The Armchair GM Thread - LXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willting*

Is this in anyway possible?
-Lets forget that many players have NTCs or Benning will somehow convince them to go the team he is trading them to.
-Every players is available except Young players like Jensen, Kassian, Tanev, Corrado, etc.

-Get the 1st overall pick from Florida without giving up the 6th/Tanev/Horvat/Shinkruk/Jensen/Kassian. Willing to give up ok prospects/roster players like Cassels, Hutton, etc.

-Pick Reinhart or Ekblad. I like Reinhart.
-Pick anyone of Ehlers/Nylander/Ritchie/Virtanen
-Trade for Evander Kane. I know it will probably cost alot and almost impossible without giving up young players/prospects I mentioned but lets say Benning somehow pulls it withouth giving any or maybe only one of the young players.

Look how the future of this team looks.

-Kane = Top 6 winger/1st line W?
-Reinhart/Ekblad = 1st line C/top pairing D?
-Horvat = 2nd line C?
-Nylander/Ehlers/Ritchie/Virtanen = Top 6 F?
-Tanev = top pairing D/2nd pairing D?
-Jensen = Top 6 F?
-Kassian = Top 6 F?
-Shinkaruk = Top 6 F?
-Corrado = Top 4 D?

Maybe one or two of them dont end up becoming top 6 Fs and even then the future looks bright.
I know the top 6F/ top 4 D is assuming but they all have potential to become top 6 F/top 4 D.

I know I am dreaming but if this were somehow possible.....

Right because every player will pan out...

There has been no indication that Jensen will be a top 6 F anytime soon. He can score but can't play with others too much.

Patchey*

Right because every player will pan out...

There has been no indication that Jensen will be a top 6 F anytime soon. He can score but can't play with others too much.

Did you read his last paragraph?

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I also read the paragraph where we get both Kane and the 1st overall.

Really no point in discussing this.

What does Evander Kane have to do with his, in your own words, panning out of every prospect? Kane's already an established player in the NHL. Probably not a good 1st line option like OP wants, however.

I'll give you the 1st overall based on your original argument, but I don't see where Kane fits in with all that.

Willting*

What does Evander Kane have to do with his, in your own words, panning out of every prospect? Kane's already an established player in the NHL. Probably not a good 1st line option like OP wants, however.

I'll give you the 1st overall based on your original argument, but I don't see where Kane fits in with all that.

Ausar was trying to poke holes in my post.

I would rebute what he said but given the unrealistic nature (as evidence by where the Canucks get Kane and Reinhart/Ekblad) of the OP there really is no point in me continuing my side of the argument.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Is this in anyway possible?
-Lets forget that many players have NTCs or Benning will somehow convince them to go the team he is trading them to.
-Every players is available except Young players like Jensen, Kassian, Tanev, Corrado, etc.

-Get the 1st overall pick from Florida without giving up the 6th/Tanev/Horvat/Shinkruk/Jensen/Kassian. Willing to give up ok prospects/roster players like Cassels, Hutton, etc.

-Pick Reinhart or Ekblad. I like Reinhart.
-Pick anyone of Ehlers/Nylander/Ritchie/Virtanen
-Trade for Evander Kane. I know it will probably cost alot and almost impossible without giving up young players/prospects I mentioned but lets say Benning somehow pulls it withouth giving any or maybe only one of the young players.

Look how the future of this team looks.

-Kane = Top 6 winger/1st line W?
-Reinhart/Ekblad = 1st line C/top pairing D?
-Horvat = 2nd line C?
-Nylander/Ehlers/Ritchie/Virtanen = Top 6 F?
-Tanev = top pairing D/2nd pairing D?
-Jensen = Top 6 F?
-Kassian = Top 6 F?
-Shinkaruk = Top 6 F?
-Corrado = Top 4 D?

Maybe one or two of them dont end up becoming top 6 Fs and even then the future looks bright.
I know the top 6F/ top 4 D is assuming but they all have potential to become top 6 F/top 4 D.

I know I am dreaming but if this were somehow possible.....

So let me get this right, we are going to get both the #1 pick this year and an established budding star in Kane without giving up our 6th or any of our young assets (of which we have few).

Why would Florida or Winnipeg do either deal?

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
Just reading up on whats going on with ROR in Colorado. Maybe they Canucks should offer sheet him, what do you guys think. If I'm understanding the situation correctly, his RFA qualifying offer is 6.5mil and Colorado is trying to get under that number by going to club-elected salary arbitration. Maybe the Canucks go in at that number 6.5 x 5 or something. The compensation would be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd so it's a hefty price.

Last edited:

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Just reading up on whats going on with ROR in Colorado. Maybe they Canucks should offer sheet him, what do you guys think. If I'm understanding the situation correctly, his RFA qualifying offer is 6.5mil and Colorado is trying to get under that number by going to club-elected salary arbitration. Maybe the Canucks go in at that number 6.5 x 5 or something.

I think they'd match 6.5. It would have to be something stupid. They should probably try and see what it would take to acquire him in a trade. I'm not a huge fan of his

Iridescent*

Just reading up on whats going on with ROR in Colorado. Maybe they Canucks should offer sheet him, what do you guys think. If I'm understanding the situation correctly, his RFA qualifying offer is 6.5mil and Colorado is trying to get under that number by going to club-elected salary arbitration. Maybe the Canucks go in at that number 6.5 x 5 or something. The compensation would be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd so it's a hefty price.

Id give up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for ROR. But it's moot, as Colorado definitely matches that offer.

Iridescent*

Why is Colorado playing this game with him then? I guess they don't want to pay him more than 6.5 so they want to start the negotiations at a lower price?

My uneducated, wild internet speculation? He doesn't want to sign, they know he doesn't want to sign.

They annoy him, which makes him want out, bait offer sheets, which he signs because he's annoyed. Then they simply match and lock him up long term.

Willting*

Colorado is going to sign ROR.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
With Alberts out Clayton Stoner would be a perfect bottom pairing physical defenseman. Also a local boy, he's big and mean.

29 years old 1m/year

But he's going to want to play, not ride the pine like Alberts did. What do you guys think?

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008
Adrian Dater:

I'm off today, but Avs filing for arbitration with O'Reilly is not major deal. Avs say they will work toward signing him still. #precaution

That said, negotiations with ROR have never been easy and appear that way still. ROR agent says "nothing to report" on talks

It's pretty clear from my gathering that Avs think ROR is $5 million player, which is his cap hit. But he was paid $6.5 this year...

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008
If I want the Canucks to offer sheet a player, it would be Ryan Johansen. Obviously CBJ will match it.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
People laughed at how badly the Flames bungled that ROR offersheet situation at the time. But it sure has put some pressure on the Avs now...a bit of a delayed bit of pressure, but it certainly can't be the most comfortable situation for the Avalanche now. Doubt it will amount to much, but it could lead to some CBA gymnastics and nervous times for the Avs this summer.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
The Flames' mistake is still just as ridiculous as the day they did it. The Avs being under a bit of pressure doesn't make it any better because they'd have still lost Monahan for nothing and O'Reilly would've been a Blue Jacket.

But Sherman also looks like a complete dolt. If he'd actually done his job and understood the rule, he could've eliminated any threat of an offer sheet by publicizing the fact that O'Reilly would have to go through waivers after signing.

nucklepucktime

Jan 26, 2014
How about kesler for etem, vatanen / theodore , 10th (anaheim must do it to make it deep)

tanev for Alexander Khokhlachev

Etem, 10th overall, shroader(grabner 2.0) for 5th overall

We draft draisaitl/dal colle and nylander back to back

sign either stastny or grabovski. What needs to be added to make this happen? Does anyone else agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad