OT: The Avalounge: No Politics in the Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Lets try again

Just a reminder that political Discussion is NOT PERMITTED on HF .

4) Threadjacking/OT/Politics: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only. Political discussion is not permitted on the forums except within the narrowly defined scope of hockey-related matters.

What the bold part means is that any politic talk is a no-go unless it's hochey related.

And there's this on top of each pages since yesterday :

politics.JPG

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I have no idea how I was able to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog as a kid, I see it now and I get scared like hell.

Reactions: Avs91

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I vote that meatballs are overrated. Sausage is the far superior meat accompaniment to pasta. Who's with me?

...is this allowed?

Reactions: Thghtfulshadow

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Whatever else 2020 has been, it has been a great year for metal music. I'm putting together my top 50 albums for the year and I can already tell a lot of really good albums are going to fall outside even a top 50 list for me. It may have sucked in every other way imaginable but at least I still have music.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Whatever else 2020 has been, it has been a great year for metal music. I'm putting together my top 50 albums for the year and I can already tell a lot of really good albums are going to fall outside even a top 50 list for me. It may have sucked in every other way imaginable but at least I still have music.

I'd be interested to see this list. I have a hard time finding good music these days.

I like a lot of different music including older metal from the 80's and early 90's but I'm not a big fan of nu metal or some of the newer stuff, so I'd be interested to see what you think some of the better stuff lately is.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I vote that meatballs are overrated. Sausage is the far superior meat accompaniment to pasta. Who's with me?

...is this allowed?
I'm gonna disagree here. Buuutt I will say sausage is a safer pick and a bad meatball really is not that great, whereas sausage is never that bad.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'd be interested to see this list. I have a hard time finding good music these days.

I like a lot of different music including older metal from the 80's and early 90's but I'm not a big fan of nu metal or some of the newer stuff, so I'd be interested to see what you think some of the better stuff lately is.
I like a ton of power metal, which is inspired by Iron Maiden and the like, so you may end up being a fan of some of it. That and symphonic metal are going to be the bulk of my list, they're my favorite genres and that's heavily reflected in the final list.

It was also a pretty good year for thrash and death metal, although that could also be because I spent much of the year in the mood for something darker and more aggressive. There's few things as cathartic as a thrash album when you're pissed off.

I could post the list here when I'm done if there's interest. There are a handful of December releases I'm interested in so I won't be sure about the list until then. It's always been intended for my metalhead friend group and some of the metal communities I'm involved in outside of here, I didn't think anyone would care on this board.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I like a ton of power metal, which is inspired by Iron Maiden and the like, so you may end up being a fan of some of it. That and symphonic metal are going to be the bulk of my list, they're my favorite genres and that's heavily reflected in the final list.

It was also a pretty good year for thrash and death metal, although that could also be because I spent much of the year in the mood for something darker and more aggressive. There's few things as cathartic as a thrash album when you're pissed off.

I could post the list here when I'm done if there's interest. There are a handful of December releases I'm interested in so I won't be sure about the list until then. It's always been intended for my metalhead friend group and some of the metal communities I'm involved in outside of here, I didn't think anyone would care on this board.

Nice, I was a fan of Maiden when I was younger and still am. I would imagine I'm not the only one interested in hearing your list. Even if it's completely subjective.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nice, I was a fan of Maiden when I was younger and still am. I would imagine I'm not the only one interested in hearing your list. Even if it's completely subjective.
Oh it is completely subjective, and based on my somewhat eclectic tastes besides. I think all musical taste is essentially subjective. Except for @MonsterMack who is objectively wrong. :sarcasm:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

...is this allowed?

start making your meatballs with 1/2 meat 1/2 sausage in them....(really good, trust me)....and subbing out bread crumbs for saltine crackers - game changer

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Fun fact: Here "sausage" refers only to sausage links or hot-dogs. People simply don't eat the kind of sausage meat that you guys have in the US. We pretty much only see that at McDonalds and on top of imported frozen pizzas.

Always a bit weird when I see recipes with like "1/2 lb of sausage" in lasagna or meatballs.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
start making your meatballs with 1/2 meat 1/2 sausage in them....(really good, trust me)....and subbing out bread crumbs for saltine crackers - game changer

Yeah in my experience sausage only comes in links, so that would mean chopping up a sausage to mix with ground meat.

Also, who in their right mind uses saltine crackers in meatballs? I actually love to cook and make pretty good meatballs (bread crumbs, egg, lots of seasoning), but a good high-quality sausage (without bits of bone and gristle) that's been chopped up and fried; very few things elevate a simple pasta dish like that.

I'm gonna disagree here. Buuutt I will say sausage is a safer pick and a bad meatball really is not that great, whereas sausage is never that bad.

I'd say it's a muuuuuuch safer pick. The majority of meatballs I've eaten in my life have been too dry, overcooked, and/or underseasoned. I've had bad sausages too, of course, but at least they pretty much always have good flavor, even if they're sometimes also dry and overcooked, or full of bone and gristle. If you're choosing all the ingredients yourself and cooking them yourself, I'd always vote sausage. A nice, pure pork sausage direct from a butcher, with just the right mix of meat and fat... mmmm..

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Fun fact: Here "sausage" refers only to sausage links or hot-dogs. People simply don't eat the kind of sausage meat that you guys have in the US. We pretty much only see that at McDonalds and on top of imported frozen pizzas.

Always a bit weird when I see recipes with like "1/2 lb of sausage" in lasagna or meatballs.
I know yeah, "my favorite pizza topping is sausage". No, that's not a pizza topping.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

I just saw a Dark Tranquility single in my Spotify new releases. I imagine that's of interest. Not quite my style, but I've been listening to the Lamb of God album a lot.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I just saw a Dark Tranquility single in my Spotify new releases. I imagine that's of interest. Not quite my style, but I've been listening to the Lamb of God album a lot.
Yeah, I love Dark Tranquillity. Amazingly consistent band, they're one of my all time favorites. That one is due out next Friday. I believe. Lamb of God is great too, that one looks like it will make the cut for my list. They were the anger anthem I needed for 2020.

Reactions: Murzu

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah in my experience sausage only comes in links, so that would mean chopping up a sausage to mix with ground meat.

Also, who in their right mind uses saltine crackers in meatballs? I actually love to cook and make pretty good meatballs (bread crumbs, egg, lots of seasoning), but a good high-quality sausage (without bits of bone and gristle) that's been chopped up and fried; very few things elevate a simple pasta dish like that.

Don't knock it until you've tried it - it's the only time I ever buy saltine crackers. I actually got the recipe off America's Test Kitchen who is quite reputable.

And yes, you would have to cut into the casings in the sausages, remove the sausage and mix it in.

Here's the recipe I have used my meatballs from - it's for a meatloaf, but their mix makes much better meatballs than meatloaf (as others have commented on the recipe as well) - Italian Meatloaf | Cook's Country

Reactions: MarkT

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Don't knock it until you've tried it - it's the only time I ever buy saltine crackers. I actually got the recipe off America's Test Kitchen who is quite reputable.

And yes, you would have to cut into the casings in the sausages, remove the sausage and mix it in.

Here's the recipe I have used my meatballs from - it's for a meatloaf, but their mix makes much better meatballs than meatloaf (as others have commented on the recipe as well) - Italian Meatloaf | Cook's Country

Interesting. I'll look into it, but it looks like that website requires a membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad