OT: The Avalounge (mod warning - No Politics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is hilarious to me. At some point possession is 9/10ths of the law. Your post reminded me that I have a friend who borrowed (and never returned) my Red Alert 2 CDs for PC.

For me to ask them for them back at this point would be embarrassing for me.

Thanks, maybe he thinks I'm good enough friend to give it back, which I would absolutely do. I don't care about the game and I haven't played a Genesis game in like 3 years. So it's like 0.001% less clutter for me, but I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks he is being stupid AF. It's not like I even took it in the first place, he left it at my house...

Reactions: The Moops

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Take a sledgehammer to the game and give it to him in a paper bag. Tell him oops I’m sorry.

You’ll never see him again - and you’re welcome.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So last month, I reconvened with one of my good childhood friends. First time I've seen him in ten years and had a great time. We talked about all the great things in the past as well as what we're doing nowadays. Good time. Well, we were on the topic of games and we both had a fun conversation of a random Sega Genesis game he left at my house like 15 or so years ago.

Well, I'm meeting him sometime next week and he texted me if I could bring that 10 dollar Genesis game back. FML. I'm totally fine to return it because it's his, but that is some big time respect points lost for asking for a 15+ year game. It sucks because I thought he was above that, but I guess people are...unique in their own way. What are you lots thoughts about this? It should not be bugging me, but it kind of is. The bloke is way more wealthy I am and if he was so desperate, it's on eBay for 20 bucks, but he might be one of those penny pinching rich blokes. I'm just glad I don't have that type of personality.

No idea lol. I never followed Rhapsody's story. For some reason I can't really get into a lot of those nerd metal bands anymore. I still like the music, don't get me wrong, but something seems off to me.
Meet up with your friend. Take the game. Place it on the table… and hammer it into 50 pieces.

Take a sledgehammer to the game and give it to him in a paper bag. Tell him oops I’m sorry.

You’ll never see him again - and you’re welcome.
I’m too drunk to realize my idea was taken 7 hours ago.

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Day three of my marathon is tonight. In my 25 years of being a metalhead, I've never attempted anything like this. Here's my concert schedule:

8/29 - Lamb of God @ Red Rocks
8/30 - Riot
8/31 - Powerwolf + Unleash the Archers
9/1 - Day Off
9/2 - Nervosa + Lich King
9/3 - Fly to Atlanta
9/4-9/7 - ProgPower USA Festival

Ten days. Eight concerts. 36 bands. It's going to either be absolutely epic, or it's going to kill me. We'll see which one at the end of it.

How was Nervosa live?

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
So last month, I reconvened with one of my good childhood friends. First time I've seen him in ten years and had a great time. We talked about all the great things in the past as well as what we're doing nowadays. Good time. Well, we were on the topic of games and we both had a fun conversation of a random Sega Genesis game he left at my house like 15 or so years ago.

Well, I'm meeting him sometime next week and he texted me if I could bring that 10 dollar Genesis game back. FML. I'm totally fine to return it because it's his, but that is some big time respect points lost for asking for a 15+ year game. It sucks because I thought he was above that, but I guess people are...unique in their own way. What are you lots thoughts about this? It should not be bugging me, but it kind of is. The bloke is way more wealthy I am and if he was so desperate, it's on eBay for 20 bucks, but he might be one of those penny pinching rich blokes. I'm just glad I don't have that type of personality.

No idea lol. I never followed Rhapsody's story. For some reason I can't really get into a lot of those nerd metal bands anymore. I still like the music, don't get me wrong, but something seems off to me.
I'm surprised you still have the game tbh, and ya definitely a weird request. The only thing I can think of is maybe there's some nostagia/sentimental value to him now that he knows where it is.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Day three of my marathon is tonight. In my 25 years of being a metalhead, I've never attempted anything like this. Here's my concert schedule:

8/29 - Lamb of God @ Red Rocks
8/30 - Riot
8/31 - Powerwolf + Unleash the Archers
9/1 - Day Off
9/2 - Nervosa + Lich King
9/3 - Fly to Atlanta
9/4-9/7 - ProgPower USA Festival

Ten days. Eight concerts. 36 bands. It's going to either be absolutely epic, or it's going to kill me. We'll see which one at the end of it.
So...Did you make it through all 36 bands?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Hey buddy, I have no idea what he was thinking, but could it be that he just wants a larger rush of nostalgia after having reconnected with you and was simply hoping to relive those years a bit by replaying the game? I have no idea what game it was, so I have no clue it it is something he could easily order a new copy of or not. The Genesis is getting long in the tooth and I have no clue what the market is like for games on that system these days.

Kind of a weird request regardless, but since y'all just reconnected thought I'd try to give you a little more positive perspective.

Reactions: S E P H

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
How was Nervosa live?
Pretty damn sick. I'm a recent convert to them, so I didn't know a lot about their back catalogue, but damn do they know how to write a thrash riff. They didn't do a whole lot of crowd banter, just pretty much ran through a 75 minute set of neck breaking thrash and said goodnight.

So...Did you make it through all 36 bands?
No joke, with about 2.5 songs left on the very last band Saturday, I hit the wall hard. 0% battery, I just kind of slumped in my seat for the end of the set. I never imagined I would be thankful for a band I like that much NOT playing an encore. I spent every last ounce of my energy in that stretch.

It was 100% worth it, though. I couldn't have done it without the help of my dear friends, Aleve and No-Doz. Now if only I had a week off to recover from my week off.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Pretty damn sick. I'm a recent convert to them, so I didn't know a lot about their back catalogue, but damn do they know how to write a thrash riff. They didn't do a whole lot of crowd banter, just pretty much ran through a 75 minute set of neck breaking thrash and said goodnight.

No joke, with about 2.5 songs left on the very last band Saturday, I hit the wall hard. 0% battery, I just kind of slumped in my seat for the end of the set. I never imagined I would be thankful for a band I like that much NOT playing an encore. I spent every last ounce of my energy in that stretch.

It was 100% worth it, though. I couldn't have done it without the help of my dear friends, Aleve and No-Doz. Now if only I had a week off to recover from my week off.
Man, that is such a crazy schedule though. I both envy and pity you at the same time right now. *LOL* It'll be all envy in about 15 minutes though. I recover quickly. Hope you do too!

Reactions: McMetal

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I hear cocaine cures this. I know a Russian hookup.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Impressed they managed to actually get this right (+ Hacks and Jean Smart). Figured they’d screw it all up after allowing The Bear to continue pretending it’s a comedy. How it manages to be in that category but an actual comedy in Bad Sisters (black comedy is under appreciated) was classed as a drama last year is a mystery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad