The Atlantic: NHL’s Okay-est division

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Good news is the Wings have played like garbage and are 4-3, usually when they are garbage it's more like 1-5-1 or 0-6-1.

Bad news they have played like shit.

I'm also not too bothered about two losses being from the Rangers who have been killing everyone.

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
It does kindof suck. Boston has to regress at some point. Tor will accept one day that this core isnt doing it and they need actual D and G. Florida is legit. Ill give Ott the maybe because their young guys have to put it together eventually. Everyone else sucks

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Crazy that’s your takeaway in a post about 8 different teams. Not everything is a personal attack on the leafs
I thought the exact same thing. Weird response and take away, but leaf fans are so used to getting dumped on they look for it everywhere even if it doesn’t exist.

The only thing I was trying to comment (and my OP was def too long and rambly) was this:

“Going into the season, the Atlantic div looked like the scariest division. So far it’s looked absolutely meh”.

Like others have said, still early. But right now the mehs are off the charts.

As far as point totals being low because of inter division cannibalism of points - Atlantic as a whole has played the least amount of games within the div. More games vs metro and the west.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
This division gets more “mid” with each passing day. 2 pt spread from 2nd to 8th. Everyone’s 4-4-1. lol. They all almost have identical goals for…..so weird.

Attachments

• IMG_2481.jpeg
    IMG_2481.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 1

PuckPuckGoose

Apr 26, 2022
Any objective person looking at Toronto realized they were a weaker team this season than last season. Plus the Leafs suffer chronically from being soft, fragile and heartless.

They played two seasons over their heads. Last season and this current one is simply reversion to mediocrity...a regression to normalcy.
You are anything but objective. I see you bring up Toronto in every thread you possibly can, whether they're on topic or not. It's obsessive behavior.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This division gets more “mid” with each passing day. 2 pt spread from 2nd to 8th. Everyone’s 4-4-1. lol. They all almost have identical goals for…..so weird.
Not sure why people don't understand that the more competitive teams are the more points get spread out.
Boston beat Montreal and Toronto
Buffalo beat Detroit and Florida
Ottawa beat Tampa and Florida
Montreal beat Ottawa and Toronto

These teams are taking points from eachother. Other divisions look less "mid" because they have punching bags like Philly, Chicago, San Jose etc.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010

These guys read this forum? lol.

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
Dammit, we almost made it through October without a "the east sucks" thread

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
As a bruin fan I'm very worried. F ugly! This may be the year Sens and Sabres bounce one or more the bruins leafs or bolts. Panthers gearing up for another cup.
Putting on my Bruins fan hat- It's been a bumpy start to the season but far too early to be seriously worried. I ain't sweating it. Can they beat Florida or the Rangers in the playoffs? To me, it'll feel like winning the cup if they do. I don't expect great things.

Putting on my Sabres fan hat- be afraid. Be very afraid! (But seriously, I doubt the Sabres make it this season but you never know)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Prior to the season it looked like this division would be stacked with potential SC contenders (FLA, TOR, BOS), as well as good to great teams vying for playoffs (TB, OTT, BUF, DET), heck even the rebuild team in Mtl looked improved and would not be a free space on the bingo card this year.

About 10% through the season, it is looking quite a bit different, with a few exceptions.

The only legit contender is looking like FLA

After that there are 6 okay/good teams with not a lot of distance from top to bottom in:

OTT, bos, tor, tb, det, buf - any 2 or 3 of these could make the playoffs. I think OTT has looked the best of the bunch. Tor could
Miss the playoffs and I wouldn’t be surprised now. I considered them a legit cup contender in sept.

Mtl is still fitting the bill, improved rebuild team that has a chance to win each night, if they decide to play defense that evening.

Is this division only going to have 3 playoff teams - with 2 wcs going to the Metro?

The Atlantic has definitely been the most surprising division so far this year in just how “meh” it has looked.

If I had to guess now I’d have FLA, OTT and TB making the playoffs.

What are everyone’s thoughts on this division? What happened to pivot it from one of the toughest divisions preseason to the leagues Okay-est division? Does anyone see the teams turning things around to become legit dominant cup contenders by the end of the year?
Before what season did you think Bos and Tor were contenders? Looked like a meh division in July.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
I'll take a chance and say Buffalo makes the playoffs this year....I have more faith in Lindy than some other people do.........Good metrics in NJ and very serviceable metrics so far this year......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad