OT: The Avalounge - come to the dork side of the force; the cookies are all gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
It was a nice break, but back to hell starting tomorrow.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Is that just me or do others actually say it? :laugh:

Seriously though, how curious are you to know what his real life was like each of those years?

Had a couple friends who've seen it mention the seeming lack of direction.

I bet the kid did actually have a pretty interesting life. I wonder if they took events that actually happened and added them to the movie.

Also headed back to school tomorrow. One more hell semester then it's easy mode.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Things don't have to have plots to be entertaining in watch. Case in point, we're all hockey fans. Do hockey games have plots?

The fact that they don't is actually what makes them appealing to me (as well as sports in general). Yes a lot of individual matchups are predictable but there are often upsets. It's not like the best team in the NHL goes 82-0 and the worst team goes 0-82.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I dont watch a lot of movies/tv so it's not that I need to have a story fed to me. I'm actually a big fan of documentary/reality type things so I totally understand the point about life being good enough to be the story. I've watched so many of those type of things where they follow a group of people through their lives. The 7 Up series, Married in America, High School Confidential, Real World back when it had a point, Teen Mom (don't laugh), I've seen literally hundreds of True Lifes, hell even I love Big Brother because it's really a show about people more than it is a game. I just felt like in Boyhood they could have used their incredible resources better. But you guys that loved it nothing wrong with that, I enjoyed it myself.

Sports is the ultimate reality tv.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I'm pretty stoked about making $250 from writing last month I have no idea how others do it as a main source of income.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Posting from school computer, I'm so cool!!!!

Never knew how annoying these ads were.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If u guys want a good watch that's documentary stylio check out McConkey. Amazing and it's on Netflix. U can thank me later

McConkey is a hero of mine.

hqdefault.jpg

If any of you guys are into ski movies at all check out G.N.A.R. It's well worth your time.

I believe you can still find it on the web streaming for free.

EDIT: It is. http://vimeo.com/18809446

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
If you guys are still going to every lecture and stuff then you haven't figured out how to beat college yet.

member 116861

If you guys are still going to every lecture and stuff then you haven't figured out how to beat college yet.

I went from a C student in high school to a B+/A- student in college. I'm not changing anything, what I'm doing is working.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I only went to class about 50% of the time while in college. I made sure to take classes that didn't count attendance and tests were the vast majority of the grade. Ended with a 3.57 GPA. :yo:

I also got an accounting degree, so it is really simple and easy stuff... 3.57 isn't impressive. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad