want to one up the mad folk from Canada.

Magnificent live band

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I've bantered about this before on here, but it seems all but official I will be living in the land of bagged milk by 2019. I get the kicker of potentially choosing where I want to be and not limited to Alberta.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Us Americans like to make fun to the bagged milk that used to be common up there. I haven't seen it in a while, thought I don't shop for milk all that often when I'm in Canada.

Lol I had no idea we bagged milk. It's never been the case in my 25 years in Newfoundland.

That's pretty cool though dude! What places would you consider. Toronto/Vancouver/Montreal are obviously the big 3 but I can honestly say my favorite Canadian city is Halifax.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Lol I had no idea we bagged milk. It's never been the case in my 25 years in Newfoundland.

That's pretty cool though dude! What places would you consider. Toronto/Vancouver/Montreal are obviously the big 3 but I can honestly say my favorite Canadian city is Halifax.

I've seen it mostly in Ontario and Quebec. I don't think I've ever seen it in Alberta or BC.

Vancouver is out solely based on cost, and I'm not a fan of living around ~3-4+ million people. Beyond that I really don't know. I don't know if I could forever leave the rocky mountains... so various places in Alberta and BC will be in the running. That said I absolutely love Quebec (my poor French skills hold me back there). Halifax would definitely be in the running. Travel makes it a bit difficult there, but that is pretty minor all things considered.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've seen it mostly in Ontario and Quebec. I don't think I've ever seen it in Alberta or BC.

Vancouver is out solely based on cost, and I'm not a fan of living around ~3-4+ million people. Beyond that I really don't know. I don't know if I could forever leave the rocky mountains... so various places in Alberta and BC will be in the running. That said I absolutely love Quebec (my poor French skills hold me back there). Halifax would definitely be in the running. Travel makes it a bit difficult there, but that is pretty minor all things considered.
I personally think Kelowna is very pretty city and reasonably populated right in the middle of the rocky mountains. Of course it matters if you can get a job there.

I also wouldn't worry about language. I love learning linguistics and stuff like that and through my knowledge; people who move to different parts of the world tend to have to pick up native languages' fairly quick. Most notably due to it being a necessity besides learning it as a "hobby". I spent three months in Italy and learned like a good quarter of the language during my stay there as it was essential to learn some.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I personally think Kelowna is very pretty city and reasonably populated right in the middle of the rocky mountains. Of course it matters if you can get a job there.

I also wouldn't worry about language. I love learning linguistics and stuff like that and through my knowledge; people who move to different parts of the world tend to have to pick up native languages' fairly quick. Most notably due to it being a necessity besides learning it as a "hobby". I spent three months in Italy and learned like a good quarter of the language during my stay there as it was essential to learn some.

This is pretty much the same job as I have now, but Canadian operations have stepped up dramatically since the election and I'll pretty much be running the show in the country instead of splitting my time. So the job is secured.

Kelowna is one of the places I'd likely check out. BC in general is kind of absurd real estate wise all over, but it is a gorgeous place.

I know enough French to get by now, but it is the nuance that I miss. I can easily get by in the bigger cities... it is the smaller places that I'd have trouble with. Though I'm sure I could learn, and know enough people there that would help me along.

member 116861

Come live with me

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
0.jpg

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Us Americans like to make fun to the bagged milk that used to be common up there. I haven't seen it in a while, thought I don't shop for milk all that often when I'm in Canada.

Yup! Had bags of milk growing up for probably 5, 6 years. Can still get bags of milk too.

That's cool though, don't have much experience out West but Halifax was/is my stomping grounds growing up and when I come back home to visit, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand

No style, needs to spruce that up a lot!

Amazing the variations on the tuk-tuk around Asia etc. Even just country to country (when the countries are smaller than most states/provinces). That one looks to be Indian. Cambodia is a trailer behind a motorbike (under 125cc). Thailand is something in between those two, and Laos is like the Thai one, but with a bigger motorcycle as the base. And msot of them everywhere I have seen are decorated to greater or lesser extent...and some are rolling mini-discos, lights music and all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad